Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate in a TIARA  (Read 124384 times)
Michelle0187

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »

she had the opportunity to look like royalty for once in her damn life and came up empty. I know she can't wear tiaras often because she relies so much on having her hair in her face and isn't so confident when it isn't. The two tiaras she has worn looked so much better on other royals but on her head it looks so much smaller and this one looks so bad. the glamour of the english royals wives are a thing of the past to be honest. In the 80's the royal wives wanted to take a different approach because there wasn't really anyone there to guide them. Now they are back to doing as they are told because of the mistakes the royals made in the past.
Harryite
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Albania Albania

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »

I agree she just doesn't look like a Princess ...

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2013, 12:23:22 PM »

I don't like the tiara and I don't mind if a royal chooses to wear their hair down.

However, IMo, Kate looks much better when she has an updo.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 01:43:31 PM »

I don't like the tiara and I don't mind if a royal chooses to wear their hair down.

She does look a bit older with a updo though(hate to say it  as I think certain events require an updo), and I think she knows it and avoids it for this reason(this is regarding the impact the hair has on her looking old and not the face Crap). Perhaps that is because with the weight loss she has lost some of the softness in her face and it now looks sharp and a bit masculine (sorry kate  Whistle ) and the flowing glossy long hair helps her not look as harsh. IMO.
sal98

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 04:07:59 PM »

She was cowering under that tiara. That's a frightened, deeply anxious look on her face. Why? Why couldn't she RISE TO THE OCCASION?

If Her Majesty was so kind as to lend you a tiara that once belonged to her mother and her sister, a deep, solemn message is implied there. It's a test. "I consider you one of us now. You are dear. I will remember my mother and my sister when you wear this. Wear it well." In other words, RISE TO THE OCCASION. SHOW GRATITUDE AND PRIVILEGE BY WEARING IT WITH CONFIDENCE. As soon as you see the Queen, curtsy in such a way that you are deeply honoured by her generous gesture. Make her proud that she lent it to you, that YOU DESERVE IT. It will form a quiet bond and understanding. These are ancient, medieval sentiments, but they are still practised in the court of Elizabeth II (even more so when the Queen Mum was still alive).

Likewise, when her father-in-law gifted her with that ruby and diamond necklace, Kate ruined it by covering it with her hair and by slouching. This is ingratitude. If you were Charles, would you be motivated to ever give her high jewellery again? No. So it all goes to Camilla. Or Harry's future wife. No more jewellery for Kate; plates from Zara Home will do.

The Queen herself said that Kate lacks polish. I agree with cleo12 -- it's just not in her, even if you sent her to finishing school. And I suspect that the reason she refuses to refine herself is because in her mind it's her tarty, low-class, doormat, undignified, bimbo self that snagged William in the first place -- and to go the other way is to lose William. The trouble is, as William grows into his role and exposes himself to more and more sophisticated, worldly types, he will inevitably become more sophisticated himself and will outgrow the stupid bubble he and Kate have made for each other since Uni. Right now the only thing that is keeping their marriage together is the Middleton family togetherness rah rah rah act that still seems to appeal to William....... until the day comes that it no longer does.  Secret

I don't think it was ever confirmed that Charles gave that piece to her. At the time, news outlets said it was a wedding gift from a friend.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 04:18:12 PM »

I agree -- she looks like a high school girl going to her prom.  I guess you can't change what a personality is.  Being a commoner is not the issue -- other royals have also been commoners, but look much better when they go out.  She is a bar girl who got lucky.  She will never be equal to the job of being Willie's consort.  It's not in her.  Her mother didn't send her to a finishing school because it wouldn't have made any difference.  She's a good time gal that Willie had fun with, but never should have married. 

Absolutely  Star  you have said what I have always thought.  Especially the last sentence: William should NEVER have married her.  I wonder if this has dawned on him yet?
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2013, 04:56:03 PM »

There are many photos of royal ladies wearing a similar hairstyle when wearing a tiara. (Mathilde, Rania, Madeline) come immediately to mind. Like Little Star I don't mind their hair being down.

The only time I don't like hair down with a tiara is when bangs are plastered against the tiara and forehead. Maxima did this once with the rose cut bandeau and it didn't look attractive.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2013, 05:46:13 PM »

i don't mind the hair down, what bothers me is the upper part of her hairdo, which imo covers the lower part of the beautiful tiara...  No
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2013, 06:42:37 PM »

Royal Photographer Mark Stewart verified the gown made by Alexander McQueen. It's similar to the McQueen dress worn for the Jubilee church service in 2012.

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »

Royal Photographer Mark Stewart verified the gown made by Alexander McQueen. It's similar to the McQueen dress worn for the Jubilee church service in 2012.

Good work PeDe.  Thumb up
Siebenbürgen

Mini Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2013, 07:06:13 PM »

She is finally wearing a tiara, and she's hiding the beautiful tiara in her hair..  Crazy
She needs a new stylist..
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2013, 07:17:08 PM »

Ugh, I know lace is the look right now - but I still think it doesn't look good on anybody - including the 80-year-old dowagers it's meant for.  Unless I was going to the funeral of a Spanish queen or infanta, I would lose the lace.
gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2013, 07:18:15 PM »

She needs to learn how to wear a tiara (with an up do), even mary could show her  Crap
I like her make up today, but I'm so irrationally disappointed about the tiara wearing Cry

oh QueenEM there's a lot of photoshop on her face.... look here where I made a post about her without photosho Nerves

Fogdancer, can you re-port the un-photoshopped ones here? I looked around in the other threads and couldn't find anything... thanks   Beer

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Harryite
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Albania Albania

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2013, 07:18:23 PM »

I agree she needs to fire her stylist and hairdresser  Roll Eyes ...

sleepyvalentina

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2013, 08:22:53 PM »

There are elegant ways to wear a tiara with your hair partially up, as Kate's is.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: