Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yrma's hand-me-downs & gifts  (Read 277245 times)
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: February 04, 2017, 09:32:38 PM »

I have never associated her with Danish brands..ever...it is always a surprise and a bit of shock when she deems one worthy of wearing. IMO, she has always relied on the big fashion names because she feels secure in that hype. She is not a big enough person or power to support Danish brands....she wears them as a consolation.

I completely agree.   Star

In addition to that, she doesn't have the personality or looks to become a trendsetter in her own right. She simply parrots what she's seen on the runway, and often fails.  People like Audrey Hepburn and Coco Chanel and even Gloria TnT were not beautiful people in the conventional sense, but they all had the personality to wear things in a way that were unique and trendsetting.  Mosh does not, and as a result of that, when she tries to do things like add purple gloves to a white outfit, or a belt around a cape, she just looks like she's made a mistake or is trying too hard.

You either have that ability to start trends/make unexpected things look interesting or you don't.  It's an innate ability that can't be taught.  Most of the people in the world don't have it; Mosh is one of them. 

I agree.  Star

But it's more than just personality or looks. It also takes an innate eye for styles, confidence for bucking the trends, an awareness of her own body so she knows what looks good on her. Mary doesn't have any of this. She's a follower in fashion and a pretty bad follower at that because she doesn't know what styles flatter her body.

I always remember the story Givenchy told about his first meeting with Audrey Hepburn. He thought "Miss Hepburn" he's about to meet was Katharine Hepburn. Then in came this young waif who walked into his Paris studio in a white blouse, capri pants, ballerina flats and a straw coolie hat. None of the pieces were en vogue in Paris at that time or extraordinary on its own. Yet, Audrey Hepburn, a young actress of 20 something, confidently walked through Parisian streets and turned heads. That's why she's a style icon.

Very well said Laprincess, and with an Audrey Hepburn story too! Love your post!  Star
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: February 06, 2017, 03:18:21 PM »

I have never associated her with Danish brands..ever...it is always a surprise and a bit of shock when she deems one worthy of wearing. IMO, she has always relied on the big fashion names because she feels secure in that hype. She is not a big enough person or power to support Danish brands....she wears them as a consolation.

I completely agree.   Star

In addition to that, she doesn't have the personality or looks to become a trendsetter in her own right. She simply parrots what she's seen on the runway, and often fails.  People like Audrey Hepburn and Coco Chanel and even Gloria TnT were not beautiful people in the conventional sense, but they all had the personality to wear things in a way that were unique and trendsetting.  Mosh does not, and as a result of that, when she tries to do things like add purple gloves to a white outfit, or a belt around a cape, she just looks like she's made a mistake or is trying too hard.

You either have that ability to start trends/make unexpected things look interesting or you don't.  It's an innate ability that can't be taught.  Most of the people in the world don't have it; Mosh is one of them. 

I agree.  Star

But it's more than just personality or looks. It also takes an innate eye for styles, confidence for bucking the trends, an awareness of her own body so she knows what looks good on her. Mary doesn't have any of this. She's a follower in fashion and a pretty bad follower at that because she doesn't know what styles flatter her body.

I always remember the story Givenchy told about his first meeting with Audrey Hepburn. He thought "Miss Hepburn" he's about to meet was Katharine Hepburn. Then in came this young waif who walked into his Paris studio in a white blouse, capri pants, ballerina flats and a straw coolie hat. None of the pieces were en vogue in Paris at that time or extraordinary on its own. Yet, Audrey Hepburn, a young actress of 20 something, confidently walked through Parisian streets and turned heads. That's why she's a style icon.

Very well said Laprincess, and with an Audrey Hepburn story too! Love your post!  Star

Recently I have been to a lecture about a new fictional book related to Audrey Hepburn. It deals with her childhood time in Arnhem, in the east of the Netherlands. The main person, or storyteller, fells in love with Audrey (and keeps on following her in de media and so on).  According to the athor of the book Audrey had an amazing gift of being able to customize (to show what people wanted to see etc). Probably partially the result of her (difficult) relationship with her mother. During her research the writer also noticed Audrey was (very) insecure, even about her looks.
Kittycat_dish

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: February 07, 2017, 04:31:49 PM »

Star Renee.  Here's the blouse:

Star kitty -

Ah, yes, Mares' full Lestat look.  Have you said your goodbyes to the light?

Star Thanks, Curtains!
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: February 07, 2017, 09:11:39 PM »

Some of her costume jewelry ends up with her sisters; does anyone remember seeing any 'old' dulong jewelry at Haberdash?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: February 07, 2017, 09:31:09 PM »

no, not really - I just know that her sisters and Amber got some Dulong bling

(necklace)

(earrings, necklace on Jane Stephens, left sister)

there are several more with different earrings on Jane, cannot find them now.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: February 08, 2017, 10:26:24 AM »

You do get the impression that Mary upon remembering "Gosh its Jane's b'day the day after next" walks to the storage rooms, where the garbage bags with the discarded stuff is stored, rummages around, comes up with a trinket, thinking "why had I ever bought that??" and fed ex it to AUS.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: February 08, 2017, 01:42:58 PM »

You do get the impression that Mary upon remembering "Gosh its Jane's b'day the day after next" walks to the storage rooms, where the garbage bags with the discarded stuff is stored, rummages around, comes up with a trinket, thinking "why had I ever bought that??" and fed ex it to AUS.

Except that she doesn't even do it herself--sends an underling to do it for her, with the parting caveat: "And make sure you don't send her anything too nice; that stuff's for re$ale..."
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: February 08, 2017, 01:59:17 PM »

Fo some reason I think that Mary has not even half as many underlings and service people that we think she does and that she thinks she deserves. I have a lot more fun imagining that she indeed has to get her hands dirty, mopping the floor after the children, because sorry but Denmark has very strict rules on working condition and at exactly 6pm the housekeeper leaves. Unfortunately they can't afford too many overtime premium hours and the atmosphere is not quite such that you'd like to linger after your workday is done...
Totally off topic mea culpa...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: February 08, 2017, 02:24:36 PM »

Fo some reason I think that Mary has not even half as many underlings and service people that we think she does and that she thinks she deserves. I have a lot more fun imagining that she indeed has to get her hands dirty, mopping the floor after the children, because sorry but Denmark has very strict rules on working condition and at exactly 6pm the housekeeper leaves. Unfortunately they can't afford too many overtime premium hours and the atmosphere is not quite such that you'd like to linger after your workday is done...
Totally off topic mea culpa...

Ehh. It's a nice thought and I wish it were true but I think Mary lives in luxury far beyond what we can imagine (and what she deserves).
chocolate_angel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: February 08, 2017, 05:50:10 PM »

Maybe Mosh sells her stuff at haberdash in order to pay for the overtime of their stuff....who else would make dinner and bring the kids to bed??? Thinking
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: February 08, 2017, 09:49:16 PM »

Well Izzy was pictured washing the windows at an early age, perhaps the kids are very self reliant? Thinking

Mary's life motto:
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: February 09, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »

Well Izzy was pictured washing the windows at an early age, perhaps the kids are very self reliant? Thinking

Laughing
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: February 22, 2017, 06:52:35 PM »

New item at H.aberdash it seems : the coral pink dress from the 2011 pre-wedding concert in Monaco.

https://www.instagram.com...vZ/?taken-by=haberdashcph

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: February 22, 2017, 10:48:41 PM »

Yikes look at that sun damage. So much for the flawless skin Ole claims she has.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: February 23, 2017, 12:28:56 PM »

That was actually a lovely dress even on her...

Mary's life motto:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: