Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas at Sandringham  (Read 332788 times)
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1335 on: December 27, 2019, 12:36:11 AM »

I think this was the first year that Peter, Autumn and the girls have missed Christmas at Sandringham. I am wondering if they went to Canada or if possibly her family came to the UK for the holiday.

Anne was at Sandringham, but neither of her children. Zara and Mike spent last Christmas in Australia, and I presume they are spending this year with Mike's family, as they have done before.

I am wondering if it's because of Andrew that they skipped.

Mike told some press that they weren't going to Sandringham because they were leaving for Australia on Boxing Day and didn't want to have to move the girls twice in about 48 hours.

queen b

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #1336 on: December 27, 2019, 02:39:33 AM »

More than anybody it is Kate who is impressing me the most. I love that she is coming into her own as a royal and there is no doubt that she is shining as a mother. It looks like their marriage is strong too and she might have more say than I gave her credit for before. The children are young for the walkabout but I think Kate and William handled it well and people who met the kids and got grumpiness know they are young and inexperienced. It is good practice and allows good conversations later with the larger family about people in wheelchairs and who dress and look different and how to say thank you and accept presents and show kindness.
With Carole for a mother, Kate should learn how to teach her children how to behave properly with people.  I will never forget the look on Carole's face that time when Charlotte stuck out her tongue at the crowd during the King's Cup regatta.  While Kate laughed, Carole winced.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1337 on: December 27, 2019, 04:02:38 AM »

More than anybody it is Kate who is impressing me the most. I love that she is coming into her own as a royal and there is no doubt that she is shining as a mother. It looks like their marriage is strong too and she might have more say than I gave her credit for before. The children are young for the walkabout but I think Kate and William handled it well and people who met the kids and got grumpiness know they are young and inexperienced. It is good practice and allows good conversations later with the larger family about people in wheelchairs and who dress and look different and how to say thank you and accept presents and show kindness.
With Carole for a mother, Kate should learn how to teach her children how to behave properly with people.  I will never forget the look on Carole's face that time when Charlotte stuck out her tongue at the crowd during the King's Cup regatta.  While Kate laughed, Carole winced.

Blink She's 4, give the kid a break. She was making a face at someone she knew. Yesterday she did nothing but perhaps look a little tentative on her first public walk to church. I don't see any problem at all with her behavior. None.
KimmySue

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1338 on: December 27, 2019, 04:06:27 AM »

Louise reminds me a lot like Anne. Since Eugenie's wedding she's come across as a no-nonsense, dutiful person. She understands her role and does little to rock the boat. I believe that like her parents and paternal aunt, she could be a true asset to anything she associates herself with (I cant see her being an active member of the BRF as an adult). She seems to prefer, such as horses and carriage-riding, more interesting than clothes and make-up, which is refreshing and I commend her for. Social media and influence corrupts many a young mind, and it seems that Louise hasn't been: she is herself, not trying to be someone she is not. And that person seems to be a true home counties' country girl, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

As for all the people bullying her because of her appearance or dress-style is truly awful. She is still a child, still impressionable. Maybe she doesn't dress herself like the latest models and stars, but that doesn't mean to say that unkind words said about her do not reach or affect her. Long may she continue to be herself, and may she be allowed to develop into a woman in her own time, and in her own way. And as a spiteful note, I hope she gets the opportunity in years to come where she can stick her finger up to all those who shared mean comments criticising her.

Star
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1339 on: December 27, 2019, 04:11:34 AM »

Blink She's 4, give the kid a break. She was making a face at someone she knew. Yesterday she did nothing but perhaps look a little tentative on her first public walk to church. I don't see any problem at all with her behavior. None.

Star Me neither KC.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1340 on: December 27, 2019, 04:15:55 AM »

I think I read somewhere that Charlotte was sticking her tongue out at Grand Pa Mike Middleton.
KimmySue

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1341 on: December 27, 2019, 04:19:27 AM »

I think I read somewhere that Charlotte was sticking her tongue out at Grand Pa Mike Middleton.

I don't remember if it was him, but I do remember it was someone she knew and I thought I read they stuck their tongue out at her. I really don't think Kate is the type to laugh if she had done it to a stranger.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #1342 on: December 27, 2019, 04:23:16 AM »

I don't remember if it was him, but I do remember it was someone she knew and I thought I read they stuck their tongue out at her. I really don't think Kate is the type to laugh if she had done it to a stranger.

I donít know why this ever became a thing. This little girl has behaved impeccably at every public event weíve seen her at since she was 2.

Thatís not even a minor miracle...itís a huge one.

casie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1343 on: December 27, 2019, 04:35:08 AM »

I thought Charlotte did great.  Kid's a natural.  George didn't seem to want to participate as much, and his parents didn't make him.  Well done by everyone, I thought.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1344 on: December 27, 2019, 05:38:51 AM »

Louise has more than enough time to become self aware and learn tricks on how to present herself. I feel for her. My awkward stage lasted long and one of my girls was early on interested in clothes and make up and hair and the other clueless and I loved that they were different and that they knew who they were. It is hard as a parent to learn where to push and pull as they are coming into their own self awareness. You let them guide you and your job is to put up bumpers at the outer boundaries. Louise will be fine she seems happy and well adjusted. Her schedule is hers.

For the Christmas gathering this year my brother put together a slide show of Christmas through the years of the immediate family. OMG. There is time period in every sibling's Christmas photos that are just horrid. Grumpy face, clothes look ug, hair looks crazy, posture is slouching but only in the 'formal' pictures that had to have all family members. Candid photos playing cards and games - you wouldn't think it was the same person on the same day - but there were no adults in the photos (nor at the table playing games that I recall). Adolescence is such a metamorphosis with good days, bad days and eh days and it is a wonder to watch over time. Some of the photos of Louise remind me of that time in my life and she seems to be weathering it well. And, she always has a sparkle in her eyes. Sweet.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1345 on: December 27, 2019, 04:01:59 PM »

I adore Charlotte, I thought she was precious  Do we know if she got her pony from Santa?

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1346 on: December 27, 2019, 04:39:44 PM »

Love Kate's outfit, the children behaved impeccable, everybody was selling the happy family image.
As to Louise: I have 3 fairies at home , 2 at the same age as Louise and whattowear or rather whatnottowear is a daily discussion with them. I think Louise looked lovely. Her hair is naturally neither straight nor wavy, and most likely turned this frizzy about half way to church, because it was freshly washed and simply blow dried. I think there is no need whatsoever to expect a young girl like her to have professionally blow-dried hair or expertly done curls.
I think in this day of insta-filters and photoshops we totally forget what most people naturally look like.
Considering her fashion choices: I think she was fine and I sincerely hope, that she either liked her outfit fine or changed into her jeans and sweater back at home...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1347 on: December 27, 2019, 05:28:57 PM »

Of all the ages in life, adolescence is the one I would least like to relive.

Louise is fine. She was neatly dressed, her hair was as tidy as wavy hair can be. She looked happy, not glum, defiant or sneering, and believe you me at that age those are all possibilities. She is becoming a lovely young lady who will in turn grow into lovely young woman. While not being as horse mad as her grandmother and Aunt Anne, I think she has interests and scope beyond her clothes and hair.

In the next year or so I would not be surprised to see her taking charge of her young cousins on the walk to and from church.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1348 on: December 27, 2019, 06:04:08 PM »

Charlotte.   

She was so focused singularly on getting it done right.

Don't think Kate curtseyed.   Shocked
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1349 on: December 27, 2019, 06:09:31 PM »

Charlotte.   

She was so focused singularly on getting it done right.

Don't think Kate curtseyed.   Shocked

I think Kate did what I would characterize as her usual bob. She bobbed up and down. Charlotte appears to do a slight bob and then goes into a deeper curtsey. I'm putting the curtsey down to Maria - not that I think Kate and Will are deficient as parents, it's just something I could see Maria teaching her. Plus, does Charlotte not have ballet/dance lessons at school? That could be part of it.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: