Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countess Anne Dorte Rosenborg passed away in Gentofte Hospital.  (Read 13285 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2014, 12:04:43 AM »

On Thursday Countess Anne Dorte fell asleep in Gentofte Hospital. She was 66.

Countess Anne Dorte three daughters all sat with her before she passed on Thursday night.

- We stayed with our mother and kissed her goodbye, said Camilla af Rosenborg, 41, who along with his twin sister Josephine and her younger sister, Feodora of 38, probably knew what was coming, but still hoped that their mother yet once would win the battle against death. But this time joined forces did not help.

- In the end, mom wanted to die, says Camilla of Rosenborg, who, like her sisters have supported Anne Dorte the last difficult months when she became more and more weakened by her cancer.

That she even managed to move on after her beloved husband, Count Christian of Rosenborg's death in May last year, represents the three daughters as " wonderfully impressive."

A painful goodbye

The last hours at Gentofte Hospital were obviously a painful goodbye to Camilla, Josephine and Feodora, but later they got the support of their husbands and children. Countess Anne Dorte loved her seven grandchildren, and it was also very important for those aged 5 to 15, to say a last goodbye to their grandmother. Although it was difficult tremendously to hold back the tears.

Anne Dorte's sister, Princess Elisabeth, was also in the hospital, like a handful of Anne Dorte and Christians close friends for many years.

Friday said the immediate family the very last goodbye to their beloved mother, mother in law and grandmother in the chapel, after which they together went home to Sorgenfri to support each other and plan the funeral. It takes place on Thursday 9 January, from the church in Lyngby, which also counts Christian burial took place

Countess Anne Dorte's urn will be set up in the cemetery beside her husband.

How very, very sad. What a hard time for the family. Nothing on the DRF calendar yet, re attending the funeral.

I guess Daisy, Dame and perhaps Marie will attend again, like with Count Christian, since Yrma will be in preparation to leave for Myanmar.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 12:09:43 AM »

Sad. That's much too young to die.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 12:10:37 AM »

Not a great start for the new year for them, but Camilla sounded positive and seemed relived that her mother is now out of her suffering. Cancer is a awful disease. RIP.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:24:29 AM »

I guess Daisy, Dame and perhaps Marie will attend again, like with Count Christian, since Yrma will be in preparation to leave for Myanmar.
I have a feeling Bene might be there as well.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 12:28:58 AM »

True! Because the Dame is hosting a hunting trip that morning.

So perhaps it's just Daisy & Bene (and perhaps Marie)

Helena

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 06:09:04 AM »

There is an interesting page (in English) culled from interviews with the Countess from her 50th and 60th birthdays.

http://members3.boardhost...navia/msg/1388781896.html
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 10:25:03 AM »

This is so sad but I'm glad that she's no longer suffering.

I hope Tino and Anne Marie make it for her funeral, I'm still mad at them for missing Count Christian's funeral.
April

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 02:06:59 PM »

There is an interesting page (in English) culled from interviews with the Countess from her 50th and 60th birthdays.

http://members3.boardhost...navia/msg/1388781896.html

It is said that those clips are from the interviews she gave when she turned 50 and 60 years. What happened during those ten years that they no longer see each other?

"How often do you see the royal family?

We don’t pester each other with visits, but meet now and then, like cousins do. And then we meet at grand celebrations like the Queen’s jubilee, our silver wedding and various milestone birthdays."

"When Her Majestey the Queen comes on a private visit and we sit around the tea table, we use the informal “you”.

"Has Queen Margrethe ever had an informal meal in your kitchen?

No she hasn’t, but she has been here for dinner."

"How often do you see her?

We meet on various official occasions, but do not see each other privately."

"Do your daughters and their husbands see the Crown Prince couple and Prince Joachim?

They went to each other’s weddings and of course greet one another when they happen to meet. Other than that, no."

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 02:33:13 PM »

That sounds pretty normal to me, actually...

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 11:25:34 PM »

True! Because the Dame is hosting a hunting trip that morning.

So perhaps it's just Daisy & Bene (and perhaps Marie)
And Elisabeth, I assume.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 05:59:36 PM »

According to the DRF calendar, only Daisy & Dame will attend Anne Dorte's funeral.

No other family members mentioned  Sad

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 06:34:42 PM »

Look, it may just be me but if the cousin of one of my parents died I wouldn't attend their funeral either. I'd have no reason to be there. If my parents aren't close to their cousins, then why should I attend their funeral? I think it would be pretty impolite to show up where I had to business to be. Especially when we're talking funerals.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 06:58:34 PM »

I totally get what you are saying, Harls. And if it would happen to me, and the families wouldn't have a close relationship, I probably wouldn't go either.
But I think, it's expected from the DRF to make an appearance. Outwardly the DRF and the Rosenborgs had a courteous relationship; Christian and Anne-Dorte were invited along to many DRF events over the years (weddings, christenings, new years ball, ets).
However, they ever met in private, according to interviews. Count Christian was always loyal to Daisy & Dame, but he never let on that
they were best friends! Daisy, Bene and Marie attended CC funeral; they cannot not go to hers. Somebody has to show up to keep appearances.

In an excerpt from From the biography 'King Frederik, the sailor king', by Jon Bloch Skipper (2005) the family relationships are mentioned by Margrethe and Benedikte:

Margrethe - - "They (the brothers) were very different and there were several clashes, perhaps even more so than what's normal among siblings. I'm left with the impression that they didn't have an easy relationship."

Benedikte - - "They developed different interests and with those, different circles of friends. Traditionally, my father would invite the entire family for lunch on his birthday, among them my uncle (Knud), but apart from official events they never met in private."

Author adds - - "Adding to the tension was the fact that Prince Knud as the younger son got more attention from his mother, and he was never comfortable in his role as the 'spare'. The predicament of their relationship was never easy and it didn't improve over the years, quite on the contrary!"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:09:28 PM by PeDe » Logged

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 08:55:13 PM »

When is the funeral?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany