Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Fabiola - 5th Queen of the Belgians  (Read 86458 times)
lellobeetle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2018, 04:45:43 AM »

Lello, I saw in the "who has met a royal topic"  you said you had talked to Fabiola.  So cool! Any details?

I sent her a letter with an antique miniature Book of Common Prayer in 2013. This is a photo of the letter from her staff. I was hoping she would have at least signed it.  Ahhh well.

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2018, 04:56:23 AM »

That's really cool!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2018, 05:21:45 AM »

Lello, I saw in the "who has met a royal topic"  you said you had talked to Fabiola.  So cool! Any details?

I sent her a letter with an antique miniature Book of Common Prayer in 2013. This is a photo of the letter from her staff. I was hoping she would have at least signed it.  Ahhh well.

This is very cool, but I'm curious as to why she included a Book of Common Prayer.  She was very Catholic.  Do you know why she sent that book and not a Catholic book?
lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2018, 11:27:08 AM »

pixiecat - I sent Fabiola a Book of Common Prayer. I know she's a huge Catholic, but I'm Anglican and it was a cool book. I thought she would just appreciate it.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2018, 05:22:51 PM »

pixiecat - I sent Fabiola a Book of Common Prayer. I know she's a huge Catholic, but I'm Anglican and it was a cool book. I thought she would just appreciate it.

Oh, that's really cool!  How nice of you to do that, and how nice of her to send something to you.
lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2018, 08:27:32 PM »

Oh, that's really cool!  How nice of you to do that, and how nice of her to send something to you.

Oh thank you so much. It was a miniature antique BCP (Book of Common Prayer) like this one, and I carried it with me at my wedding.  It was deeply personal to me and I felt her life was getting to the closing years and I wanted to do something for her since I knew there were probably many many things she had done for others that we never knew anything about where she really helped folks in her beautiful way.

lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2018, 06:58:34 AM »

Lovely picture of Fabiola

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2018, 11:42:32 AM »

Regarding the incompetent cervix: Do we know at what point Fabiola always misscarried? Because if it was due to weak or incompetent cervix, than she would have misscarried in her second trimester or even later.
Cervical cerclages have been around for quite some time ( the McDonald cerclage since WWII and the Shirodkar cerclage since 1955 India (mid 60 in the US) so I would assume, that Fabiola had access to this and could have been treated with this.(success rate was at 80%) In addition to staying in bed for the entire lenght of the gestation (which in  queen's case would be totally doable) there should have been some result.
Since nothing worked I assume, that a cervical insufficiency wasn't the case.
BTW, today this method is not used any longer.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2018, 02:47:10 AM »

We still use cerclage where I work in a large woman's unit.
lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2018, 09:46:24 AM »

Exactly how did King Baudouin and Doña Fabiola de Mora y Aragón meet?

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:42:28 PM by Maria » Logged

Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2018, 10:23:44 AM »

Star That was lovely to read, Laura, thank you! I am in awe of their love for one another and what a beautiful example of Christian marriage they are.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2018, 05:56:17 PM »

Star That was lovely to read, Laura, thank you! I am in awe of their love for one another and what a beautiful example of Christian marriage they are.

Thank you very much. I am in awe as well.  That's why I run my little tribute site that never gets any visitors. I don't care that it doesn't - it's my way of honoring and upholding their values.  Blush 

Ellie  Star   Hug

Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2018, 12:49:23 AM »

I'd argue that IS an arranged marriage, but they did seem like a very devoted couple.
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2018, 06:13:16 AM »

Thank you, Laura.  Star

Those journal entries are profoundly touching.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2018, 06:54:06 AM »

I'd argue that IS an arranged marriage, but they did seem like a very devoted couple.

Seems like more of a set-up and hoping it would work more than anything else, as often happens with people!

They were very lucky in finding each other.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: