Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waity in Her Own Words  (Read 352551 times)
KimmySue

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: June 07, 2017, 07:57:40 PM »

From LoveLolaHeart (2013):

Her dizzy comments have led many to wonder just how bright the future Queen Consort is.  During a viewing of her wedding dress at Buckingham Palace with the Queen, the Duchess with the Art History degree asked if the antique Fabergé eggs were still being made.  In addition to admitting she doesn’t know how to make a cup of tea, she has proven she can’t even string together a coherent tea-related question, inquiring during an appearance at Fortnum & Mason: “And can it… can you… um… test the… the smell by smelling it?”   When shopping for a birthday gift for her husband this year, Kate also appeared thwarted by the concept of pens being cylindrical, telling a store clerk she was looking for “a really beautiful pen for a man who is left-handed”.    Crazy

I thought I had heard all of her dumb remarks, but a pen for a man who is left-handed? If there was an emoji for my hand smacking my forehead i would put it here.  How did this woman make it through school? How has she made it into her 30's? My 11 year old is more intelligent than her, heck, I know 3 year olds who are brighter.
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: June 07, 2017, 09:21:50 PM »

Her dizzy comments have led many to wonder just how bright the future Queen Consort is.  During a viewing of her wedding dress at Buckingham Palace with the Queen, the Duchess with the Art History degree asked if the antique Fabergé eggs were still being made.  In addition to admitting she doesn’t know how to make a cup of tea, she has proven she can’t even string together a coherent tea-related question, inquiring during an appearance at Fortnum & Mason: “And can it… can you… um… test the… the smell by smelling it?”   When shopping for a birthday gift for her husband this year, Kate also appeared thwarted by the concept of pens being cylindrical, telling a store clerk she was looking for “a really beautiful pen for a man who is left-handed”.    Crazy

I thought I had heard all of her dumb remarks, but a pen for a man who is left-handed? If there was an emoji for my hand smacking my forehead i would put it here.  How did this woman make it through school? How has she made it into her 30's? My 11 year old is more intelligent than her, heck, I know 3 year olds who are brighter.

We have something like this  Wink

Dash2

Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: June 07, 2017, 09:46:22 PM »

Her dizzy comments have led many to wonder just how bright the future Queen Consort is.  During a viewing of her wedding dress at Buckingham Palace with the Queen, the Duchess with the Art History degree asked if the antique Fabergé eggs were still being made.  In addition to admitting she doesn’t know how to make a cup of tea, she has proven she can’t even string together a coherent tea-related question, inquiring during an appearance at Fortnum & Mason: “And can it… can you… um… test the… the smell by smelling it?”   When shopping for a birthday gift for her husband this year, Kate also appeared thwarted by the concept of pens being cylindrical, telling a store clerk she was looking for “a really beautiful pen for a man who is left-handed”.    Crazy

I thought I had heard all of her dumb remarks, but a pen for a man who is left-handed? If there was an emoji for my hand smacking my forehead i would put it here.  How did this woman make it through school? How has she made it into her 30's? My 11 year old is more intelligent than her, heck, I know 3 year olds who are brighter.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm actually going to have to defend Kate on the pen for left-handers issue.   Apparently it can be a real issue for left-handers.  Remember, English is written from left to right, and that can see left-handed people dragging their hand through the just-written text and smudging the ink, depending on the position they hold their hand in when writing, and it can vary for lefties.  Some push the pen across the page, but others curl their hand around so they drag the pen across, like right-handers.  Even if they don't drag their hand through the just-applied ink, they might hold their hand in a position that does not work well with certain types of nib, so they need to ensure they get the right nib.  This is primarily an issue with fountain pens, but can also be an issue with some ball-point pens.  I wouldn't be surprised if "Normal Bill" likes to use fountain pens. https://www.nibs.com/content/left-handed-writers
Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: June 07, 2017, 09:55:01 PM »

Her dizzy comments have led many to wonder just how bright the future Queen Consort is.  During a viewing of her wedding dress at Buckingham Palace with the Queen, the Duchess with the Art History degree asked if the antique Fabergé eggs were still being made.  In addition to admitting she doesn’t know how to make a cup of tea, she has proven she can’t even string together a coherent tea-related question, inquiring during an appearance at Fortnum & Mason: “And can it… can you… um… test the… the smell by smelling it?”   When shopping for a birthday gift for her husband this year, Kate also appeared thwarted by the concept of pens being cylindrical, telling a store clerk she was looking for “a really beautiful pen for a man who is left-handed”.    Crazy

I thought I had heard all of her dumb remarks, but a pen for a man who is left-handed? If there was an emoji for my hand smacking my forehead i would put it here.  How did this woman make it through school? How has she made it into her 30's? My 11 year old is more intelligent than her, heck, I know 3 year olds who are brighter.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm actually going to have to defend Kate on the pen for left-handers issue.   Apparently it can be a real issue for left-handers.  Remember, English is written from left to right, and that can see left-handed people dragging their hand through the just-written text and smudging the ink, depending on the position they hold their hand in when writing, and it can vary for lefties.  Some push the pen across the page, but others curl their hand around so they drag the pen across, like right-handers.  Even if they don't drag their hand through the just-applied ink, they might hold their hand in a position that does not work well with certain types of nib, so they need to ensure they get the right nib.  This is primarily an issue with fountain pens, but can also be an issue with some ball-point pens.  I wouldn't be surprised if "Normal Bill" likes to use fountain pens. https://www.nibs.com/content/left-handed-writers
Quite right, I immediately assumed it was a nib type request also.

Still, she says dumb things so often...it is tough to give her the benefit of the doubt Tongue
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: June 07, 2017, 10:31:55 PM »

Exactly. Kate was right and the store clerk was the dumb one in this. There are a lot of stupid or downright horrible things she says but the fountain pen for left-handed wasn't one of it.
KimmySue

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: June 08, 2017, 03:30:40 AM »

We have something like this  Wink

Dash2

Thanks, Coya! I will have to remember that one!  Star

Margaret  Star I never thought about a fountain pen. That makes more sense. But in my defense, she has set the precedence for saying dumb things, it was easy to believe the pen comment was just another clueless remark.  Smiley
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: June 08, 2017, 11:38:37 AM »

I'm a leftie and I'm struggling with a lot of things that are usually right handed, pen are one of them I had as a kid lot of pens especially made in order to learn write properly and be more comfortable , but still I'm getting dirty from the ink every time ! Kate is dumb as it gets but not at this one ! Willis  curl his hand around if I can remember right that must be uncomfortable (personally I turn the page but each on its own)

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: June 08, 2017, 12:42:01 PM »

Apparently, its a thing: https://www.leftyslefthan...=24&show=9&page=1

https://www.leftyslefthan...=24&show=9&page=1

http://www.anythingleftha...alog/pens_cartridges.html
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1283 on: June 08, 2017, 03:34:49 PM »

It's good to see there are so many pens and nibs that are specifically designed for left-handers.  It must  be a big help.   

Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #1284 on: June 10, 2017, 09:25:02 PM »

Wow. Id love to try out one of those. Never heard of a pen just for left handed people

Keen!
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1285 on: June 10, 2017, 09:56:19 PM »

This thread should really be called "Waity trying to read other people's words as if she'd written them (but hadn't really prepared beforehand)."
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1286 on: March 20, 2019, 06:12:21 PM »

Some quotes from recent speeches:

Foundling Museam 19Mar2019:
Your work connects and celebrates two subjects that are deeply important to me: children, and art.

I have always believed in the power of art, not only to unlock that creativity, but also to bring us joy, and to inspire, challenge and positively change our lives.
Video: https://mobile.twitter.co...tatus/1108073416786173953

100 Women in Finance 13Feb2019:
I have often been asked why I have decided to focus my work on the early years. Having been lucky enough to meet some of our country’s amazing charities and organisations, tackling some of our hardest social challenges, I became acutely aware just how important the earliest years of our lives really are.

The root cause of some of our most challenging experiences in adulthood, such as poor mental and physical health, addiction, homelessness, crime and family breakdown, can so often be traced back to the very earliest years of someone’s life and often over generations.

The mentally healthy schools programme is the first of its kind and aims to help all children, all teachers in all primary schools across the UK.

Mental health in education conference 13Feb2019:
The evidence is clear the first few years of a child’s life are more pivotal for development and for future health and happiness than any other single moment in our lifetime.

As we have heard today, it is vital that we support teachers with their own wellbeing so that they can find the best level of care for all children, in their schools and communities in which they work.

I feel so passionately about working together and being here today has affirmed to me just how much already is being done, so thank you to all of you who are prioritising the importance of mental health and the importance of childhood development as a whole.
Video: https://mobile.twitter.co...thy-schools-conference%2F
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1287 on: March 20, 2019, 06:16:12 PM »

I honestly believe that she chose early years, because this is where her own children are currently at. I have no doubts, that as they grow, she will shift to schoolage and later on adolescent youngsters…
She seems only interested in things that have some relation to her - and perhaps this is fine, perhaps this is what makes her more relatable..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #1288 on: March 20, 2019, 10:13:18 PM »

Her cousin during the engagement said Kate only found things and people interesting if it had relations to her. When George was a baby she attended events dealing with babies. Now her kids are older, and she's a more experienced mother, it's about older kids and doing fun stuff with them. I think that's about right. She can only find an interest in it because it affects her somewhat and she  can benefit from it.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: March 21, 2019, 04:08:11 PM »

We can only hope she benefits from it. 
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: