Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 286   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 931460 times)
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 05:01:36 PM »

Thanks for sharing the stories every body, I hope more stories are coming Smiley.

Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 09:23:41 PM »

An inspirational story.

'I'm not disabled' insists waitress born with feet facing backwards
http://www.dailymail.co.u...expand=true#StartComments

Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 10:33:36 PM »

Tweety, Donald Duck summoned to court

ROME - Tweety may get a chance to take the witness stand and sing like a canary. An Italian court ordered the animated bird, along with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and his girlfriend Daisy, to testify in a counterfeiting case.

In what lawyers believe was a clerical error worthy of a Looney Tunes cartoon, a court in Naples sent a summons to the characters ordering them to appear Friday in a trial in the southern Italian city, officials said.

The court summons cites Titti, Paperino, Paperina, Topolino — the Italian names for the characters — as damaged parties in the criminal trial of a Chinese man accused of counterfeiting products of Disney and Warner Bros.

Instead of naming only the companies and their legal representatives, clerks also wrote in the witness list the names of the cartoons that decorated the toys and gadgets the man had reproduced, said Fiorenza Sorotto, vice president of Disney Company Italia.

"Unfortunately they cannot show up, as they are residents of Disneyland," Sorotto joked in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It certainly pleased us that the characters were considered real, because that's what we try to do."

The Naples court will have to rewrite the summons, although this will probably delay the trial, said Disney lawyer Cristina Ravelli.

"Let's hope the characters will not be prosecuted for failing to appear," Ravelli quipped.

Calls seeking comment from Warner Bros. in Milan were not immediately returned. Phones at the Naples court were not answered Tuesday.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 10:42:26 PM »

An inspirational story.

'I'm not disabled' insists waitress born with feet facing backwards
http://www.dailymail.co.u...expand=true#StartComments
Weird, it doesn't seem her feet are backwards rather they are turned over so she walks on the top of her feet rather than the sole. Look at her hands they seem to have the same problem.
As one comment puts it: it must have been terribly painful to learn to walk like that.
it is a shame that just a mere 27 years ago, chinese Doctors weren't able to do something to help her.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 11:48:57 PM »

Big news in Denmark today - Santa Claus does not live in Greenland or Finland. A hot topic in Scandinavia obviously. Scientists in the Swedish company Sweco has calculated that if Santa has to deliver presents to children all around the world on his own during December 24th and 25th he has to live in mountains of Kirgisistan on the border to Kazakstan.

On a more private note - it turns out I know the wife of the editor of the Danish tabloid Se og hør. I am bit surprised by that. And sad - they are apparently divorcing and they have to very young children.
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 10:34:06 AM »

Big news in Denmark today - Santa Claus does not live in Greenland or Finland. A hot topic in Scandinavia obviously. Scientists in the Swedish company Sweco has calculated that if Santa has to deliver presents to children all around the world on his own during December 24th and 25th he has to live in mountains of Kirgisistan on the border to Kazakstan.
On a more private note - it turns out I know the wife of the editor of the Danish tabloid Se og hør. I am bit surprised by that. And sad - they are apparently divorcing and they have to very young children.
They must have forgotten Santa has instaled a turbo jet on his carriage, then he still can live in his hometown where ever it is

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 10:36:47 AM »

This is an old but interesting story  Wink

http://www.newyorker.com/...005/03/14/050314sh_shouts

Royal Wedding Day Schedule for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth

7:00 a.m. Arise and greet corgis. Tell them it’s a very special day: they’ll be trying new Iams Lamb & Wild Rice in Gravy.

7:30 a.m. Breakfast with Prince Philip. Remind him that, even if they offer him a Jaguar, Al Qaeda are not friends.

8:00 a.m. Pick Corgi of the Day. Comfort and encourage remaining corgis.

8:30 a.m. Phone Fergie. Get her to send Camilla Weight Watchers frozen lasagna as gag wedding gift.

9:00 a.m. Answer correspondence. Send Charles and Camilla a five-pound note as a wedding gift, with card reading, “So sorry can’t attend ceremony in person. Hope face on this will suffice.”

9:30 a.m. Gather corgis to watch TiVo of “Desperate Housewives.” Discuss how much more romantic show would be if all characters were corgis.

10:00 a.m. Open local hospital. If asked about Charles and Camilla, reply, “Are they here? Has there been an accident?”

10:30 a.m. Summon Andrew and Edward. Inspect hair loss. Close eyes and do “eeny, meeny, miney, mo” to get their hopes up.

11:00 a.m. Watch videotape of Charles’s wedding to Diana. Consider Disney’s request to turn ceremony into stage musical. Messenger DVD of “Shrek” to C. and C.

12:00 p.m. Lunch with corgis. Discuss Blair, Bush, Iraq—what do they think? Show them special surprise: photo mockup of U.N., with all delegates as corgis.

1:00 p.m. Phone Clint Eastwood; congratulate on Oscar. Suggest he next direct “Camilla,” inspirational love story à la “Bridges of Madison County.” Also suggest he play title role.

2:00 p.m. Dress up corgis as participants in low-key royal wedding. Use bits of sirloin to stimulate barking as vows. Videotape and send anonymously to BBC.

3:00 p.m. Nap. Dream of being Virgin Queen, or LaToya Jackson, anything with more dignity.

4:00 p.m. Awake. Ask secretary if C. and C. ceremony has concluded. Ask if Angelina Jolie was in attendance.

5:00 p.m. Call Charles on cell. Congratulate him, then make connection-breaking- up noises, so only words he hears are “king,” “never,” and “hee hee hee.”

6:00 p.m. Dinner with corgis. Tell them that C. and C. are now married, just like Britney. Serve tiny wedding cake made of liver. In honor of ceremony and late Queen Mum, let corgis have bourbon.

7:00 p.m. Watch “Lost.” Wonder if C. and C. will take plane on honeymoon.

8:00 p.m. Call Camilla, to interrupt wedding night. Ask if she has Prince Charles in a can. Hang up.

9:00 p.m. Read corgis “Cinderella” as bedtime story, but change all characters to corgis, so happy ending will be believable. Tell them only King Charles will be a spaniel.

10:00 p.m. Put on crown. Take Ambien.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 03:32:24 PM »

Interesting, Galuh!

Members of an elephant family may be out of sight but they are always in the minds of the herd’s matriarchs, reseachers have found.

Tests have found that female elephants are able to remember the whereabouts of at least 17 family members simultaneously and perhaps as many as 30. They can keep mental tabs on which of their relations are ahead of them when the herd searches for food, which of them are lagging behind and which are travelling in separate groups.

Professor Richard Byrne, of the University of St Andrews, said that the elephants performed an impressive feat of memory by being able to recall where each of their relatives was in a constantly changing environment. “It’s hard enough for us to keep track of two or three children in a busy shopping centre. Imagine trying to do it with 30 or so,” he said.
http://www.timesonline.co...cience/article3001086.ece

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
sj007

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 05:31:01 PM »

Gypsy Clans Feud Over Fortunetelling Biz:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/a...p_on_re_us/gypsy_turf_war

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. - A dispute between two Gypsy clans over control of the fortunetelling trade in this Southern California city has spilled into court, offering a rare glimpse of an insular culture that has long settled scores according to its own Old World rules of honor.

It's rare that you hear about Gypsy clans in US news ...

patricia07

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 05:38:55 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/L...coworkers.sick/index.html

My coworkers are making me sick

I hate it when this happens!!!  People coming in sick to work and then making others sick. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 08:59:18 PM »

The thing is that what makes you mildly sick, lets say a cold bug, that gives a runny nose and a mildly sore throat and lets you go to work perfectly, can make someone else with a weaker condition severely sick. Where do you draw the line? As much as I hated the germ bomb in my office, I also hated the co-worker who stayed home sick after a single sneeze or cough.
As a mother btw I would probably never show up at work anyway, since during  cold-season either one of my children is sick (same goes for preschools, now does it?  You have a cold you stay home) or I have something.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
mamaptak

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Mon Dieu! Attempted tiara theft by Bogan!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 09:39:35 PM »

Fairy - I can totally relate.  With both my children in daycare (and one spending half the day in junior kindergarten) I feel as though there is one long drawn out cold circulating through my house from November through to the start of May.  It can be rather depressing.  And while I agree that a sick co-worker is better at home than in the office making the rest of us sick, I also can't stand hypochondriac co-workers who need to go home the moment they feel a tickle in their throat. 
All that being said, I must say there is nothing more disgusting than a visibly sick employee serving me food in a restaurant!    Crap  I used to hate it when I would call in sick while working in the restaurant industry and my boss would give me a hard time.  I mean, come on, who wants me hacking and blowing my nose while I serve their ceasar salad???  No

Marissa - hands full with Zoe (Dec 7/03) and Markus (Feb 22/06)!
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 06:28:46 AM »

Very enlightening.  I never knew about this.

Don't Pinch the African King
http://www.time.com/time/...le/0,8599,1690781,00.html

Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 02:06:16 AM »

I think this guy spends too much time in Hollywood or NY.  I didn't know kids were sent to the spa.  I certainly wasn't.  But I do have to say, in beauty pageants, the American girls (actually most of the girls from the other countries) are more beautiful (outwardly) than the British.  But I respect how in British movies and tv shows, there is a spectrum of actors from all ages, sizes, and beauty.  It seems in America all we see are skinny young bimbos.  But I don't think this dude is that accurate.

Are British women fat and unkempt? This American man says so
http://www.dailymail.co.u...01296&in_page_id=1770

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 02:36:04 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/u...JG0v3MffHFkw42xD3Hnyt8c8F
Andy Borowitz on Hilary Clinton refusing to answer the Question "paper or plastic" in an IOWA supermarket (thus probably throwing the poor bagger into a state of trauma).
Also about Clintons cross dressing to throw off his wife and Chelsy Davies being pissed by Harrys Nazi costume...

Mary's life motto:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 286   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: