Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bicentenary of the Kingdom of the Netherlands: news and pictures  (Read 11315 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »

Isn't it a rather pathetic proof of school history lessons when children don't pick up a thing and learn all they need to know from a comic book? The fact that there were and are such books shows that more people are aware of the school shortcomings, it is actually a pity that teachers often don't take inspiration of such comics and make their lessons a bit more interesting. (And thank you dear universe for Asterix and Obelix and their history of Rome etc and above all for their latin help)

Truer words, never spoken  Star

Are you kidding me....I inhaled Asterix & Obelix Jumping I even start to hunt them down in English for friends....we still have all our German versions!

The best comic ever! (and....Gaston Lagaffe...love this 'secret' anarchist)

My elder brother used to collect the Asterix & Obelix comics for a while. Almost all are in Dutch, except for some in German, local dialect or another language.
Some are new, but we also scanned flee markets etc for second hand copies.
The comic books stayed at our parents and are still enjoyed by the children and grandchildren.

I have noticed there are also Asterix & Obelix history books. In which specific history is explained and highlighted by Asterix & Obelix charachters.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2013, 09:56:11 PM »

There are some A&O in german dialects and boy as if reading german wasn't hard enough....

BTW, Maxima was posing big time, wasn't girl? tststs, Maxi stop doing the "turn to the side" thing (to appear slimmer?) esp with the dropping of one shoulder. Looks a tad pathetic.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2013, 04:00:45 PM »

There was only a day of celebration ?  Confused

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »

There was only a day of celebration ?  Confused

No, to my knowledge the remembrance of 200 years Kingdom of the Netherlands will take ca. two years.

In 2014 and 2015 five national events will follow, in among others The Hague, Zwolle and Maastricht. The culmination of the celebrations is a big event in Amsterdam in the last weekend of September 2015, under the motto "unity in diversity". Furthermore, there are various exhibitions and lectures in which 200-year Kingdom is central.

Hereby a link to the calendar of planned activities on the website of the organization '200 jaar koninkrijk':
http://www.200jaarkoninkrijk.nl/content/kalender-2

As far I could see the site is besides Dutch also available in Papiamentu, Papiamento and English.

Papiament (Aruba: Papiamento; Curaçao: Papiamentu; Bonaire: Papiamen) is a language which is spoken on the islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao.

Since March 6, 2007 Papiament is an official language on the (former) Dutch Antilles, besides Dutch and English. The language is spoken by a big part of the population of the Leeward Antilles (the ABC Islands). While on the Windward Antilles (the SSS Islands) predominantly English is spoken.
On Aruba Papiaments has an official status besides Dutch since 2003. However Dutch is predominantly used by the government.

There are two main forms of Paiaments, which mainly differ in spelling from one another. Papiamento spoken on Aruba has an etymological oriented spelling, while Papiamentu spoken on Curaçao and Bonaire is phonetically spelled. On Bonaire the spelling can be found in the "The Island Ordinance spelling Papiamentu".

In the whole world Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire are the only places were Papiament is the mother tongue.

Besides these islands Netherlands is the only country with a significant Papiamento-speaking minority.

LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2013, 08:49:28 PM »

Star Thanks, Principessa.  Good dishing in the future.  Yes  King

Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2014, 08:39:29 PM »

Bicentenary of the Royal Netherlands Army

tumblr; Ministry of Defense
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2014, 09:49:29 AM »

In one of the free Dutch language newspapers (Spits) there was a funny remark about the event, this morning. Apparently WA had to pay a coin (symbolic) which he had in his pocket. But it is not easy to get a coin from your pocket when you are wearing gloves.  Wink  Smiley
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2014, 10:12:37 PM »

tumblr
Sas

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »

twitter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print