Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 949943 times)
genegal43

Mini Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4395 on: February 08, 2018, 07:26:53 PM »

My cousins live in Florida (one in Sanford and the other in Cocoa Beach) and they've posted pictures of the end trails of the rocket.  It was cool to see!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4396 on: February 09, 2018, 03:05:01 AM »

But this, the actually newsworthy thing...?

... Most of them either didn't get it or didn't believe it happened.  Huh? Especially the Tesla Roadster in space raised eyebrows. People thought it was CGI and not actually a car in space headed for Mars.

I gave up...

It's still not clear to me how the photo of the car and 'driver' were taken. Haven't found anything about how the photo was taken. Do you know?

I'm sure the rest of the galaxy will be impressed with Elon's used automobile and the never-been-alive spaceman in the driver's seat. Blink
Do you think he left his automobile registration and insurance card in glovebox? Wink

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
genegal43

Mini Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4397 on: February 09, 2018, 03:09:04 AM »

... Most of them either didn't get it or didn't believe it happened.  Huh? Especially the Tesla Roadster in space raised eyebrows. People thought it was CGI and not actually a car in space headed for Mars.

I gave up...

It's still not clear to me how the photo of the car and 'driver' were taken. Haven't found anything about how the photo was taken. Do you know?

I'm sure the rest of the galaxy will be impressed with Elon's used automobile and the never-been-alive spaceman in the driver's seat. Blink
Do you think he left his automobile registration and insurance card in glovebox? Wink

That will be heck of a speeding ticket!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4398 on: February 09, 2018, 03:11:58 AM »

^ Never mind. My GF sent this link to me:

From Snopes.com
Is This Car Really in Space?
A series of images showing a Tesla Roadster looking down on earth from space are real.
TRUE

ORIGIN
If you were to ask us prior to 6 February 2018 if an image of an automobile in space was real, wed reply, with almost no hesitation, that the photograph was likely a fake. But after that date? Well, theres a chance that wed be looking at an authentic image of Tesla Roadster.

Balance of the story here: www.snopes.com/tesla-car-really-space/

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4399 on: February 09, 2018, 04:01:43 AM »

No, people would rather talk about the Kardashians...  Crap I tried to explain the whole Falcon Heavy thing to my friends and why it's a huge thing. Most of them either didn't get it or didn't believe it happened.  Huh? Especially the Tesla Roadster in space raised eyebrows. People thought it was CGI and not actually a car in space headed for Mars.

I gave up...

The middle clip of the boosters landing in unison still amazes me. Im not sure what to think of SpaceX tho and what the long term implications of a private sector company having this sort of power. I can see the benefits but I can also see it getting out of control and misused. Time will tell
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4400 on: February 09, 2018, 11:29:22 PM »

Did anyone else notice the change in page layout of the non-mobile version of Twitter today? Everything suddenly reverted back to previous layout.

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4401 on: February 12, 2018, 06:49:32 PM »

I found this site while searching for information that would help me pronounce a given name that I had never seen before.
Shows spelling, origin and audio file for pronunciation.
If you need to know how to pronounce a name go here!

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: