Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate in a TIARA  (Read 108285 times)
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2019, 11:46:46 PM »

The only thing I am wishing for when HM passes is that Cams and Kate dismantle the god awful Sapphire, Aquamarine, Burmese Ruby and possibly even the Oriental Circlet tiaras and have them updated into more modern, favorable pieces.  These tiaras are a travesty IMO and by re-working them, perhaps they could be re-introduced and shared among the main tiara wearers of the family.

YES, YES, YES for the first 3 but I like the history of the Oriental Circlet so maybe not that one.

The Aquamarines would be perfect as a Kokoshnik and I saw this on OOS as a redesign for the Sapphire.

This reminds me of the leutchenberg sapphire Queen Silvia wears, it would look gorgeous! I think as jewel tone clothes suit Kate jewel style tiaras would too? Such as an emerald? I do like the clk tiara but sometimes it washes her out a bit with all the pearls and diamonds. And judging by the last two royal weddings, there seems to be a fair few tiaras in the vault that could do with a good dusting down and outing! I'd love to see Sophie in a wowser tiara, I get she's lower down the pecking order, but if its to be believed she's a favourite of the queen, why doesn't she let her have a bit more choice!! But tbh I think I've been spoiled by the splendours of the Swedish royal family when it comes to tiaras!
I'd love some modernisation of the more recent tiaras, and I hope that in time that will happen.
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: June 05, 2019, 12:54:57 AM »

There are always a few tiaras that are reserved for the Queen.  It's the same in Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Norway, etc.  The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara is one of HM's favorites and she wears it a majority of the time.  I don't think she should lend out any tiaras that she currently and actively wears.  IMVHO, there should be a hierarchy in tiaras and certain tiaras are associated with certain positions in a royal court.  I believe that Britain is an excellent example.  I have no desire to see HM wear a tiara at an event and then see Kate/Sophie/Anne/Camilla in the same tiara at a following event. Just as I would never expect to see Kate in the Dehli Durbar or Honeycomb tiaras until she moves up the hierarchy.  In the same vein, I don't want to see Vic in the Leuchtenberg Sapphire until she is Queen and I don't ever want to see Sofia or Madeline in the Baden Fringe.

I have no problem with the tiaras that each member of the family currently have with the exception of Sophie; unless it's by her own choice that she has those go awful aquamarine tiaras.  The British jewel vault is vast and that is not even counting what is owned by other members of the extended family.  Kate has actually been loaned more tiaras than befits her current position; she has three tiaras to her name but seems to prefer the CLK. 

I honestly canít see Camilla moving on from her two tiaras, they suit her so well and I canít imagine Kate in them. Considering her MIL really only had one tiara (the Lovers Knot), Kate has done quite well, given she didnít have a family tiara to wear for her wedding. It will certainly be interesting to see where the jewels ďfallĒ when QEII passes. I would like to see Sophie with a better option, but then again, what she has seems quite suitable for her position.

Camilla really only wears the Honeycomb tiara; as far as I know, she has only worn the Dehli Durbar once.  I can definitely see her wearing the Vladimir and the Kokoshnik tiaras, though, I don't think Cams is  about any of the coloured stone tiaras.

The only thing I am wishing for when HM passes is that Cams and Kate dismantle the god awful Sapphire, Aquamarine, Burmese Ruby and possibly even the Oriental Circlet tiaras and have them updated into more modern, favorable pieces.  These tiaras are a travesty IMO and by re-working them, perhaps they could be re-introduced and shared among the main tiara wearers of the family.

Leave the Oriental Circlet alone, unless you want to put the opals back in it.  Recreate the Burmese Ruby into this one:
http://orderofsplendor.bl...m-of-hyderabad-tiara.html

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: June 05, 2019, 01:02:47 AM »

To be fair, Diana alternated the CLK with her own family tiara, so she had two to chose, like Kate currently, as I believe the Halo Scroll is still on tour? (And even if it was not, it's one of the smallest and ugliest HM has on offer, with those very visible sectioning it has in the base).

I would have loved to see Kate yesterday with Queen Mary's Sapphire bandeau, it would have been the perfect match to   QEQM's earrings - and the last wearer was Princess Margaret, so it has been hidden in the vault for decades.
There are a lot of smaller (and some bigger, like the Teck crescent which is rumoured to be in Camilas hands) options available which have not been worn for 40+ years, and, as we have seen with Eug's Emerald sparkler, there are obviously even more no outsider has even an idea of.

So even if HM insists in solely wearing her "own" 10 or 12 most preferred items, she could make more loans if she would like to.

We will probably have to wait. I wonder what Camilla will choose to wear, and which jewels, including necklaces and earrings, she will lend out when the time comes.
thecrownjewelthief

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: June 05, 2019, 01:17:11 AM »

There are always a few tiaras that are reserved for the Queen.  It's the same in Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Norway, etc.  The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara is one of HM's favorites and she wears it a majority of the time.  I don't think she should lend out any tiaras that she currently and actively wears.  IMVHO, there should be a hierarchy in tiaras and certain tiaras are associated with certain positions in a royal court.  I believe that Britain is an excellent example.  I have no desire to see HM wear a tiara at an event and then see Kate/Sophie/Anne/Camilla in the same tiara at a following event. Just as I would never expect to see Kate in the Dehli Durbar or Honeycomb tiaras until she moves up the hierarchy.  In the same vein, I don't want to see Vic in the Leuchtenberg Sapphire until she is Queen and I don't ever want to see Sofia or Madeline in the Baden Fringe.

I have no problem with the tiaras that each member of the family currently have with the exception of Sophie; unless it's by her own choice that she has those go awful aquamarine tiaras.  The British jewel vault is vast and that is not even counting what is owned by other members of the extended family.  Kate has actually been loaned more tiaras than befits her current position; she has three tiaras to her name but seems to prefer the CLK. 

I honestly canít see Camilla moving on from her two tiaras, they suit her so well and I canít imagine Kate in them. Considering her MIL really only had one tiara (the Lovers Knot), Kate has done quite well, given she didnít have a family tiara to wear for her wedding. It will certainly be interesting to see where the jewels ďfallĒ when QEII passes. I would like to see Sophie with a better option, but then again, what she has seems quite suitable for her position.

Camilla really only wears the Honeycomb tiara; as far as I know, she has only worn the Dehli Durbar once.  I can definitely see her wearing the Vladimir and the Kokoshnik tiaras, though, I don't think Cams is  about any of the coloured stone tiaras.

Leave the Oriental Circlet alone, unless you want to put the opals back in it.  Recreate the Burmese Ruby into this one:
http://orderofsplendor.bl...m-of-hyderabad-tiara.html

I love the Nizam of Hyderabad. It is a crime against tiaras and good taste that it was dismantled to build that monstrosity.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: June 05, 2019, 02:35:25 AM »

I can't see Kate showing an interest in jewelry, history, provenance, or changing any of it at all. She's not creative or interesting. She'll just let stuff languish in the vaults, and William has made it clear under his reign there will be no pomp and circumstance because he hates it so much.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: