Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Books--what are you reading & recommend  (Read 242823 times)
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: June 21, 2021, 10:35:21 PM »

I am almost done work and will need some books to read during my summer break. I'll have to check that one out!  Thumb up
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: June 22, 2021, 02:35:04 AM »

Principessa...that's the one!

Anne...It's really out of my normal reading comfort zone, but if you like thrillers, I really recommend it.  I'm STILL thinking about the twist at the end, and how the author really manipulated my thinking!  Usually you can figure out twists in thrillers because you just think of the most outlandish twist, and that's usually it.  But this one really knocked me for a loop!

Edit:  Anne (or anyone!), if you read it, shoot me a PM and let me know what you thought of it! 
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: June 22, 2021, 05:27:56 PM »

Just bought it on my Kindle - can't start to read it. I love books that keep you on your toes. I'll let you know what I think once I'm done it!
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: June 23, 2021, 12:25:39 AM »

Just bought it on my Kindle - can't start to read it. I love books that keep you on your toes. I'll let you know what I think once I'm done it!

Beer
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1174 on: July 01, 2021, 08:58:24 AM »

These days I finished the Dutch version of The Windsor Knot by S.J. Bennett in approximately 2 hours. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed, it couldn't fascinate me as much as I expected and/or thought.

A review from another reader:

https://mariellahunt.com/...ndsor-knot-by-sj-bennett/
Gemsheal

Medium Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: July 01, 2021, 09:22:34 PM »

I just finished a biography of Wallis Windsor, called The Duchess of Windsor: The Uncommon Life of Wallis Simpson, which I enjoyed.  The author (Greg King) was a little more gentle with Wallis than some other authors or historians have been about her, but somehow I didn't mind.  All the known facts seemed to be there, just rather more sympathetically rendered.   I thought the chapters on her youth and her first marriage were especially good.   It was originally published in 1999 but the version I read had updated afterwords.

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: