Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bicentenary of the Kingdom of the Netherlands: news and pictures  (Read 11314 times)
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 11:40:07 AM »

Star  Sas and PeDe for posting the pics.
The eggshell dress was indeed Satan's  (check the ever wonderful modekoninginmaxima.nl for details)
Not sure if it was headlights or plainly bad tailored and ironed darts (figuurnaden) in the bodice.  Thinking

The majority of the costumed folks in Scheveningen weren't actors but local people - they're very proud of their connection with the Royal House  Smiley

The Bee was there for the afternoon programme (didn't look for others).

And here's the black Satan dress she wore in the evening:
http://www.modekoninginma...koninkrijk-avondprogramma

I'm triggered by the necklace - not even WaxMax would be so stupid to buy a fresh sapphire necklace in the current economic climate, so it may very well be a (previously unseen) version of DuRF sapphires. It screams Steltman Jewellers to me, quite boring in its design. Could just as well be diamonds with kunzite which is cheap compared to sapphire.
Meh about the hair by the way, worried about the work around her eyes. And is she also into the trend of storing acorns for the winter???

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 12:53:52 PM »

http://www.royalpress.nl/...ategories.php?cat_id=1361
http://dutchphotopress.co...te-200-years-kingdom.html

It seems Máxima had a problem with her eyes (again). Her mascara even started running down her face.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »

I have that problem too, my eyes start tearing up when it is cold and windy. I always wonder how other women manage to keep their mascara stay put. Just a wiff of mascara in my eyes and I brawl like the audience at the Titanic finale.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 01:51:57 PM »

Lovely colour.
The similar waist and sleeve detail is overkill IMO.Either one or the other,preferably the sleeves. The dress is too tight in the bodice and makes her look flat chested.

winx

Humongous Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 03:02:26 PM »

OH MY GOD SLEEVES ARE GETTING BIGGER AND BIGGER!!  Blink

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 05:37:53 PM »

The rest of the family joined them last night for an evening event.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 10:09:03 PM »

I have that problem too, my eyes start tearing up when it is cold and windy. I always wonder how other women manage to keep their mascara stay put. Just a wiff of mascara in my eyes and I brawl like the audience at the Titanic finale.

Waterproof....only waterproof mascara here  otherwise I look like a raccoon.

Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 07:56:22 AM »

Lovely colour.
The similar waist and sleeve detail is overkill IMO.Either one or the other,preferably the sleeves. The dress is too tight in the bodice and makes her look flat chested.

Satan does it all the time - as if he's using Mathildes mannequin. Or he just hates boobies.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Qua Patet Orbis

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 10:46:54 AM »

These bicentenary of the monarchy anniversary and celebrations are a big scam.

Willem I just continued to proceed King Louis Napoléon Bonaparte's (The real first king of The Netherlands) framework of the Dutch state. Which Louis Napoléon Bonaparte inherited from the Batavian Republic, those guys are the real founding fathers of the Netherlands, they made the first real modern day constitution that both Louis Napoléon Bonaparte and Willem I gladly took over to insure a clear mandate of the people.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 11:52:33 AM »

This Dutch jubilee will be celebrated for ca. 2 years.

Last Saturday from 11 o'clock the arrival of Willem I at the beach of Scheveningen (30 november 1813) was reenacted. The part of Willem I was played by the Dutch actor Huub Stapel in the presence of king Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.

The official start was at 3 till 4 o'clock in the Ridderzaal in The Hague.

In the evening from half past 8 until ca. 10 o'clock was the Kingdom Concert 2013 in Scheveningen.

I have seen the live broadcast of the last event and it was fun. The presentor, Ruben Nicolai, had some witty jokes about the Royal family. For example he stated that in those  years the Dutch population developed and had grown. According to Nicolai the Royal Family had attributed to that as he looked at some rows in the audience (were all the attending members of the Royal Family were seated, which were many). On one moment Ruben mentioned they had a small problem. Karel Kraaijenhof would perform (he would accompany a performing singer) and if somebody could pass a box of tissues to a particular row of seats (were Máxima was seated).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 11:56:10 AM »

These bicentenary of the monarchy anniversary and celebrations are a big scam.

Willem I just continued to proceed King Louis Napoléon Bonaparte's (The real first king of The Netherlands) framework of the Dutch state. Which Louis Napoléon Bonaparte inherited from the Batavian Republic, those guys are the real founding fathers of the Netherlands, they made the first real modern day constitution that both Louis Napoléon Bonaparte and Willem I gladly took over to insure a clear mandate of the people.

Apparently Louis Bonaparte tryed to do good work (and also did it), but I guess his brother Napoléon expected him to be a puppet king. Everything in favor of France and Napoléon.
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 12:59:19 PM »

I thought that the Kingdom of Netherlands was older than that.  Thinking Confused I don't know my History, really.  Tongue

It's good to have a joyful event to celebrate.  Thumb up

Oh my goodness ! Those sleeves...  Crap This outfit doesn't suit her well. Well, every taste are in Nature, as we say in France.  Sweating I suppose it's a Nathan creation because every time I see a princess/queen in something I dislike, it's Nathan's work. 

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 01:28:28 PM »

I thought that the Kingdom of Netherlands was older than that.  Thinking Confused I don't know my History, really.  Tongue

It's good to have a joyful event to celebrate.  Thumb up

Oh my goodness ! Those sleeves...  Crap This outfit doesn't suit her well. Well, every taste are in Nature, as we say in France.  Sweating I suppose it's a Nathan creation because every time I see a princess/queen in something I dislike, it's Nathan's work. 

Before becoming a kingdom the Netherlands have predominantly been a republic or annexated by a foreign power (Habsburg, Spain etc).

Instead of kings etc the united Low Countries had stadtholders (Dutch: stadhouder)  In the Low Countries, the stadtholder was a medieval function, which during the 16th, 17th and 18th century, developed into a rare type of de facto hereditary head of state of the thus "crowned" Dutch Republic. It is comparable with the French title Lieutenant and England's 16th century Lord Lieutenant. The Dutch Monarchy is a cognatic descendant of the first Stadtholder of the young Republic, William of Orange.

Officially the first king of the Netherlands was the Frenchman Louis Napoléon (brother of the French Emperor Napoléon). He was succeeded by prince Willem Frederik of Orange-Nassau, who was the son of the last stadtholder Willem V.

Stadtholder Willem III is also known as King William III of England (and Ireland).
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 02:53:42 PM »

Star Thank you for the information, Principessa.  Thumb up   Beer I will die less ignorant.  Grin

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 03:27:15 PM »

Star Thank you for the information, Principessa.  Thumb up   Beer I will die less ignorant.  Grin

You are welcome.
I have to confess I like history but also know very little of foreign history. I even have 'blank' moments with regard to Dutch history Wink Smiley

Beer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: