Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas at Sandringham  (Read 332780 times)
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: December 27, 2019, 06:55:20 PM »

Charlotte.  

She was so focused singularly on getting it done right.

Don't think Kate curtseyed.   Shocked

I think Kate did what I would characterize as her usual bob. She bobbed up and down. Charlotte appears to do a slight bob and then goes into a deeper curtsey. I'm putting the curtsey down to Maria - not that I think Kate and Will are deficient as parents, it's just something I could see Maria teaching her. Plus, does Charlotte not have ballet/dance lessons at school? That could be part of it.

Charlotte did her curtsey in the same time as climbing down a step. It looks as itís a deep curtsey.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:11:51 PM by Ghost » Logged
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: December 27, 2019, 08:27:23 PM »

One thing Iíve wondered is that they give silly, tacky gifts to each other for Christmas. Doesnít that seem wasteful, unless the Queen does keep her shower cap from Harry saying Ďisnít life a b****í and Charles keeps his white leather toilet seat?
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: December 27, 2019, 08:29:15 PM »

I was sorry not to see any pictures of Lady Sarah Chatto - I think she was there and I'm always glad to see her friendly, gentle face.

Kate and William are doing a stellar job with their children. I don't think it's possible for young children to behave any better than they did. Their parents give them lots of love and attention, you can see a deep and real bond. You can't fake that bond.

Everybody looked lovely, especially the young ones. Louise is such a precious girl, and Charlotte is wonderful.

The whole church thing went better than expected, it was probably a good idea to send Andrew in the morning but it would have been even better if he had walked alone. What a stain on his family.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: December 27, 2019, 10:30:19 PM »

Princess Charlotte did a very sweet curtsey.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: December 27, 2019, 11:08:12 PM »

Louise reminds me a lot like Anne. Since Eugenie's wedding she's come across as a no-nonsense, dutiful person. She understands her role and does little to rock the boat. I believe that like her parents and paternal aunt, she could be a true asset to anything she associates herself with (I cant see her being an active member of the BRF as an adult). She seems to prefer, such as horses and carriage-riding, more interesting than clothes and make-up, which is refreshing and I commend her for. Social media and influence corrupts many a young mind, and it seems that Louise hasn't been: she is herself, not trying to be someone she is not. And that person seems to be a true home counties' country girl, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

As for all the people bullying her because of her appearance or dress-style is truly awful. She is still a child, still impressionable. Maybe she doesn't dress herself like the latest models and stars, but that doesn't mean to say that unkind words said about her do not reach or affect her. Long may she continue to be herself, and may she be allowed to develop into a woman in her own time, and in her own way. And as a spiteful note, I hope she gets the opportunity in years to come where she can stick her finger up to all those who shared mean comments criticising her.

ITA about Louise coming after Anne. Which is btw not the baddest thing. This family could need more real workers.

Don't see anything wrong with her not wanting to be a fashion model.
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: December 27, 2019, 11:52:52 PM »

Kate did curtsy, before Charlotte started her own curtsy.

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: December 28, 2019, 04:14:47 AM »

Louise is becoming a lovely young lady! She is one of my favorites.
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #1357 on: December 28, 2019, 05:23:14 AM »

One thing Iíve wondered is that they give silly, tacky gifts to each other for Christmas. Doesnít that seem wasteful, unless the Queen does keep her shower cap from Harry saying Ďisnít life a b****í and Charles keeps his white leather toilet seat?

But what do you give to someone who can buy whatever they want, whenever they want? I see why they don't want to pass on 'traditional' activities like gift-giving, and also why they feel like it's useless to go for  traditional gifts.
My tastes are very different to those close enough to give me gifts for my birthday so they don't feel comfortable giving me the go-to gifts they always buy (clothes, shoes, jewelry, books). I mostly get money as I never have something I need/want whenever they ask about what the gift should be (I either buy what I want or it's expensive, so it would not be reasonable to ask). But, there is this friend that always go for gag gifts. The feeling of laughing for 15 non-stop is great, it puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day. Whenever I see the gifts I associate them with the memories they come attached more that with the actual value/usefulness,  so they have a honor place at home or the office.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: December 28, 2019, 10:20:55 AM »

Rich people have -at times- a very weird sense of humour. I worked in a five star hotel for a while and got in contact with a lot rich people there - some very nice, some very arrogant. They are also kind of forced into a set of behaviour at times.

My husband works in a restaurant and he had a group of 20 people in (well known local firm) exchanging "crappy Christmas gifts" and having great fun with it - ugly ties, mad Christmas jumpers, cheap drink ... at the end of the night they just left it there (no tips, but that was another story). In times of being environmentally friendly and considering the amout of money they spend on the "joke" they could have rather invested in some donation to charity, but it was their idea to be distinctive and to have fun ... (the staff sorted the things that were just dumped there at the end of the night and partly used it and gave it to other people so it was not wasted). I can't see the secretary in that firm voluntarily spend 20Ä on a Christmas jumper for fun and to leave it behind because that is more than her hourly wage. So it was a lot of "peer pressure".
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: December 29, 2019, 07:32:19 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co....-service-Sandringham.html

Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1360 on: December 29, 2019, 08:00:03 PM »

Sigh. Sophie, girl, lose that style of hat. Louise looks nice, is that a new coat or one of Sophie's? Anne looks smart.

It appears the DoY has left or was purposely told to stay home . . .

Cams must be off, as usual, having Christmas with her children. Wonder how that will play out when Charles is King? Will they be invited to spend Christmas with the royal family? Perhaps they won't want to.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: December 29, 2019, 10:34:47 PM »

Sigh. Sophie, girl, lose that style of hat. Louise looks nice, is that a new coat or one of Sophie's? Anne looks smart.

Cams must be off, as usual, having Christmas with her children. Wonder how that will play out when Charles is King? Will they be invited to spend Christmas with the royal family? Perhaps they won't want to.

Anne looks very smart today!

When Charles is King?  I see no reason why the children of the Queen Consort, whatever she is formally known as, would not be invited to join their mother and their step father for Christmas dinner, and I think they would go - at least once.  I think they would all want to be part of at least one royal Christmas meal even if they don't want to do it more than once.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1362 on: December 29, 2019, 11:01:39 PM »

Louise looks lovely, the braid is perfect for her, super cute. I actually like Soph's hat. Secret In fact, everyone looks good. This was a pleasant outing without the troublesome elements of the family being present. Quite refreshing after all the drama.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: December 29, 2019, 11:07:17 PM »

The Yorks usually leave after the Christmas Message to go to Sarah - just as Camilla leaves to go to her children and grandchildren.

What is unusual is that Charles is still there as he normally has gone to Scotland by now, where he stays for New Year and all of January. Camilla normally joins him there for New Year.

Normally the Wessex's stay until the kids have to go back to school. Anne and Tim stay through New Year and after that there are no royals there other than The Queen and Philip. They then invite extended family - from the Queen Mum's side and Philip's family to join them.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1364 on: December 30, 2019, 12:08:13 AM »

Beer

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: