Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's BOOTS  (Read 20196 times)
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 07:23:23 AM »

Does no-one in KP own a suede brush?
[/quote]

No. They are all used to brush Billy the Plumber's plumage. 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 03:33:47 PM »

am wearing my black knee-high suede boots and i'm just about in kate's category!  i need to take them to the shop to have them make the black darker and nicer!  they're a little torn up inside, but i don't want to get rid of them because otherwise they are fine.  the heels and front have no wear.  they were from banana republic.  i swear, i must've had these for about 10 yrs.!   Smiley  i love them, though.
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 09:05:08 PM »

25/12 2013

Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2013, 10:35:02 PM »

I'm a shoe person, I love suede........but those boots are a disaster.  I hate how they sag at the ankle, and the suede looks worn and dirty.
gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 12:17:59 AM »

I'm a shoe person, I love suede........but those boots are a disaster.  I hate how they sag at the ankle, and the suede looks worn and dirty.

I agree - IMO, her shoes and boots are always a disaster. It's shocking to me how poorly she turns out with all that she has at her disposal. She is in serious need of a dresser or stylist or someone to take her dirty, shabby details in order. She needs someone to coordinate the cleaning of her shoes (since apparently she is too busy cooking oats for Willnot), and incorporate some jewelry or scarves or something into her outfits. She always looks not quite pulled together.

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 12:39:32 AM »

http://shop.nordstrom.com...Wg-4Sc2Q2OvgcBJ9GzV3Gfk7w

Courtesy of this blog; http://hrhduchesskate.blo...tmas-at.html#comment-form
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 12:42:41 AM »

I was going to say "burn those boots!" but in AliCat's pic I like them.. maybe because they are new?  Laugh bounce
Vava

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 12:57:27 AM »

I know a couple of people who have those boots, they love them because they are nice for slim legs and they are comfortable heels with a slight platform.  They sag on their ankles too, though.  But at least those women brush their boots and keep them looking like the photo that Alicat posted.

I'd say Waity has gotten her money's worth from her pair.  It's time she retire them to dog walking or something of that nature.....
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2013, 01:13:30 AM »

Are Waity's and mary's boots the same??

AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 01:15:23 AM »

Are Waity's and mary's boots the same??

They do look similar, and Waity could have removed the tassels from her boots.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2013, 01:35:43 AM »

It looks like she kept the tassel on her right boot
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 01:42:35 AM »

Ah yes--HumanWaity, before she turned into WaityBOT
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2013, 01:43:09 AM »

It looks like she kept the tassel on her right boot

Maybe she lost the other one   Banana
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 08:06:11 AM »

I know a couple of people who have those boots...But at least those women brush their boots and keep them looking like the photo that Alicat posted.

I'd say Waity has gotten her money's worth from her pair.  It's time she retire them to dog walking or something of that nature.....

Just because you can afford the boots doesn't mean you understand that keeping them brushed and treated for water-resistance is part of their maintenance. Aristos don't care; they have 'someone' to do that for them. But hi-middles see only the symbolism of the expensive boots and miss the fine detail of keeping them in good repair. Therefore, they don't think about maintaining them even when they move up to the level of 'someone else' taking care of the wardrobe. Only people of lesser means think and act consistently about how to maintain a clothing investment such as boots of this type and cost. Kate does not appear to be someone who understands or knows about keeping her wardrobe maintained. It makes her look like a careless person who doesn't understand the value of anything.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2013, 08:25:14 AM »

I know a couple of people who have those boots...But at least those women brush their boots and keep them looking like the photo that Alicat posted.

Just because you can afford the boots doesn't mean you understand that keeping them brushed and treated for water-resistance is part of their maintenance. Aristos don't care; they have 'someone' to do that for them. But hi-middles see only the symbolism of the expensive boots and miss the fine detail of keeping them in good repair. Therefore, they don't think about maintaining them even when they move up to the level of 'someone else' taking care of the wardrobe. Only people of lesser means think and act consistently about how to maintain a clothing investment such as boots of this type and cost. Kate does not appear to be someone who understands or knows about keeping her wardrobe maintained. It makes her look like a careless person who doesn't understand the value of anything.

IA Thumb up I would call it the "stupid" side of nouveau riche people (see; housewifes of new jersey Dead) when they think that showing that you care what happens to the stuff you buy is tacky Crazy Old money buys the best quality stuff, maintains it so it lasts a long time and especially the wardrobe; redoing something that has gone out of style(well buying more of the classic style in the first place), resoling the shoes etc..IMO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: