Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Article from 1964-Frederika and Ingrid pushed Constantine and AM to marry  (Read 10646 times)
seriously

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 07:36:12 AM »

I may be making it up, but I think Benedikte met Richard and they fell in love but had to wait to marry him until Margrethe got married - thus some speculating that Marge and Henri was an arranged couple. AM was allowed to marry early because he was a proper royal Whistle

I have a hard time believing Henrik and Daisy were an arranged couple. If someone was going to go through the trouble of arranging a marriage for a future queen, I think they would have picked someone more high-born than a French nobleman. Plus, have you seen the looks those two were giving each other in their early photos together? No way!
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 04:34:03 PM »

My mother has always said that the Swedish royal family tried to set up Desirée, the older sister of Carl Gustaf, with Constantine, but that didn't happen. She read all the royal magazines in her youth so she should be well informed.

She also said that Ingrid and Frederik were very much against the marriage between AM and Constantine. They thought she was far too young and knew how unstable it was in Greece.
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 12:20:49 PM »

I may be making it up, but I think Benedikte met Richard and they fell in love but had to wait to marry him until Margrethe got married - thus some speculating that Marge and Henri was an arranged couple. AM was allowed to marry early because he was a proper royal Whistle

I have a hard time believing Henrik and Daisy were an arranged couple. If someone was going to go through the trouble of arranging a marriage for a future queen, I think they would have picked someone more high-born than a French nobleman. Plus, have you seen the looks those two were giving each other in their early photos together? No way!

Agreed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: