Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 92   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas at Sandringham  (Read 332779 times)
Sops2

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1320 on: December 26, 2019, 12:38:13 PM »

Bea and Eugenie walk the mile to church and the Daily  Mail's article headline is "Fatherless Christmas"
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1321 on: December 26, 2019, 12:49:57 PM »

Bea and Eugenie walk the mile to church and the Daily  Mail's article headline is "Fatherless Christmas"

Considering news from other royal families, that's a tasteless headline. Andy is alive, well, at liberty and back at Sandringham with his feet up. E and B are NOT fatherless.

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1322 on: December 26, 2019, 12:53:24 PM »

Stupid tasteless headline. But the Daily Mail is publishing an article an hour, so they had to milk that. Luckily for the Yorks (and the other BRF) their son-in-laws and soon son-in-laws did not step out of the line ... no clinging or behaving unusual. At least Andrew got the message that it is good to stay undercover - same tactics they are using for Harry and Meghan. They might have hoped that Bea and her fiance would create some more headlines.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1323 on: December 26, 2019, 01:10:17 PM »

I have such a soft spot for Louise, Iíve seen quite a few people say things about her that are unkind (especially on that Gary Janetti Instagram page).
I think people forget that she is a child.
She may not be interested in fashion, I certainly wasnít then. She also may find these public appearances quite difficult.
Give her time, Iím sure sheíll find her style and way.

Part of her special charm is that she is still very innocent and "childish" in a very positive way. And she is very shy, clearly not enjoying her position or the limelight what makes her incredible likeable (compared to some posing in other royal families). The coat and the hairstyle was not that bad (look at the fascinators her cousins wore at the wedding - they were tasteless and she is a long way away from that  ). If someone should be blamed it is Sophie who did not get her own style right this year and who is somehow never 100% spot on when it comes to Louise's style despite having a good crasp what her own role involves. Sophie does not even seem to notice that the style could be slightly altered a bit. Louise, if you happen to read this - you are a very normal, down to earth girl (not easy in the environment you grew up) what makes you incredibly likeable.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1324 on: December 26, 2019, 01:18:17 PM »

I have such a soft spot for Louise, Iíve seen quite a few people say things about her that are unkind (especially on that Gary Janetti Instagram page).
I think people forget that she is a child.
She may not be interested in fashion, I certainly wasnít then. She also may find these public appearances quite difficult.
Give her time, Iím sure sheíll find her style and way.

Part of her special charm is that she is still very innocent and "childish" in a very positive way. And she is very shy, clearly not enjoying her position or the limelight what makes her incredible likeable (compared to some posing in other royal families). The coat and the hairstyle was not that bad (look at the fascinators her cousins wore at the wedding - they were tasteless and she is a long way away from that  ). If someone should be blamed it is Sophie who did not get her own style right this year and who is somehow never 100% spot on when it comes to Louise's style despite having a good crasp what her own role involves. Sophie does not even seem to notice that the style could be slightly altered a bit. Louise, if you happen to read this - you are a very normal, down to earth girl (not easy in the environment you grew up) what makes you incredibly likeable.

My sister and I were considered pretty children but we did not age well..her daughter was average as a child but is beautiful now ... good bone structure and lost the puppy fat and learned how to use makeup to her advantage... Louise has lots of time to work it all out
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1325 on: December 26, 2019, 03:53:34 PM »

Louise has more than enough time to become self aware and learn tricks on how to present herself. I feel for her. My awkward stage lasted long and one of my girls was early on interested in clothes and make up and hair and the other clueless and I loved that they were different and that they knew who they were. It is hard as a parent to learn where to push and pull as they are coming into their own self awareness. You let them guide you and your job is to put up bumpers at the outer boundaries. Louise will be fine she seems happy and well adjusted. Her schedule is hers.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1326 on: December 26, 2019, 03:57:15 PM »

More than anybody it is Kate who is impressing me the most. I love that she is coming into her own as a royal and there is no doubt that she is shining as a mother. It looks like their marriage is strong too and she might have more say than I gave her credit for before. The children are young for the walkabout but I think Kate and William handled it well and people who met the kids and got grumpiness know they are young and inexperienced. It is good practice and allows good conversations later with the larger family about people in wheelchairs and who dress and look different and how to say thank you and accept presents and show kindness.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1327 on: December 26, 2019, 06:02:41 PM »

Considering news from other royal families, that's a tasteless headline. Andy is alive, well, at liberty and back at Sandringham with his feet up. E and B are NOT fatherless.

It really is silly, considering we saw Andrew walking to church with Charles for the communion service.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1328 on: December 26, 2019, 06:53:11 PM »

I think this was the first year that Peter, Autumn and the girls have missed Christmas at Sandringham. I am wondering if they went to Canada or if possibly her family came to the UK for the holiday.

Anne was at Sandringham, but neither of her children. Zara and Mike spent last Christmas in Australia, and I presume they are spending this year with Mike's family, as they have done before.

I am wondering if it's because of Andrew that they skipped.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 07:04:45 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1329 on: December 26, 2019, 07:26:04 PM »

"fatherless christmas" is a super tacky title and an insult to those whom had lost a parent in a young age. Bea and Eug, thank God, have their father, he is alive and well. That was a very low point even for DM.

I loved that the kids where there, gradually their parents have to introduce them to the public life. In Sweden, Vic and Dan had done it perfectly with Estelle, not to mention the Spanish princesses. Will and Kate have many good examples, if they need ideas.

Night Blooming Jasmine

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1330 on: December 26, 2019, 09:40:52 PM »

I have a soft spot of Louise and see myself in her when I was that age, Louise is 16, and in the age of Instahos and the Kardashians, we forget how 16 is still a time of growth and innocence. She is a lovely young lady, a fresh faced, country girl who loves horses and the outdoors. I donít expect or want her to be a fashion plate. Plus most teens I know hate dressing up, especially in ďold-fashionedĒ duds like sheís expected to (even a tailored coat is old-fashioned to kids who want to wear tight jeans and cool boots). And if her hair is frizzy one day, big deal. She has her whole life ahead to dye, process, and treat the life out of it.

I was a late bloomer myself and didnít come into my looks until age 19 or 20, and didnít dress well until after college. Sure, I could have been put together better in my teens, but I was too busy with my studies and hobbies and personal development. Now, as an adult, Iím proud to say friends beg me for dress help, everyone wants to know where I get my clothes from, and Iíve worked hard to keep a slim figure. But at Louiseís age, I couldnít have cared less. I had glasses, braces, acne and frizzy hair. And the girls who were soooooo fashionable in high school, well, I see them around town and I pity they peaked so young, as it was all downhill from there.

I predict great things for Louise and I know sheíll bloom magnificiently when the time is right for her.

Very well said, NBJ. I appreciate your thoughtful posts. Star

Star from me too, NBJ. I too was so horrible dressed in my teens, I don't even want to think about it.

Of course Louise doesn't have it easy being part of the BRF, where what you wear is often much more important than what you do.

Awww, thank you KC and K! Canít help but feel protective of Louise!
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1331 on: December 26, 2019, 10:54:47 PM »

I like the fact that Jack is very happy. I like Princess Eugenie's bouquet.
duchesschicana

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1332 on: December 26, 2019, 11:10:33 PM »

Lovely pic of Beatrice
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1333 on: December 26, 2019, 11:34:33 PM »

I'd never thought I'd say this: But in these two pics Edo actually looks at Bea like a man in love (especially in the second one).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:39:34 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1334 on: December 27, 2019, 12:01:47 AM »

Louise reminds me a lot like Anne. Since Eugenie's wedding she's come across as a no-nonsense, dutiful person. She understands her role and does little to rock the boat. I believe that like her parents and paternal aunt, she could be a true asset to anything she associates herself with (I cant see her being an active member of the BRF as an adult). She seems to prefer, such as horses and carriage-riding, more interesting than clothes and make-up, which is refreshing and I commend her for. Social media and influence corrupts many a young mind, and it seems that Louise hasn't been: she is herself, not trying to be someone she is not. And that person seems to be a true home counties' country girl, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

As for all the people bullying her because of her appearance or dress-style is truly awful. She is still a child, still impressionable. Maybe she doesn't dress herself like the latest models and stars, but that doesn't mean to say that unkind words said about her do not reach or affect her. Long may she continue to be herself, and may she be allowed to develop into a woman in her own time, and in her own way. And as a spiteful note, I hope she gets the opportunity in years to come where she can stick her finger up to all those who shared mean comments criticising her.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 92   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: