Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gone With the Wind  (Read 24227 times)
Curtains

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2021, 05:00:36 PM »

I’ll need to take a long pull at the novel again, but I do remember a reference in it regarding the name ‘Scarlett”.  It was a last name in her father’s family, and the character of Scarlett is in a bit of a rage and finally understands the hot-blooded fury that drove her Scarlett ancestors to do X or Y.  Given that her father’s last name is “O’Hara”, then the Scarletts might be the last name of Gerald O’Hara’s mother’s family.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2021, 07:51:12 PM »

I just finished a book on Doc Holiday.  It is thought Ashley Wilkes and Melanie were based on the scandal of Doc falling in love with his first cousin.  M. Mitchell had heard it told in her childhood and took that as the premise.  Alas, Doc was turned down and went west to cure his broken heart.  Don't know if I buy it but it's an interesting thought.   Beer

Mattie,  the cousin is in M, Mitchells family tree

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2021, 08:12:50 PM »

https://victoriawilcoxboo...-hollidays-family-affair/

https://www.exploregeorgi...-dorsey-fife-house-museum

Countess, here are some links you might enjoy! 
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2021, 10:40:08 PM »

How delightful !  Thank you so much Cordelia  Star  I did enjoy them.  I've never seen those photos, how cool

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2021, 11:45:31 PM »

Cordelia, The Holliday house with its tall columns reminds me of Tara in Gone With the Wind.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2021, 11:51:48 PM »

Cyril, the Holliday House is in Fayetteville, where Scarlett attended finishing school.  It's about 15 miles from Jonesboro, where Tara would have been located!  (And it's about 25 miles from Margaret Mitchell's house in Atlanta)

If you ever visit Georgia, you'd love all of the GWTW sites and inspirations!  Champagne

Countess, glad you like the pictures too...thanks for reminding me about that fascinating aspect to the story!  Beer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: