Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Fabiola - 5th Queen of the Belgians  (Read 23189 times)
CyrilSebastian

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2017, 10:42:43 PM »

Fabiola's father, Gonzalo de Mora Fernandez Riera del Olmo, Marqu?s de Casa Riera died a year before her engagement.   
Did Fabiola ever speak about her parents in any interview?
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2017, 05:59:29 PM »

Fabiola's father, Gonzalo de Mora Fernandez Riera del Olmo, Marqu?s de Casa Riera died a year before her engagement.   
Did Fabiola ever speak about her parents in any interview?

That is a very good question. I don't speak any Dutch or Spanish and so I have to rely on hoping that there's English subtitles and I've never seen anything where she commented on her mother. However, her mother (and father) were prominent people in Spain and there's a number of pictures of her mother and also Fabiola with her mother and Fabiola with her sisters and extended nieces and nephews. And her mother was in the footage release of her engagement announcement to Baudouin - but so was Princess Liliane de Réthy before she stole all the furniture in the castle while Baudouin and Fabiola were on a very brief honeymoon. They cut it short because there was unrest in Belgium and they came home to no furniture.

Fabiola's mother, Blanca de Aragón y Carrillo de Albornoz, Barroeta-Aldamar y Elío, died in 1981 and I *believe* this picture to be of Fabiola and Baudouin leaving a service for her mother. That is how it was notated. But Baudouin is totally smiling so I'm not sure because of that broad smile.

Fabiola at her wedding with some of her sisters and brothers. Not the scandalous one. hahaha

Here is Blanca de Aragon, mother of Fabiola in her home. And I can't freaking find the pictures of Fabiola and her mother that I've deep sixed somewhere deep in my Fabiola and Baudouin files...deep in the hidden bunker. hahaha

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2017, 06:04:37 PM »

And now the post I've been wanting to do for a while. So, I came across this picture in my Fab files and thought to myself...I wonder if she ever wore this broach again. And, I have no evidence of that so I submit it to you all here. Do you think she chucked it in the safe and forgot about this because I think it was a gift from Princess Liliane de Rethy and we all know how that relationship went down and frankly I totally think if Fabiola has a problem with you - you're probably a straight up jackass because she loved everybody.  Blush

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2017, 08:28:48 PM »

One last thing about Fabiola and her family since I'm basically spamming the Fabiola topic today so I might as well get it all out there...Fabiola had her own apartment and job before she even met Baudouin - so she was no longer living at her mother's home. For the time that was the most popular thing to do. She wasn't looking for someone to marry and she got angry when she found out that she had been sought out by the King of the Belgians who wanted a Spanish bride of Roman Catholic faith. And yes, I think Baudouin was connected in media of the day to Roman Catholic ladies mostly - I have to research that a bit more to make certain he was never connected to say Princess Margaret. There were loads of media covers of European royalty mags that had Baudouin paired with all sorts of ladies. I should post some up when I hit up the Fab files offline.

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2017, 05:31:30 PM »

You know - I really have got to start refreshing my memory of the work I've already done so arduously. Someone asked if Baudouin had been connected with only Roman Catholic Princesses. Well, here is an article with Euro Royalty magazine covers I put together in one giant graphic. Not trying to drive views to my Baudouin-Fabiola blog but I've already to the brief topic on there covering the exact question asked here.

The link to the very short mostly picture article from my blog
https://baudouin-fabiola..../who-will-baudouin-marry/

And here is just the picture of the magazine covers...

If you click on this link you should be able to also greatly increase the size of this picture because it's quite large which will enable you to see who is actually on these covers...
https://lellobeetle.files...ess.com/2014/04/all11.jpg

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2017, 12:03:43 AM »

Came across the other picture of Fabiola's mother that I had been looking for to include in my post above. This is Blanca de Aragon, mother of Fabiola in her home.

esther angeline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2017, 09:59:20 PM »

Lellobeetle, I for one vastly enjoy and look forward to your postings!   :: Star  Banana  I am  now interested in Fabs solely because of your expertise!!, I would love to know more about their courting and wedding periods.  Please find all the wedding gown pictures possible: her gown is one of the best of all time
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2017, 12:55:08 AM »

Lellobeetle, I for one vastly enjoy and look forward to your postings!   :: Star  Banana  I am  now interested in Fabs solely because of your expertise!!, I would love to know more about their courting and wedding periods.  Please find all the wedding gown pictures possible: her gown is one of the best of all time

Well didn't you just make my day, dear Esther Angeline. I will DEF put together something on their very unusual introduction/meeting and then another post on the wedding and finally one dedicated to her magnificent Balenciaga wedding gown.   Star  and most definitely  Hug

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2017, 11:00:07 AM »

You know - I really have got to start refreshing my memory of the work I've already done so arduously. Someone asked if Baudouin had been connected with only Roman Catholic Princesses. Well, here is an article with Euro Royalty magazine covers I put together in one giant graphic. Not trying to drive views to my Baudouin-Fabiola blog but I've already to the brief topic on there covering the exact question asked here.

The link to the very short mostly picture article from my blog
https://baudouin-fabiola..../who-will-baudouin-marry/

And here is just the picture of the magazine covers...

If you click on this link you should be able to also greatly increase the size of this picture because it's quite large which will enable you to see who is actually on these covers...
https://lellobeetle.files...ess.com/2014/04/all11.jpg

Wow never knew they even linked Baudouin to Irene of the Netherlands.

Especially as Irene's marriage to a Catholic prince of Bourbon Parma triggered revolt and unrest among a large part of Protestant community in the Netherlands (in the 1960s). Which was a huge difference in comparison to the marriage of WA with Catholic  Maxima 30-40 years later.

The Dutch Royal House/Family is predominantly protestant. Most members of the royal family belong to formerly the Reformed Church, which now is known as (part of the) Protestant Churches of the Netherlands (PKN). Irene converted to Roman Catholic upon her marriage to prince Carlos de Bourbon Parma (later Duke of Parma). Maxima was Roman Catholic of origine and still is (never converted, but agreed to raise her children in the protestant faith)
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2017, 02:38:55 PM »

Great post, Principessa. I totally understand and agree with what you said. I will point out, however, that despite the religious differences, I do think there was a great bond between the monarchies in the Netherlands and Belgium, with Wilhelmina and Leopold III being close, Juliana and Beatrix being close to Baudouin/Albert (but particularly Baudouin) and now Willem Alexander being close to Philippe. I always got a sense that there was sadness that these two houses were not brought together through marriage. Just my reading of the situation.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2017, 02:52:33 PM »

Great post, Principessa. I totally understand and agree with what you said. I will point out, however, that despite the religious differences, I do think there was a great bond between the monarchies in the Netherlands and Belgium, with Wilhelmina and Leopold III being close, Juliana and Beatrix being close to Baudouin/Albert (but particularly Baudouin) and now Willem Alexander being close to Philippe. I always got a sense that there was sadness that these two houses were not brought together through marriage. Just my reading of the situation.

While in the past, the early beginnings I would have expect some resentment between the two royal families:
- According to the story princess Charlotte Wales (1796 - 1817) had been engaged to prince Willem of the Netherlands (the later king Willem II) (1792-1849) for a couple of months in 1814. Charlotte broke off the engagement. And in 1816 she married prince Leopold of Saxe Coburg Gotha. Indeed the man who, after the early death of his wife, would be elected as first king of the newly established Belgium.
- United Kingdom of the Netherlands (1815–1839)  was the unofficial name for the Kingdom of the Netherlands  during the period after it was first created from part of the First French Empire and before the new Kingdom of Belgium split off from it in 1830 (after the Belgian Revolution). The Dutch royals tried to maintain the United Kingdom. But had to let Belgium and a large part of Luxembourg go. Untill Wilhelmina the Dutch king was also Grand duke of Luxembourg (the remaining part of the Grandduchy)
- difference in religion, which in the past, was a big issue. The mainly protestant North (= Netherlands) and the mainly catholic South (= Belgium), which was the samen for the royal families.
Catananche

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2017, 03:11:50 PM »

Unless the Belgian constitution is changed a marriage is never going to happen. There is a decree that forbids anyone from the House of Orange Nassau to hold a position of power in Belgium. Being close to the throne is apparently seen as being in a position of power.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2017, 03:16:03 PM »

Unless the Belgian constitution is changed a marriage is never going to happen. There is a decree that forbids anyone from the House of Orange Nassau to hold a position of power in Belgium. Being close to the throne is apparently seen as being in a position of power.

That's why I said I always got a sense that there was sadness that it would never happen.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: