Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Alexandra - back to work and fighting fit?  (Read 47651 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2019, 05:05:28 PM »

^^^ If they keep on the current trajectory, I reckon they'll all be out of a job within 20 years, if they make it that long.

The days of noblesse oblige are numbered

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2019, 10:53:31 PM »

Star For you, Oh_Caroline

It's also important to talk about engagements and patronages. Alexandra did 68 engagements last year but is patron of more than 100 charities. They are still struggling to divy up the DoE's patronages and start passing on some of the queen's. How will they deal with the hundreds that sit under the Kents and the Gloucesters. If indeed, they do. If they decide to strip it back to the young royals' core interests, then you face hundreds of charities losing any royal patronage at very short notice.

Now there is an argument about the benefit of royal patronage to charities, but it does imbue them with credibility in the eyes of fundraisers and can help raise their profile. Also, one of the unspoken justifications for the BRF is that they are essentially very wealthy charity workers. They turn up, cut a ribbon, unveil a plaque, and in return get their rent paid.

The younger royals seem to prefer a more 'Blue Peter' style engagement where they throw wellies, make cakes, go rowing, watch galas, pt ogs. This is all lovely but is much more about promoting themselves and their personal interests rather than the more traditional quiet toil in support of local good causes.

The next few years could see a massive change in the relationship between the royals and the charitable sector...

[bbm] - excellent point, Future Crayon  Star and to me, engagements that require them to take part in any kind  of zany goofiness seem to be better suited to those under about 21.

Dignity and all that...

Always an admirer of Princess Alexandra Smiley
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2019, 05:43:15 PM »

January 30

Princess Alexandra visited @SunburyGallery, where HRH viewed artwork and heard about plans to expand the gallery.
The Princess met embroiderers and employees in the gallery and volunteers in the Walled Garden.

@SunburyGallery is home to Sunbury Millennium Embroidery, which celebrates the area in the year 2000. The piece took 200 people five years to sew – over 100,000 hours of work. The Queen viewed the same embroidery in 2001.

The gallery celebrates the local community and includes work from more than 140 local embroiders, aged 8-80. Princess Alexandra signed the visitors book before departing.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2019, 07:41:04 PM »

karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2019, 08:39:54 PM »

Wonderful to see Alexandra in action, and I love this patronage! She is still a remarkably beautiful woman, one of my favorite royals.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2019, 05:40:17 AM »

Is it true she has an affair with Prince Philip?
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2019, 07:58:35 AM »

It's quite possible, there's a photo floating around of QEII staring at Philip and Alexandra who were sitting together while she made a speech. His name has been linked with so many ladies, he definitely got around in his day. I think Elizabeth put up with a lot from him, maybe that's where her habit of looking the other way at the indiscretions of her family (ostrich-ing).
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2019, 05:46:33 PM »

Harpers & Queen once did an article on Philip and his female "besties."  Alexandra was included, as was the late duchess of Abercord, Helene Cordet and the current Lady Mountbatten.  The article did not specifically call them girlfriends, but they did make the distinction  that he grew up the only boy in a family with lots of girls.  They did another article a year or so later on the queen's male besties, including Constantine II of Greece and various horse-racing buddies.  Who knows?
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2019, 07:08:31 PM »

It's quite possible, there's a photo floating around of QEII staring at Philip and Alexandra who were sitting together while she made a speech. His name has been linked with so many ladies, he definitely got around in his day. I think Elizabeth put up with a lot from him, maybe that's where her habit of looking the other way at the indiscretions of her family (ostrich-ing).

Also, young Princess Alexandra was quite the looker

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2019, 01:01:42 PM »

Alexandra visited the Central School of Speech and Drama to open their new North Block building

Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2019, 04:38:49 PM »

Princess Alexandra was listed as being in the same carriage as the York princesses on Day 1 of Royal Ascot, yet she didn't show.  Did anyone see a photo of her at all yesterday?  Maybe she arrived later or separately...
Jonathan

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2019, 05:06:54 PM »

I think there is one on the Ascot thread. I saw her on TV last night. Maybe she couldn't make the carriage.

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: