Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 286   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 931459 times)
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #4065 on: March 24, 2017, 08:22:45 PM »

Sad What a terrible series of nasty storms you are now going through Curtains.   Hug Life is so hard to endure at times, I pray for more peaceful and healthy days.  Hug

I'm sending positive vibes your way and I hope you and your family get all the support you need. 💕💕💕

LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #4066 on: March 24, 2017, 09:15:51 PM »

"The Most Influential Images of All Time"
EXPLORE THE STORIES BEHIND 100 IMAGES THAT CHANGED THE WORLD, SELECTED BY TIME AND AN INTERNATIONAL TEAM OF CURATORS

http://100photos.time.com/?xid=homepage

I can't believe they choose to put the Oscar selfie among these pics, but well...

Each pics has its own article, it's an interesting Time magazine document I think. Many of these photos are heartbreaking.  Sad

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4067 on: March 24, 2017, 09:43:50 PM »

Sad What a terrible series of nasty storms you are now going through Curtains.   Hug Life is so hard to endure at times, I pray for more peaceful and healthy days.  Hug

I'm sending positive vibes your way and I hope you and your family get all the support you need. 💕💕💕

Prayers from me too, Curtains. I am so, so sorry you are going through all this.
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4068 on: March 25, 2017, 04:09:30 AM »

Curtains, I  am SO sorry. I totally can feel your pain as I have had many similar familial things in the last few years. My BIL (beloved sister's husband) in not just bi-polar, refuses medication and drinks which really can start 'the party', but is also a congenital ass. My MIL died with massive dementia a little while ago. My dad is on the slippery slope now too.  The other day he was talking to me and had absolutely no recollection of 9/11. I am glad and very relieved that your lump was taken off with clean margins. Let me say that as far as your sister's 4B staging, a very dear friend who was 40 and a vegan marathoner was diagnosed at 4B colon cancer with mets to all the lymph nodes, both kidneys, both lungs and the liver. They gave her 3 months to live. It's now been almost 2 years and she just got married. Where do you live? Depending on your location, a really good hospital program can work wonders. My friend re located from VT to CA so that she could be treated at Scripps. Please know that every single person here is pulling for you and your family .
 XO
Stephanie
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4069 on: March 25, 2017, 04:22:37 AM »

So - an update my friends such bad news for me personally.

The good:
That growth on my head was cancer but WAS completely encapsulated and looks like I will have an all-clear.

The terrible:
My sister's breast cancer which metastisized to her lungs has now spread beyond there.  Confirmed yesterday that it is now in her lymph nodes in two separate spots, outside of the lungs themselves (near the base of the neck.)  This means that it is now categorized as Stage 4B.  It's inoperable, and nearly untreatable.  And it's terminal, measurable in months.

My dad who has Parkinson's has descended into an astonishingly rapid Parkinson's dementia, literally over three weeks he went from stable (and his usual pain in the ass) to hallucinating and unable to discern reality from fiction.  He's still incredibly articulate which means we really didn't see it happening day by day.  I had flown down to where they live on the Florida Panhandle and he had fallen off a couch at 4 am...he was completely naked.  He lives with my mother who was asleep and when she called for help (assisted living,) the person who came said that she was covering two wings on two floors and had no one else.  I got off the plane to this event and with their full-time caregiver having called in sick. Mom is already in a wheelchair and at the beginning of Alzheimers, so I was in a position of wrangling two parents, two wheelchairs, two bathroom visits all day, and spending the night on their couch to ensure that the apartment complex responded to them, as we waited for replacements for the caregivers.

Mom who remains disabled from a bathroom fall in February which broke her nose and right wrist, continues to suffer from massive anxiety caused by diagnosed mental illness and severe pain from longstanding back injuries - for which she cannot have surgery as she had a quintuple bypass seven years ago and could not survive surgery.

My other sister, who is bi-polar, went into a full blown mania episode and is wreaking havoc everywhere.  She sent the nastiest, most evil and horrific email to the sister with cancer saying how dare you question the care mom and dad are getting, I will never speak to you again and don't sent me any emails or call me or write to me ever again.  (Which, as I said to my sister who is ill, that's actually fine since she makes everything about herself and who has the bandwidth for that right now?)

Anyway my friends I am going through the shitstorm of life right now.  I will probably be extra bitchy toward Royals on this board in the coming months.  Trust me, this is not happening to me, it's happening to my family but I feel so fucking helpless and so very small for worrying about that little thing on my head.

Sorry for the novel-length post.

Dearest Curtains......shitstorm is a mellow word for the hellhole you are peeking into right now. I'm so very sorry to hear about your family. It seems always to come in buckets when we think we only can handle a thimble. And cancer and dementia are a bitch to say the least. It really throws one to the ground in a massive way.

But there was also a huge light shining for you....your diagnosis of "all clear", that is a big boulder rolling off your shoulder, I can imagine. Thank god for that. In these troubling times ahead, please take good care of yourself, whilst standing by your family. These are the times when you have to have moments of "selfishness" to gather strength and energy, in order to stand by your loved ones.

I'm sending you healing thoughts and strength. We all are here for you....even though it feels like it, you are not alone. And if you want to start an extrat thread to be able to come and vent, bitch and shout, please do. We'll be right there with you  Hug

LapsedOptimist

Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #4070 on: March 25, 2017, 03:19:58 PM »

So - an update my friends such bad news for me personally.

The good:
That growth on my head was cancer but WAS completely encapsulated and looks like I will have an all-clear.

The terrible:
My sister's breast cancer which metastisized to her lungs has now spread beyond there.  Confirmed yesterday that it is now in her lymph nodes in two separate spots, outside of the lungs themselves (near the base of the neck.)  This means that it is now categorized as Stage 4B.  It's inoperable, and nearly untreatable.  And it's terminal, measurable in months.

My dad who has Parkinson's has descended into an astonishingly rapid Parkinson's dementia, literally over three weeks he went from stable (and his usual pain in the ass) to hallucinating and unable to discern reality from fiction.  He's still incredibly articulate which means we really didn't see it happening day by day.  I had flown down to where they live on the Florida Panhandle and he had fallen off a couch at 4 am...he was completely naked.  He lives with my mother who was asleep and when she called for help (assisted living,) the person who came said that she was covering two wings on two floors and had no one else.  I got off the plane to this event and with their full-time caregiver having called in sick. Mom is already in a wheelchair and at the beginning of Alzheimers, so I was in a position of wrangling two parents, two wheelchairs, two bathroom visits all day, and spending the night on their couch to ensure that the apartment complex responded to them, as we waited for replacements for the caregivers.

Mom who remains disabled from a bathroom fall in February which broke her nose and right wrist, continues to suffer from massive anxiety caused by diagnosed mental illness and severe pain from longstanding back injuries - for which she cannot have surgery as she had a quintuple bypass seven years ago and could not survive surgery.

My other sister, who is bi-polar, went into a full blown mania episode and is wreaking havoc everywhere.  She sent the nastiest, most evil and horrific email to the sister with cancer saying how dare you question the care mom and dad are getting, I will never speak to you again and don't sent me any emails or call me or write to me ever again.  (Which, as I said to my sister who is ill, that's actually fine since she makes everything about herself and who has the bandwidth for that right now?)

Anyway my friends I am going through the shitstorm of life right now.  I will probably be extra bitchy toward Royals on this board in the coming months.  Trust me, this is not happening to me, it's happening to my family but I feel so fucking helpless and so very small for worrying about that little thing on my head.

Sorry for the novel-length post.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.  It seems cruel all that you and your family are going through so much but you can and will get through this.  Stay strong. 
KimmySue

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4071 on: March 26, 2017, 04:00:20 AM »

Curtains,

So sorry for all you are going through. Praying for you and your family.
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4072 on: March 26, 2017, 04:22:30 AM »

Curtains, I can't even imagine how hard you try every day to do your best, help your family and keep your peace of mind. I wish you to stay strong and I don't know how but I wish for the things to get better.

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4073 on: March 26, 2017, 07:38:48 AM »

Curtains  Hug
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4074 on: March 27, 2017, 11:39:19 PM »

Weird feeling when watching an episode of the show 24h in A&E on the the Dutch version of TLC

24 Hours in A&E is a British reality medical documentary series set initially in King's College Hospital in Denmark Hill, Camberwell. In the 7th series, the setting was St George's Hospital in Tooting, Wandsworth. If I am correct the episode I am watching is in St George.

In this episode a retired man was accidentally hit in the face by a golf club at Deangate Ridge Golf Club in Kent. The 53-year-old was put in an induced coma to prevent his brain from further injury, before being flown by the charity helicopter to St George?s Hospital in London.

See:
http://www.golf-monthly.c...s-on-24-hours-in-ae-86145
http://www.kentonline.co....ccident-will-be-on-49037/

It among others reminded me how short life can be and that it can be over in a wink of the eye.

Currently it comes in extra. Because of some personal issues I frequently missed phone calls of my parents recently. After it became clear they tried to reach me because of a medical scare of one of my parents. Fortunately it solved itself eventually. But it resulted in my parents thinking they can't reach me in case of emergency, and a negative and guilty feeling at my side. Especially thinking what if it had been bad.........

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4075 on: April 03, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »

Past Saturday a Dutch gay couple was attacked and seriously injured at a night out. The attackers were according to the victims supposedly of (Dutch -) Moroccan background and among others used a bolt cutters during the attack. On Sunday a 14- and 20-year old were arrested. And later another 14-year old and 2 16-year olds have reported to the police.

Apparently the gay couple was walking hand in hand on a bridge near the centre of Arnhem. The attackers, which passed on bikes, made negative comments. The gay couple reacted and subsequently were attacked by the 5 boys.

What I can't understand why are 14-year-old boys still on the street at late night and why the need of carrying a bolt cutter with you?

http://nltimes.nl/2017/04...le-attacked-arnhem-street
http://nltimes.nl/2017/04...-gay-men-assaulted-arnhem

Based on this event Dutch journalist Barbara Barend, who by the way is gay herself, started an action with a tweet calling on all men in the Netherlands to hold hands in public, to show support.  A lot of people, among others politicians, a soccer team and radio DJ's, responded to this call of Barbara:

Politicians (national & local):

Dutch Film/tv personalities:

Radio DJ's

NEC, Dutch professional soccerteam of Nijmegen

Doctors from the Amsterdam hospital AMC (Amsterdam Medical Center)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:28:37 PM by Principessa » Logged
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4076 on: April 03, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »

^^^^^  Jumping Supercontent Jumping

Great statement! Love the support for the couple.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4077 on: April 03, 2017, 05:34:14 PM »

^^^^^  Jumping Supercontent Jumping

Great statement! Love the support for the couple.

Indeed, but sad it is necessary Sad

In my surroundings I have met, worked with and so on with several gay couples. I often heard they often don't dare to walk hand in hand in public, or kiss each other goodbye (at the train or so). As straight couples can do...........

In 2015 two BBC reporters did a (small) experiment: as man walking hand in hand on the street. This was done after a complaint from a listener that he harrassed because he is gay.
https://youtu.be/SbHajI9r9S4
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4078 on: April 03, 2017, 05:51:09 PM »

Some more, including females participating:

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4079 on: April 03, 2017, 11:43:59 PM »

I'm very fiscally and philosophically conservative (read this to mean life philosophy and fiscal policy wise) but I truly rejoice in those beautiful pictures above. Thank you for posting them and I believe I will share that on my Facebook page.

While this is not strictly world news, I thought I'd post this here on this thread. Please enjoy the fluid beauty of the magnificent movement of the Tribal Fusion Belly Dancing of Russian performer, Yana Kramneva. She definitely has every bit the training and discipline of those in modern dance of the top order, in my ever so humble opinion and I love the music (being a percussionist - it has wonderful sounds to my ear) and her beautiful costume. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have...

https://youtu.be/OpcccPBtRhk
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 12:04:57 AM by lellobeetle » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 286   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: