Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 391   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 1473105 times)
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #5610 on: September 10, 2021, 12:58:10 AM »

Your daily dose of (rather awkward) giggles:

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...gebouwen-vormen-woord-lul

There is no need to translate this news. The three letter word is colloquial for a certain part of a man's nether regions.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #5611 on: September 17, 2021, 07:14:06 PM »

I'm doing the Highgrove garden tour on Sunday *woop woop*

Cool your jets, everyone
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5612 on: September 17, 2021, 09:55:23 PM »

That sounds so lovely!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5613 on: September 17, 2021, 11:58:38 PM »

Ohhh!

Please share when you can FC!

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5614 on: September 18, 2021, 12:53:19 AM »

In one neighborhood I work, a young lady named Cassidy informed me that she is expecting a baby. Smiley
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #5615 on: September 19, 2021, 11:11:07 AM »

Hi! How are you all?
I'm quite busy lately and I don't have as much time as before to relax reading in detail the threads here so, I don't write either. I feel I've left a bit... behind in the news of the royas!

However, I still have a lot of fun reading whenever I can and when I see something interesting, I'm immediately thinking this thread here!

So, earlier this morning I wathced this video about transporting and later unveiling an unimaginably stunning ancient greek mosaic in Northern Greece, Macedonia.
The mosaic it's about god of wine (and fun and maybe... madness), Dionysus! https://www.facebook.com/...ed&v=1062119404592263
I was always fascinated by all these huge missions protecting an art masterpiece, getting it elsewhere to fix it, the whole maintenance process etc.

Another video, which has nothing to do with archaeology but a lot with the preception we have about the rest of the world in different time periods and regions, a tv survey in Australia, back in 1962 (60 years ago! ) about "what languages should be taught in Autralian schools". I love LOVE the old footages because there's no need to try to recreate an older era, it's all there. You can see a whole world unveiling in front of you! BUT the most interesting part of the video are, of course, the answers... That not so sweet old lady in 0.25...

Here we have a pair of earrings, from the island of Kos. Made in 18th century, their design (known as bell) is based on typical byzantine style. What we see hanging on their edges are real pearls

and another pair

Last, but definitely not least, world famous composer Mikis Theodorakis passed away earlier this month. He was 96 years old, he had health issues for many years and his family said he was in a lot of pain.
He was known for his unbellievable talent and for his political views as well, which are profound in his whole corpus.
Theodorakis gave us, among other things, the music of Zorba the Greek. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzlcxN0lxSo
He also wrote the music for the film Serpico.
Here's the article from the New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2...kis-theodorakis-dead.html

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5616 on: September 19, 2021, 08:07:13 PM »

Lots of interesting things to read and learn!  Thank you!  And those earrings 

I hope you and your family have been well especially with all of the fires and bad news in your area.   Hug
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #5617 on: September 19, 2021, 09:22:16 PM »

Lots of interesting things to read and learn!  Thank you!  And those earrings 

I hope you and your family have been well especially with all of the fires and bad news in your area.   Hug
Yeah, the earrings are to die for!

Thank you for asking, we're all ok!!!!

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #5618 on: September 20, 2021, 08:57:18 AM »

Ohhh!

So I did the Highgrove Garden tour yesterday, and it was just lovely. Highly recommended.

Firstly, there is a lot more security than on your average garden visit and photography is not allowed, so I've nabbed a few photos off the internet for illustration.

The house is just outside Tetbury, on the edge of the Cotswolds. Punters arrive at a visitor centre where they are welcomed and given a security briefing. You wait in this nice room decorated with Charles's watercolours and photographs of the family, including this lovely shot:

You then are taken on a two hour tour of the gardens, with lots of information about organic principles, plant choices and the design of the garden. It's divided up into distinct areas - including a cottage garden near the visitor centre, the Thyme Walk in front of the house:

The arboretum, the kitchen garden, and the wildflower meadow. My favourite bit was the stumpery:

The garden is surprisingly personal, with lots of nice touches. There's a poplar tree, planted by Charles and Prince George, huge terracotta pots gifted by the Spanish royal family, tributes to beloved pets, to the Queen mother, busts of friends and people Charles admires.

At the end, there's a chance to visit the gift shop and the excellent cafe.

Cool your jets, everyone
Diogenes
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5619 on: September 20, 2021, 12:43:19 PM »

FC, are you going to Chelsea this week?
If so, full report, please … pretty please … with Demerara sugar on it …
TIA
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5620 on: September 20, 2021, 02:11:15 PM »

Your daily dose of (rather awkward) giggles:

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...gebouwen-vormen-woord-lul

There is no need to translate this news. The three letter word is colloquial for a certain part of a man's nether regions.

Oh yeah.....that was great fun indeed.....I got the news forwarded by several (Dutch) friends.  Laugh bounce
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5621 on: September 20, 2021, 02:19:51 PM »

The past week I had a rather unexpected short holiday in Germany, along part of the Moselle and Rhine rivers. Along both rivers you will find various castles and related (both ruins and relatively intact). Some visited with great interest, while others admired from the outside.

In addition, you also become aware of which different powers have been in power in this region. For example, former president of France, Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, was born in Rhineland (during the occupation of this region by France)

RainbowUnicorn68

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #5622 on: September 20, 2021, 03:14:46 PM »

Ohhh!

So I did the Highgrove Garden tour yesterday, and it was just lovely. Highly recommended.

Firstly, there is a lot more security than on your average garden visit and photography is not allowed, so I've nabbed a few photos off the internet for illustration.

The house is just outside Tetbury, on the edge of the Cotswolds. Punters arrive at a visitor centre where they are welcomed and given a security briefing. You wait in this nice room decorated with Charles's watercolours and photographs of the family, including this lovely shot:

You then are taken on a two hour tour of the gardens, with lots of information about organic principles, plant choices and the design of the garden. It's divided up into distinct areas - including a cottage garden near the visitor centre, the Thyme Walk in front of the house:

The arboretum, the kitchen garden, and the wildflower meadow. My favourite bit was the stumpery:

The garden is surprisingly personal, with lots of nice touches. There's a poplar tree, planted by Charles and Prince George, huge terracotta pots gifted by the Spanish royal family, tributes to beloved pets, to the Queen mother, busts of friends and people Charles admires.

At the end, there's a chance to visit the gift shop and the excellent cafe.

Thank you for a lovely post!
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5623 on: September 20, 2021, 04:19:07 PM »

I bet you just had the loveliest time!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5624 on: September 20, 2021, 05:34:39 PM »

Thank you, FC. It does sound wonderful!

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 391   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: