Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 394   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 1489497 times)
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5850 on: May 05, 2022, 06:39:39 PM »

Thursday May 5th is The National Day of Prayer. I will be doing some Scripture reading near the City Hall.

I hope your reading went well this morning Cyril, and that you were blessed with a fine voice and nice weather.  Smiley

What scripture passage did you read?

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5851 on: May 06, 2022, 12:34:11 AM »

Thursday May 5th is The National Day of Prayer. I will be doing some Scripture reading near the City Hall.

I hope your reading went well this morning Cyril, and that you were blessed with a fine voice and nice weather.  Smiley

The weather was dry. The reading was actually in the afternoon.   
The reading was from The First Letter to the Corinthians.   
I actually did two separate readings from this book.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5852 on: May 06, 2022, 12:53:53 AM »

Was one of the selections the "Love is patient" passage?
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5853 on: May 06, 2022, 05:03:48 PM »

My friend is playing in his game 7 championship final tonight for hockey. Wish him luck!!!! I'm already so nervous and the puck doesn't drop for another 10 hours.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5854 on: May 07, 2022, 01:55:58 AM »

Was one of the selections the "Love is patient" passage?

Yes. However, that was not a passage I read.
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #5855 on: May 18, 2022, 08:34:33 PM »

Video from the YouTube channel "TheraminTrees" :

"‘unconsciously’ seeking abusers? | bogus therapy [cc]"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_I8G1BWdLM  30'49"

Asserting spurious unconscious/subconscious motives is a practice that’s contaminated the world of therapy, the social sciences and general public discourse. I explore this burden-shifting red herring with special reference to targets of abuse who’ve been told they were ‘unconsciously’ seeking abusers.

There are a lot of interesting contents in this channel. Food for thoughts.  Thumb up

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5856 on: May 26, 2022, 06:52:48 PM »

Not sure where to post this, but a people-are-good article from The Guardian a couple years ago. A true story of boys on a deserted island and how they actually behaved with each other. Hint: It's not like the fictional Lord of the Flies.

https://www.theguardian.c...shipwrecked-for-15-months

I needed some heartwarming stories about humanity today.

Also, for those who need a good book on the same topic:
The Kindness of Strangers: Tales of Fate and Fortune on the Road, edited by Don George, publisher of Lonely Planet Guidebooks

https://www.amazon.com/Ki...ature-ebook/dp/B00WYIX6UC

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5857 on: May 26, 2022, 08:39:55 PM »

This brought a smile:

Senior Prank

Students ride horses to school, and Montana ‘law’ means principal has to care for them

https://www.yahoo.com/new...ol-montana-145204657.html

Because of a senior prank at a Montana high school, a principal had to tend to 12 horses for the day on Monday, May 23.

But why? It’s the law, says the Conrad Public Schools district in northern Montana.

The district shared a picture on Facebook showing the 12 students on horseback outside Conrad High School. Those horses — at least for the day — were under the responsibility of school principal Raymond DeBruycker.

“Montana has an old law saying if a student rides their horse to school, the school principal has to feed and tend to the horse throughout the day,” the school district said. “It looks like Mr. DeBruycker has his work cut out for him today.”

Winston Churchill
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5858 on: May 26, 2022, 08:51:54 PM »

Those horses and that prank is adorable!

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
PruNordstrom

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5859 on: May 27, 2022, 07:05:21 AM »

In my 'neck of the woods' there were regulations (not quite a law) that required the school district to provide shelter, free range in fenced yards, fresh water and time for students to exercise their horses at mid-day (lunch time). About half of the students got to school riding in a wagon driven by local residents, who took turns performing the service one day a week. The remainder walked or rode their horse to school. Even now, some students take advantage of riding their horse to school in Spring because the regulation was never repealed. Eliminating the perk is put up for a vote every 4-5 years but never passes because there are still enough large tracts of 'homesteads' from 150 yrs ago and riding trails that make it safe to ride/walk the horses to school. Reminds the communitiy of their farming and horse-breeding roots.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5860 on: May 27, 2022, 04:49:54 PM »

That's an awesome senior prank! Love the beautiful horses!! 
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5861 on: May 27, 2022, 05:02:37 PM »

Round here, students occasionally drive the family tractor to school.  Smiley

Best local prank wasn't a prank, but on Senior skip day the senior class of a small high school went, the lot of them, to a newly opened hands on Science museum.

Winston Churchill
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5862 on: June 03, 2022, 03:25:13 PM »

So we are finally on our long postponed Mediterranean cruise. We are in Nice today and had lunch with the Duke’s childhood best friend who now lives here. Today at lunch we sat next to Elton John and David Furnish and their two extremely well behaved sons!
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5863 on: June 03, 2022, 03:27:46 PM »

That’s amazing!!! I love his music.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5864 on: June 07, 2022, 10:35:07 PM »

Further vacation fun….we are in Sicily today and Mount Etna volcano has begun erupting with lava flowing about 1000’ down the mountain as we as sailing away. It was belching all day but now it’s really cool!
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 394   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: