Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Fabiola - 5th Queen of the Belgians  (Read 20943 times)
CyrilSebastian

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2017, 10:42:43 PM »

Fabiola's father, Gonzalo de Mora Fernandez Riera del Olmo, Marqu?s de Casa Riera died a year before her engagement.   
Did Fabiola ever speak about her parents in any interview?
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2017, 05:59:29 PM »

Fabiola's father, Gonzalo de Mora Fernandez Riera del Olmo, Marqu?s de Casa Riera died a year before her engagement.   
Did Fabiola ever speak about her parents in any interview?

That is a very good question. I don't speak any Dutch or Spanish and so I have to rely on hoping that there's English subtitles and I've never seen anything where she commented on her mother. However, her mother (and father) were prominent people in Spain and there's a number of pictures of her mother and also Fabiola with her mother and Fabiola with her sisters and extended nieces and nephews. And her mother was in the footage release of her engagement announcement to Baudouin - but so was Princess Liliane de Réthy before she stole all the furniture in the castle while Baudouin and Fabiola were on a very brief honeymoon. They cut it short because there was unrest in Belgium and they came home to no furniture.

Fabiola's mother, Blanca de Aragón y Carrillo de Albornoz, Barroeta-Aldamar y Elío, died in 1981 and I *believe* this picture to be of Fabiola and Baudouin leaving a service for her mother. That is how it was notated. But Baudouin is totally smiling so I'm not sure because of that broad smile.

Fabiola at her wedding with some of her sisters and brothers. Not the scandalous one. hahaha

Here is Blanca de Aragon, mother of Fabiola in her home. And I can't freaking find the pictures of Fabiola and her mother that I've deep sixed somewhere deep in my Fabiola and Baudouin files...deep in the hidden bunker. hahaha

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2017, 06:04:37 PM »

And now the post I've been wanting to do for a while. So, I came across this picture in my Fab files and thought to myself...I wonder if she ever wore this broach again. And, I have no evidence of that so I submit it to you all here. Do you think she chucked it in the safe and forgot about this because I think it was a gift from Princess Liliane de Rethy and we all know how that relationship went down and frankly I totally think if Fabiola has a problem with you - you're probably a straight up jackass because she loved everybody.  Blush

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2017, 08:28:48 PM »

One last thing about Fabiola and her family since I'm basically spamming the Fabiola topic today so I might as well get it all out there...Fabiola had her own apartment and job before she even met Baudouin - so she was no longer living at her mother's home. For the time that was the most popular thing to do. She wasn't looking for someone to marry and she got angry when she found out that she had been sought out by the King of the Belgians who wanted a Spanish bride of Roman Catholic faith. And yes, I think Baudouin was connected in media of the day to Roman Catholic ladies mostly - I have to research that a bit more to make certain he was never connected to say Princess Margaret. There were loads of media covers of European royalty mags that had Baudouin paired with all sorts of ladies. I should post some up when I hit up the Fab files offline.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: