Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 400   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 1513853 times)
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5895 on: June 21, 2022, 02:40:10 PM »

I'm so sorry about Istanbul!!  That's so disappointing for all of you.   Cry

I hope your leg isn't causing you too much pain, and I'm glad you had a phenomenal meal in Mykonos!  What was it??
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5896 on: June 21, 2022, 02:43:31 PM »

Have fun Duchess! I never went to Istambul, it is on my list.

Mikonos is a cute little island and with amazing restaurants  Drool

I actually liked Crete and wish to go there again, but for a few more days. Kotor is beautiful! Enojoy it Smiley

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5897 on: June 21, 2022, 03:24:56 PM »

I'm so sorry about Istanbul!!  That's so disappointing for all of you.   Cry

I hope your leg isn't causing you too much pain, and I'm glad you had a phenomenal meal in Mykonos!  What was it??
We had lunch at D’angelo’s just a few feet from the windmills. Beef carpaccio, Tuna tartar that had been swimming 30 minutes ago with a honey fig drizzle and spicy mayonnaise  and a mixed bruschetta plate to start (unbelievable salmon ‘gravlox’ - I can’t remember the Italian word- a prosciutto and mozzarella, and traditional tomato basil). I had spaghetti all’ Matriciana, the Duke had the house veal cheek Ragu on pappardelle , Juliet had the spinach ricotta ravioli with a cream sauce with prosciutto and peas.  All the pasta fresh made that day…,Mmmmmmmmm
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 03:34:37 PM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5898 on: June 22, 2022, 07:09:47 AM »

^ Duchess of Verona - I have so much enjoyed following your travels and descriptions - thank you!
Happy voyaging in the days ahead  Champagne
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5899 on: June 22, 2022, 10:58:32 AM »

Another Farmers Protest in the Netherlands

https://www.dutchnews.nl/...s-up-for-farmers-protest/

Some UK view on the previous Farmers Protests in NL:

https://www.foodethicscou...om-dutch-farmer-protests/

Furthermore:

https://nltimes.nl/2022/0...actor-protest-set-june-22

https://www.dairyglobal.n...nds-a-search-for-answers/
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5900 on: June 26, 2022, 09:49:09 PM »

Tonight is the very last night of our grand journey. The Duke said he wanted to go to Harry’s at the Cipriani in Venice. Tomorrow night we sleep in our own bed, which will be enjoyable, especially as the air conditioning works, which is far more than can be said of most of our trip during the heat wave. Yesterday we went to the Doge’s Palace and today Murano. The Duke “I want to buy one thing at Murano” bought 6. Next  week when we are home our pup and kitten come home to us. Thank you to all of you for taking this journey with us!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 10:27:23 PM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5901 on: June 27, 2022, 12:50:06 AM »

Cousin James lives next to an elderly lady who for decades had gorgeous flower gardens. She is no longer able to do this. She asked James if he would like to have her twelve large containers of dahlias. He said he would take a few dahlias. He telephoned a local garden club. They were enthusiastically interested in the dahlias. They took the rest of the lady's dahlias.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5902 on: July 01, 2022, 03:35:30 AM »

Our new pup came home today. She is a delight and a treasure. Her baseline position is sit or lay down, which makes life much easier than the last go round 15 years ago. The last lab puppy’s baseline was standing on her hind legs and trying to knock anyone they could over). Baby’s name is still being discussed. She is a platinum blonde to snow white golden retriever.  Just slightly beige on the ends of her ear flaps. I am voting for Harlow (the ultimate platinum blonde), Juliet loves Daffodil (a friend’s yellow lab was named this and a fabulous dog) and the Duke is in favor of Gracie. Gracie is an improvement over his original suggestion of Blanche (with the follow up remark that it was a family name from his mother’s side. The temperament on that side of the family I would not like to conjure the juju of. We’ve had  Lucy (the best dog who  ever walked the earth) who was a black lab, Ellie (who was definitely  not…she of the let’s knock EVERYONE over) also a black lab, and Daisy (yellow lab), who came to us as a senior rescue after being abandoned tied to a vet’s door handle  and then lived an additional 12 years.  Lucy has been gone now longer than she was alive, but I still cry for her every day. Daisy and then Ellie went over the rainbow bridge within a few months of one another during lockdown.  A tragedy. So nice to have a dog in the house again. Juliet is beside herself with happiness.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5903 on: July 01, 2022, 03:59:28 AM »

DofV I am so happy to hear that you have a new pup to love and the pitter patter of paws in your home once again.  Enjoy her. They are such a blessing. I like all of the names. I tend to pick names that I can play around with, making little nicknames. The light red girl in my pic is Isabella but also Izzy, Bella, Izzy Boo, Isabella Marie! (when in trouble), etc. . 
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5904 on: July 01, 2022, 04:13:12 AM »

DofV I am so happy to hear that you have a new pup to love and the pitter patter of paws in your home once again.  Enjoy her. They are such a blessing. I like all of the names. I tend to pick names that I can play around with, making little nicknames. The light red girl in my pic is Isabella but also Izzy, Bella, Izzy Boo, Isabella Marie! (when in trouble), etc. .  
Oh yes. Lucy was mostly Lulu Belle or Juicy Lucy, for her wet nose. Ellie’s real name (Juliet was in high princess mode at the time) was Arielle Belle….but she was so awful much of the time that she was Stinker-belle or Stinky-winky, said with love. Daisy was always Daisy. As she came so late in life I tried to not confuse  her. She had had the crap kicked out of her quite a few times by the abandoner, so I tried not to stress her. The only naughty thing she ever did in the 12 years we had her was to knock over the garbage if given the opportunity. When I found her hip deep in the can the first time I exclaimed “Oh Daisy, no!”. The poor girl laid down, put her head on the ground and closed her eyes, trembling, clearly expecting to be beaten. It would have been my preference to rescue another senior (preferably a black lab as big black dogs have least chance of being adopted), but the others in the family could not face another loss again soon.  Juliet likes Daffodil which she plans to call Dilly.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5905 on: July 01, 2022, 06:33:14 AM »

What about Libby?

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5906 on: July 01, 2022, 12:00:44 PM »

I love Gracie (had once wanted to call a dog Gracie, but since we live in Germany, everybody would believe she was named Crazy) love Harlow for the sound and the reference. I really like the idea of Daffodil, but it is an awful mouthful to yell, when she is digging up bulbs.. and not so sure about Dilly.
So I am siding with you on Harlow....
On the other hand, all my dogs were named by the kids... So we of course have had an Elsa, a Harry Potter, a Sheldon Cooper and a Leo Lesemaus ( Early Reading for kids, when they came here) I dogded a Cindy for Cinderella and a Poo Bear.
So I presume it is going to be Dilly the Daffodil...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #5907 on: July 06, 2022, 06:04:49 PM »

British politics, eh? 35 MPs have resigned in 24 hours and we might have a change in prime minister by tomorrow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/new...live/uk-politics-62048657

Cool your jets, everyone
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5908 on: July 07, 2022, 03:08:41 PM »

British politics, eh? 35 MPs have resigned in 24 hours and we might have a change in prime minister by tomorrow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/new...live/uk-politics-62048657
And that would be bad, because??? Thinking

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5909 on: July 07, 2022, 09:36:25 PM »

I’m trying to follow what’s going on in London, but it’s very sudden and difficult to understand. But I have nothing to do but recover from wrist surgery and sleep, so might as well.

DM articles seem hysterical, as they usually do.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 400   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: