Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 388   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 1406303 times)
Aubiette

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5760 on: November 19, 2021, 04:26:25 PM »

Thanks all.  I'm been icing but I don't really feel like it gave me much relief.  Overnight was really bad but this morning was a bit better.  My dentist is having me alternate Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen...yesterday it barely touched the pain then overnight I'd be good for like an hour at a time (between when what I just took kicked in and about 1.5 hours before I was supposed to take the next thing) then this morning I was good until about 30 minutes before needing the next dose and was able to doze while waiting for it to kick in.  That's some really good progress though I am definitely looking forward to zero agony between doses. 

I do have some swelling but that's fairly normal for me.  For the procedure I had 9 different injection sites (6 Novocain and 3 for a ligament block) and I always get injection site pain.  I also have a beautiful dark purple bruise from my IV as I need sedation for this sort of thing due to anxiety.  I'm basically a mess.

Hopefully this all made sense because it's about as clear as mud.  Thanks for all your support, I really appreciate it.

Wow! No prescription pain meds? Unless that was your choice, Iíd be finding a new dentist. Ouch! May I suggest Excedrin, if you can take it. It helped me through some dental pain in the past. Dental pain is awful.

I was my choice.  We have a family history of addiction so I try to avoid prescription pain meds.  And the few times I've taken then they make me really sick and really dizzy.

I understand. I hope it eases up soon.
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5761 on: November 19, 2021, 04:39:56 PM »

Go to your local ER and get a shot for the pain. It will help immensely. They do it in the buttocks and there's relief within 15 minutes.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5762 on: November 19, 2021, 08:28:20 PM »

Go to your local ER and get a shot for the pain. It will help immensely. They do it in the buttocks and there's relief within 15 minutes.

I second this advice AND call your dentist and ask him to call the hospital ahead of time.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 08:37:45 PM by Curtains » Logged

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5763 on: November 20, 2021, 02:09:51 AM »

Ok so today went a little better.  This afternoon I called my regular dentist (I went to a different one 1.5 hours away for the root canal as my regular dentist doesn't offer IV sedation).  Regular dentist had me pop in so she could see how everything was looking.  In her opinion I have what's call a root canal flare up an uncommon complication but not unheard of or overly worrying.  She took some x-rays to check on things and asked to see my antibiotics and post procedure instructions.  The instructions had me taking pain killers every 4 hours and she switched that to every 3 hours.  She also insisted on calling in a prescription for something a bit stronger...our local pharmacy holds filled prescriptions for 10 days so if I need it I can get it at any point.

Overall I've gone from painful to just very very sore.  I've been able to eat (and had an appetite which I didn't have on Thursday).  I was able to nap this afternoon and otherwise have been watching at lot of videos to keep my mind occupied.  I've been icing not that it really does anything and my dentist did suggestion that anytime after noon Saturday (72 hours post procedure) I could try using warm compresses as warmth will encourage blood flow to the area and relax the muscles.  She's given me her cell phone number incase I need anything over the weekend.

I didn't think to discuss the ER shot idea with her but if things are slow to improve I'll give her a call this weekend.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5764 on: November 20, 2021, 02:49:54 AM »

Good, OC, that's great news. I'm glad you have such a supportive HC team and that you're resting easier and eating. Hoping the worst is behind you now.
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5765 on: November 20, 2021, 04:11:59 AM »

Iím glad youíre headed in the right decision!  Hug

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5766 on: November 20, 2021, 05:03:35 AM »

Glad youíre feeling better! Iíve had three root canals and I felt great after each one. The pain went away. It didnít get worse. Poor you but glad things are on the mend.
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #5767 on: November 21, 2021, 09:02:21 PM »

Cry Hug

Heart-breaking and heart-mending at the same time.

Thanks to the progress of medicine, some disasters can now saving others.

I'm sorry if you a need tissue now (I did when I read it), but this is worth sharing.

anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5768 on: November 21, 2021, 09:28:29 PM »

Organ donation is so important. I turned 18 years old a couple weeks after the Humboldt Broncos bus accident here in Canada. Listening to their stories encouraged me to get my organ donor card.

(Humboldt Broncos are a junior hockey team aged 18-20. Their bus was hit by a semi truck on a way to playoff games and over half the team was killed.)

LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #5769 on: December 03, 2021, 09:59:24 PM »

I follow this YouTube channel "Friesian Horses" since last spring, and I enjoy it a lot. The 6-month-old video I shared below is a very emotional one (I remember letting a few tears go), with grief and a lot of hope in the end. It shows the beautiful love of a mama mare :
"
"Orphan foal meets foster mother Queen 👑Uniek. I've never seen this before! Amazing! | Friesian Horses"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktIYrZn7Y9k

Trigger warning : still birth of a foal; and an orphaned foal.

The day after :

"The next day... Orphan foal Rising Star JK and foster mother Queen 👑Uniek"  Hug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkjDT3UQ1k8

« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 10:35:14 PM by LittleThunder, Reason: adding a link » Logged

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5770 on: December 09, 2021, 10:06:43 AM »

Organ donation is so important. I turned 18 years old a couple weeks after the Humboldt Broncos bus accident here in Canada. Listening to their stories encouraged me to get my organ donor card.

(Humboldt Broncos are a junior hockey team aged 18-20. Their bus was hit by a semi truck on a way to playoff games and over half the team was killed.)

Many years ago in the Netherlands you could indicate whether or not you wanted to be a donor. In the first case, you had the option of whether you wanted to be a full donor or whether you left the final choice to your next of kin. As a young adolescent at the time, I chose to be a donor, but chose my next of kin to decide. Later I came to believe that I wanted to be a full donor, as long as I was reasonably presentable to those who wanted to bury me or something (so that they could say goodbye). However, it turned out to be rather difficult for me to get that changed in the Dutch donor register, so I clearly convinced my parents in particular of my opinion. The Netherlands has had a different system for several years now. If I understand correctly, everyone is a donor, provided you register it differently.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5771 on: December 09, 2021, 10:08:05 AM »

I follow this YouTube channel "Friesian Horses" since last spring, and I enjoy it a lot. The 6-month-old video I shared below is a very emotional one (I remember letting a few tears go), with grief and a lot of hope in the end. It shows the beautiful love of a mama mare :
"
"Orphan foal meets foster mother Queen 👑Uniek. I've never seen this before! Amazing! | Friesian Horses"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktIYrZn7Y9k

Trigger warning : still birth of a foal; and an orphaned foal.

The day after :

"The next day... Orphan foal Rising Star JK and foster mother Queen 👑Uniek"  Hug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkjDT3UQ1k8

Frisian Horses are beautiful horses!
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5772 on: December 09, 2021, 10:31:04 PM »

Today is my maternal grandmother's birthday. Grandmother's first name is Mary.  Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5773 on: December 10, 2021, 12:25:44 AM »

Today is my maternal grandmother's birthday. Grandmother's first name is Mary.  Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers

Congratulations to your Grandmother, CS! May she have many gloriously happy returns of the day! Champagne
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5774 on: December 10, 2021, 01:32:56 AM »

A very blessed Happy Birthday to your grandmother, CS! And to many, many more  Champagne

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 388   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: