Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 1362025 times)
dwi
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5640 on: September 21, 2021, 07:27:07 PM »

The Gabby Petito case breaks my heart. He seems to have been an abusive jerk. I know that doesn't make him a murderer, but if he is at fault, I want justice.

I'm also sad at the Norm MacDonald passing.  Cry

i just hope that they find him (alive) as i want him to pay for this.  i'm wondering if he might commit suicide or something.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5641 on: September 26, 2021, 01:38:29 AM »

Today I figured out how to hang up a mirror, shelf and picture by myself. Plus I put a lamp together. I used to have my dad do this stuff and then my boyfriend would do it but now Iím learning how to be independent 👏🏻 I think the picture is slightly crooked though 🤣

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #5642 on: September 26, 2021, 01:47:13 AM »

Today I figured out how to hang up a mirror, shelf and picture by myself. Plus I put a lamp together. I used to have my dad do this stuff and then my boyfriend would do it but now Iím learning how to be independent 👏🏻 I think the picture is slightly crooked though 🤣
I think it's pretty amazing!
You go girl!

thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5643 on: September 26, 2021, 08:55:06 PM »

It's fun to figure out how to do things by yourself! I bought a place about a year ago and I like figuring out little projects and fixing things myself when I can. Especially with the state of the world right now it's nice to feel like you accomplish something however small it might be!
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5644 on: September 27, 2021, 02:38:51 AM »

Gunman in Juliet's dorm at U of Vermont this afternoon. She was locked down for 5 hours. They just got all clear, but have not actually found the person. I told her stay in her room with the door locked until tomorrow, no matter WHAT.
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5645 on: September 27, 2021, 02:53:57 AM »

AB, buy a cheap level at the store. That's awesome.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5646 on: September 27, 2021, 03:31:10 AM »

Gunman in Juliet's dorm at U of Vermont this afternoon. She was locked down for 5 hours. They just got all clear, but have not actually found the person. I told her stay in her room with the door locked until tomorrow, no matter WHAT.

How frightening!! I hope they find the person ASAP and she remains safe.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5647 on: September 27, 2021, 04:08:59 AM »

Me, too!!!!!! Vermont is a strange combination of being one of the most liberal D States in the country.... but it's also a State that is very pro gun rights, being a big hunting fishing state. This is now the second near miss 'my people' have had. For many years my horses lived in Newtown, CT. On THAT morning, there were three families  on the farm that had little children at Sandy Hook. One was traveling and was not there that day. One was late and arrived after the school was locked down. The last child was the one in the classroom that died. This child was lucky enough to be one of the handful who escaped when the gun jammed. They leaped over their massacred teacher and classmates. They ran through a lake of blood and out through the window that the shooter blew out to gain access. The kids ran to the neighbor's and beat on the door. That was who called 911. This child survived, but the child she was before is gone. If a door slams behind her, she falls to the ground and crawls around looking for a place to hide.  Until it is personal to you, it's just a story on the news.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #5648 on: September 27, 2021, 09:18:16 AM »

Duchess this is so scary!
I hope your daughter's safe!!!!!

I wish they'll find who did it!

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5649 on: September 27, 2021, 10:48:34 AM »

Me, too!!!!!! Vermont is a strange combination of being one of the most liberal D States in the country.... but it's also a State that is very pro gun rights, being a big hunting fishing state. This is now the second near miss 'my people' have had. For many years my horses lived in Newtown, CT. On THAT morning, there were three families  on the farm that had little children at Sandy Hook. One was traveling and was not there that day. One was late and arrived after the school was locked down. The last child was the one in the classroom that died. This child was lucky enough to be one of the handful who escaped when the gun jammed. They leaped over their massacred teacher and classmates. They ran through a lake of blood and out through the window that the shooter blew out to gain access. The kids ran to the neighbor's and beat on the door. That was who called 911. This child survived, but the child she was before is gone. If a door slams behind her, she falls to the ground and crawls around looking for a place to hide.  Until it is personal to you, it's just a story on the news.
I am so anti-gun, but tbf, these incidents happen in countries with enormous gun control just as well.
There seems to be such a psychotic need for attention that people nowadays have. Such a need to "share" with the entire world, more innocently what you eat, where you are and what you do and see (Instagram) and more destructive when you feel slighted, wronged or unhappy with the world. Such an enormous perception, that if the world doesn't feel with you, nothing really counts: I am unhappy, make the world suffer and mourn....
I really hope, Juliet is fine: she seems such a level-headed young lady, that I feel she will be able to deal with it. But of course, Duchess, if she needs any help, I am confident, you have it lined up.
There is nothing I can do from here, but send you a huge cyber hug from one frightened mom to another and pray for our girls...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5650 on: September 27, 2021, 12:53:49 PM »

You have done it!!

And yes, it is often trail and error.

I grew up with  various construction jobs as being a man's work. My dad or elder brothers would often do them. Some of that changed when my brothers were getting of age and/or moved out. Nowadays they help out my dad moren often again, as they live much more close to my parents. But I often came in handy for painting and it's corresponding preparation work.

But yeah, they had and have the tools (I don't and currently I have also no (storage) space for them) and the experience. My dad started his working life as a carpenter and moved to other jobs within construction companies. My elder brother works at a construction material supplier for professionals. Another brother works as project manager in construction etc.  Also I was insecure about projects, how to do them and such.  Also when trying it and getting advice from dad (on the phone) he often asked if he should come (when he had the time and so on). So often things I didn't do or had to find other ways.

In the past I have already painted the bathroom (including some anti fungi treatment and filling out cracks). But especially in 2019/2020 it became clear I had to do something about my small 1 bedroom rental appartment. As I needed a less chaotic, studentlike, run down and messy surroundings. Due to Corona I had 1 a 1.5 week off in spring. Together with help from some friends and a neigbour I took on my living and kitchen area. I have done a lot of work myself, also plenty of new stuff for me f.e. onn cracks in walls and ceiling. All was painted, some flooring (with so much appreciated practical help from 2 friends) was done, plenty of stuff went to waste; some new matching IKEA furniture and some new use and/or placement of other stuff. There is still a lot I need to do, with or without help, but heck I needed to be proud on myself. It was certainly not perfectly done (f.e. me painting the ceiling didn't went wel and looks a bit crooked)......but I did it myself with some help!

A work item I now have to do is put on new curtains. My neighbour wants to help, but we have to see how and what. Otherwise my (practical) coach will try to help me over about 2 weeks. She also pushes me to get this project done, including get various (big) waste to the bulky waste disposal (I don't have a car to transport it, she has).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5651 on: September 27, 2021, 12:54:10 PM »

It's fun to figure out how to do things by yourself! I bought a place about a year ago and I like figuring out little projects and fixing things myself when I can. Especially with the state of the world right now it's nice to feel like you accomplish something however small it might be!

Great!!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5652 on: September 27, 2021, 12:57:59 PM »

Well done!!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5653 on: September 27, 2021, 01:18:36 PM »

Wow, that is a weird/scary situation!!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5654 on: October 01, 2021, 06:21:37 PM »

This week my parents are married for 50 years!

And if I remember it correctly they were going together for about 7 years before marrying.

I thought and still think it is great. A person I spoke this week said she recently encountered several couples who celebrated their 60th wedding day.

I would love if my parents manage to get to their 60th.  But only if they are happy and healthy....not against all things
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: