Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Books--what are you reading & recommend  (Read 173829 times)
gildinwen

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: June 12, 2019, 07:04:20 PM »

So I downloaded the kindle version of "Red White and Royal Blue" a book by the author Casey MCQuinston as it's going to be adapted into a show produced by Greg Berlanti and amazon and

ooooooh boy. Not a good idea.

For starters here's the synopsis :

Alex, the son of President Ellen Claremont, is close with his sister and the Veep's granddaughter. When he and rival Prince Henry of Wales are caught fighting at a wedding, it creates a nightmare that threatens relations between Britain and the United States. Damage control means a fake friendship between Alex and Prince Henry. Alex discovers what Henry is truly like beneath the facade and they end up falling in love for real, keeping their relationship a secret, while his mother seeks re-election.

She's got the US style stuff down pat, but the British Royal Family stuff? Uh-nuh. And I wouldn't mind it so much if she hadn't specifically mentioned Brexit placing it in an only semi-alternate universe to ours. And the Royal family is ....not drawn well ( and the Prince embarrassingly woke in this which uhhhhhhh no?)

If anyone wants me to do a full review I will, but I know I'm going to cringing through this when it comes to screen
Oh God, it sounds like a soap-opera in a book. Too much drama, too much word salad, too much fiction. It must be so bad that it actually ends up being addictive. I would be curious to read it. At least try to.

The thing its a good read. In a trashy fanfic sort of way. But as I said upthread. The way that the Queen Elizabeth II analogue is so in direct contrast to what people know of her the way the Royal family is written and the way it's set in our universe sort of is making me want to cry.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: June 13, 2019, 12:41:24 AM »

So I downloaded the kindle version of "Red White and Royal Blue" a book by the author Casey MCQuinston as it's going to be adapted into a show produced by Greg Berlanti and amazon and

Alex, the son of President Ellen Claremont, is close with his sister and the Veep's granddaughter. When he and rival Prince Henry of Wales are caught fighting at a wedding, it creates a nightmare that threatens relations between Britain and the United States. Damage control means a fake friendship between Alex and Prince Henry. Alex discovers what Henry is truly like beneath the facade and they end up falling in love for real, keeping their relationship a secret, while his mother seeks re-election.

She's got the US style stuff down pat, but the British Royal Family stuff? Uh-nuh. And I wouldn't mind it so much if she hadn't specifically mentioned Brexit placing it in an only semi-alternate universe to ours. And the Royal family is ....not drawn well ( and the Prince embarrassingly woke in this which uhhhhhhh no?)

If anyone wants me to do a full review I will, but I know I'm going to cringing through this when it comes to screen
Oh God, it sounds like a soap-opera in a book. Too much drama, too much word salad, too much fiction. It must be so bad that it actually ends up being addictive. I would be curious to read it. At least try to.

The thing its a good read. In a trashy fanfic sort of way. But as I said upthread. The way that the Queen Elizabeth II analogue is so in direct contrast to what people know of her the way the Royal family is written and the way it's set in our universe sort of is making me want to cry.
Perfect for the beach!

gildinwen

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: June 13, 2019, 01:32:13 AM »

Perfect for the beach!

Perfect for a netflix film. tv show which is what Berlanti is apparently considering lol
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: