Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 925497 times)
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4245 on: October 10, 2017, 11:49:40 PM »

The Harvey Weinstein scandal goes on, statements by Ben Affleck and Lin-Manuel Miranda (I didn't know the last one)
http://perezhilton.com/20...ichael-moore#.Wd0_eDBx2M9

rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4246 on: October 11, 2017, 12:41:01 AM »

It's good that more and more big names are coming out against the extremely disgusting Harvey Weinstein. However, where were they ten, fifteen, twenty years ago when this individual was at the height of his power? Certainly not going to the media and outing him.

It's all well and good for stars to issue statements and give someone who has been outed as a predator a swift kick as he lies in the outer darkness, now. However, there were people of star power and influence in Hollywood decades ago who knew exactly what was going on and enabled Weinstein (and the rest) to continue by averting their eyes and closing their mouths about it all.
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4247 on: October 11, 2017, 12:56:03 AM »

It's good that more and more big names are coming out against the extremely disgusting Harvey Weinstein. However, where were they ten, fifteen, twenty years ago when this individual was at the height of his power? Certainly not going to the media and outing him.

It's all well and good for stars to issue statements and give someone who has been outed as a predator a swift kick as he lies in the outer darkness, now. However, there were people of star power and influence in Hollywood decades ago who knew exactly what was going on and enabled Weinstein (and the rest) to continue by averting their eyes and closing their mouths about it all.
I agree. And in Clooney's case I feel so sorry for not making a statement about it. As for female names who knew and didn't talk, I understand that it is during the last 5 years that women in Holywood have started talking massively for the lower payments than their male colleagues, the sexism etc.

onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4248 on: October 11, 2017, 02:14:00 AM »

Goergina Chapman does NOT support Weinstein
https://www.vogue.com/art...tein?mbid=social_facebook

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Not too crazy about Snarkle

Ignore
« Reply #4249 on: October 11, 2017, 10:51:46 AM »

People boycotting her collection was too much...?

The Obamas have also condemned his behaviour.

https://www.huffingtonpos..._59dd4fcde4b01df09b7716d1

You have to wonder how many of all these people now condemning him, especially people in the business, knew about his reputation at least but stayed silent. Not sure what to think of the statements of those actor men who hung out with him a lot in the past. Surely they saw something.

This must be a shock for the Obamas as I recall them calling him a "wonderful human being" in the past and doubt they would have done so if they knew. It's terrible to think now that Malia Obama was an intern for Weinstein just a couple of months ago.  Sad I hope he didn't dare harassing her.

http://www.dailymail.co.u...eads-work-internship.html
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:57:25 AM by Suzerain » Logged

Snarkle doing charity
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4250 on: October 11, 2017, 11:00:47 AM »

There is a social phenomena called virtue signalling (according to wiki: Virtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values done primarily with the intent of enhancing standing within a social group.)
And unfortunately I believe most of the people coming out of the woodwork with their condemning statements do just that.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4251 on: October 11, 2017, 07:10:22 PM »

People boycotting her collection was too much...?

The Obamas have also condemned his behaviour.

https://www.huffingtonpos..._59dd4fcde4b01df09b7716d1

You have to wonder how many of all these people now condemning him, especially people in the business, knew about his reputation at least but stayed silent. Not sure what to think of the statements of those actor men who hung out with him a lot in the past. Surely they saw something.

This must be a shock for the Obamas as I recall them calling him a "wonderful human being" in the past and doubt they would have done so if they knew. It's terrible to think now that Malia Obama was an intern for Weinstein just a couple of months ago.  Sad I hope he didn't dare harassing her.

http://www.dailymail.co.u...eads-work-internship.html

I thought the same thing but who knows?
As for the Obamas, the only reason I don't believe they knew is the fact that Malia worked in Weinstein's company. Otherwise, politicians sometimes are forced to support certain people in public.

Olya

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4252 on: October 11, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »

There is a social phenomena called virtue signalling (according to wiki: Virtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values done primarily with the intent of enhancing standing within a social group.)
And unfortunately I believe most of the people coming out of the woodwork with their condemning statements do just that.

That's exactly what it is, and everyone who's coming out of the woodwork saying they are "shocked" bla bla is just doing it for their own benefit/ image (eg Clintons, Obamas, etc etc).

Everyone knew this. Literally everyone. This was one of the worst kept open secrets in Hollywood. Even I knew for years, and I'm neither in the US, nor the film industry.

It's only in the open now, because of a power play/ struggle. His brother helped with this, and only after Harvey Weinstein retired and was subsequently kicked off the board of his own company. If Weinstein were still the top dog, it wouldn't have made the news.

Hollywood is a disgusting cesspit, and this sadly only scratches the surface.
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4253 on: October 12, 2017, 12:58:08 AM »

5 minutes ago we had a quite strong earthquake. I'm waiting to see the richters. It's almost 2 am.

onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4254 on: October 12, 2017, 01:24:39 AM »

5 minutes ago we had a quite strong earthquake. I'm waiting to see the richters. It's almost 2 am.
5,2R relatively close to the island of Skyros!

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4255 on: October 12, 2017, 11:14:54 AM »

Magnitude 5.1, that is quite strong!  Shocked I hope everyone over there is ok!

I don't know what that is in Richter scale, same-ish...?  It's not commonly used anymore for medium and larger earthquakes because the moment magnitude scale is much more accurate. Richter scale describes stuff like "objects falling off the shelves" etc. But news sources often say 'Richter' when they mean moment magnitude so probably it's the same here. Anyway, seems to have been a big quake!

There's been a number of quite strong earthquakes around the world in the past few days. Here's a map where you can see the latest ones:

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

You can also zoom on different areas of the world.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:37:57 AM by Suzerain » Logged

Snarkle doing charity
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4256 on: October 12, 2017, 11:39:21 AM »

Magnitude 5.1, that is quite strong!  Shocked I hope everyone over there is ok!

I don't know what that is in Richter scale as it's not commonly used anymore for medium and larger earthquakes because the moment magnitude scale is much more accurate. Richter scale describes stuff like "objects falling off the shelves" etc.

There's been a number of quite strong earthquakes around the world in the past few days. Here's a map where you can see the latest ones:

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

You can also zoom on different areas of the world.
Nice site, thank you Suzerain! I didn't know about magnitude scale!
Thankfully, no damages were noticed in Skyros, Alonissos or any other area near by. I live in Athens and it was really strong. Almost 1/3 of the country was shaking last night.

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4257 on: October 13, 2017, 02:14:49 PM »

Another article about Weinstein.

http://www.news.com.au/li...3bc0e2ca5bf6369c844baf390

I looked around. The lover in me of great stories was amused now that I was safe. I called my mother in Australia and woke her up to tell her the story. I helped myself to the mini bar and had a drink. I remembered a new actor acquaintance I had met that week who was staying in the hotel and called reception. I was put through to his room and woke him up.

“It’s Zoe. Sorry to wake you but…”

“Don’t tell me. You’ve been Weinsteined?”

“How the f… ?”

“I was trying to warn you all night.” He said. “He does this to everyone. How do you think girls get parts in his movies?”
He went on to list a slew of female actors who he suggested had slept with Weinstein to get roles. He even mentioned an Oscar winning role and suggested that the lead actor had to spread her legs to get it. He told me that everyone in Hollywood knew and no one did anything to stop it.

“I missed it. I’m so stupid.”

“Do not go to sleep,” he warned. “Harvey doesn’t sleep. He will be back.”

And the scandal is spreading. Now they have found more influential men who do the same thing. Sickening.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:01:35 PM by Suzerain » Logged

Snarkle doing charity
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4258 on: October 13, 2017, 03:45:42 PM »

It's horrible. And I'm sure he is not the only one with this behaviour.

edit: and women are not the only victims, James Van Der Beek said he is also a victim of sexual harassment of powerfull men in Hollywood.

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4259 on: October 13, 2017, 04:05:27 PM »

I think this sort of thing has been going on for decades and decades. Here's an article from 2010 where they talk about the infamous "casting couch".

http://www.express.co.uk/...ood-s-dirty-little-secret

I noticed that Myleene Klass is talking about her experience in it but not naming her abuser. Only now she has said it was Harvey.

Snarkle doing charity
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: