Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 313   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 1029002 times)
QueenE

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4635 on: October 10, 2018, 06:24:25 PM »

Thank you all so much!!! I didn't know I could love someone I just met! She is so precious. Babies are truly a blessing!! Smiley 
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4636 on: October 10, 2018, 06:36:21 PM »

I felt the same since my niece was born thirteen months ago  Grin  Hug

Your niece is going to have a fantastic Auntie Thumb up

Wardrobe mistress

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4637 on: October 10, 2018, 07:14:27 PM »

Congratulations to everyone.

I hope you live close by so you may spend many happy hours together.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4638 on: October 20, 2018, 11:26:41 PM »

Currently, 200.000 cranes are crossing Germany on their way from Sweden to south of France and Spain.
Today, it felt like 5.000 passed over our house. It's an incredible, amazing sight, the keep their typical V-formation,
and the noise is awesome.
This happens two times a year - you know that autumn is coming when they leave ... and you know that spring is imminent when they come back.

Here's a video, taken today in a village just 25 km away from us ...this must be the same ones I saw.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4_8Ipmy4nQY

And now imagine to have this sight for about 30 minutes - one group after the other coming. They usually take a rest in our area before they go on to Spain ... and they are fast, flying at a speed of 80 km/h.

I was doing some garden work, and ended up just standing still and staring into the sky in awe  .
Athena

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4639 on: October 21, 2018, 12:09:53 AM »

Thank you, Kaiserin - what a magnificent sight!

Star

anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4640 on: October 21, 2018, 12:12:43 AM »

Kaiserin, they heard about your fashion posts and wanted to check them out in person.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4641 on: October 21, 2018, 12:26:19 AM »

Well, the only stylish thing I wear while doing garden work is my Hunter boots ...

Thank you both  Beer
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4642 on: October 21, 2018, 12:47:53 AM »

Yes, you always have the best fashion tips. I always picture you as the most glamorous person.  Blush

Keep it up, I’m getting some great ideas!
And I hope the geese don’t land and start pooping everywhere  Grin
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #4643 on: October 21, 2018, 01:18:33 AM »

Currently, 200.000 cranes are crossing Germany on their way from Sweden to south of France and Spain.
Today, it felt like 5.000 passed over our house. It's an incredible, amazing sight, the keep their typical V-formation,
and the noise is awesome.
This happens two times a year - you know that autumn is coming when they leave ... and you know that spring is imminent when they come back.

Here's a video, taken today in a village just 25 km away from us ...this must be the same ones I saw.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4_8Ipmy4nQY

And now imagine to have this sight for about 30 minutes - one group after the other coming. They usually take a rest in our area before they go on to Spain ... and they are fast, flying at a speed of 80 km/h.

I was doing some garden work, and ended up just standing still and staring into the sky in awe  .

Wow.  Loved this.  Thank you.   Hug

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4644 on: October 23, 2018, 06:12:18 AM »

Proof humans ARE eating plastic: Experts find nine different types of microplastic in every sample taken from human guts with water bottles blamed as the source.

Sources could include the eating of fish or drinking of water from plastic bottles. The smallest microplastic particles are capable of entering the bloodstream. Research was a pilot study involving eight participants, each one kept a food diary for a week.

Campaigners said the scale of the plastic crisis meant it was ‘impossible’ for people to avoid eating, drinking and breathing in plastic – with potentially harmful effects. These include the risk of bacterial infections, introducing harmful chemicals to the body, irritating the gut lining, and affecting immune responses.

Lead researcher Dr Philipp Schwabl said: ‘This is the first study of its kind and confirms what we have long suspected – that plastics ultimately reach the human gut. Of particular concern is what this means to us, and especially patients with gastrointestinal diseases.

The smallest microplastic particles are capable of entering the bloodstream and lymphatic system and may even reach the liver.

‘Now that we have first evidence for microplastics inside humans, we need further research to understand what this means for human health.’

Hundreds of pieces of microplastics were found in every stool sample taken from people who took part in the study by the Medical University of Vienna.

Researchers from the university and the Environment Agency Austria monitored participants from the UK, Finland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Russia, and Austria. The results showed every sample tested positive for the presence of microplastics – with up to nine different types identified. The most common plastics were polypropylene and polyethylene-terephthalate (PET). Both are commonly found in food and drink packaging.

The research was a pilot study involving eight participants. Each one kept a food diary for a week before their samples were analysed in the laboratory.

The diaries showed all the participants had eaten food wrapped in plastic or drunk from plastic bottles. None of the participants was a vegetarian and six of them ate sea fish.

The microplastics found were between 50 and 500 micrometres in size. A human hair has a thickness of between 17 and 181 micrometres.

The Daily Mail is leading the calls to tackle the plastic pollution crisis, with campaigns that have stopped the use of tiny microplastic beads in cosmetics and resulted in the introduction of a plastic bag levy.

It is estimated that about 2 to 5 per cent of all plastic produced ends up in the sea, where it is consumed by fish and other marine creatures. Significant amounts of microplastics have been detected in tuna, lobster, shrimp and mussels.

A Mail investigation this year found that tiny plastic particles have become ‘part of the air we breathe’.

A laboratory study found airborne particles on every sample of fish from eight major supermarkets after they had been left on open-air counters.

It had been thought the risk to health was largely limited to eating fish from oceans polluted with plastic, but the study proved that microplastics are also in the air.

anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4645 on: October 23, 2018, 04:35:31 PM »

We have reached a dangerous tipping point.  On one side, moneyed oligarchs who deny that pollution is a problem and continue to pollute the planet, and on the other side is the humans and other organisms who suffer the consequences. It boggles my mind that the former group does not see that it also overlaps the latter.
genegal43

Medium Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4646 on: October 23, 2018, 04:39:14 PM »

I can believe that we end up ingesting plastics.  I should show this to an uncle who drinks a liter bottle of Coke-Cola a day because aluminum cans are bad for you...   Whistle

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
lothwen

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4647 on: October 28, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »

I am 17 weeks pregnant with my third child ( have a girl and a boy already) and we found out yesterday that we are having another boy  Banana
Hermione

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4648 on: October 28, 2018, 04:06:49 PM »

Congratulations  Star
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4649 on: October 28, 2018, 04:08:17 PM »

Congrats lothwen!! Cute

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 313   Go Up