Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 333   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 1118051 times)
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4845 on: April 14, 2019, 05:02:31 PM »

Earlier today, Frankfurt/Germany experienced on of the most spectacular bomb defusings ever:
A 250 kg WWII bomb, which was found in the river Main earlier this week during a divers exercise, was detonated underwater:

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4846 on: April 15, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »

Earlier today, Frankfurt/Germany experienced on of the most spectacular bomb defusings ever:
A 250 kg WWII bomb, which was found in the river Main earlier this week during a divers exercise, was detonated underwater:

Certainly interesting.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4847 on: April 15, 2019, 10:09:11 AM »

But in general it is a sweet guy. A though shell with a small heart.

Is that a Freudian slip or lost in translation from dutch? In english (and btw german!) one would call it a BIG heart.

One fault, and one lost in translation……

Fault -> as Rico is a person it has to be 'he' instead of 'it'.

Lost in translation -> In Dutch you have the expression "een klein hartje hebben" (oft in combo with someones appearance). As kind of a rule, we use it for people who behave very tough and violent (or look like this), but are actually very sweet or sensitive. If you translate this literally you are talking about a small heart (having a small heart). BTW it is also 2x times small in Dutch as it contains both 'klein' (small)  as the suffix 'je' (which also makes an item small).

Confusing enough, the Dutch als know the opposite expression: having a big heart. And in this case the contradiction is certainly not the opposite. In fact, with a big heart you are SO sweet and accommodating, that there is room in it for a lot of others. Yet there is a sort of difference in meaning; "Hij heeft een grote mond en een groot hart" does not quite work. And 'die vrouw doet zoveel voor anderen, ze heeft een klein hartje', does not touch the essence either.

It has to be: But in general he is a sweet guy. A though shell with a big heart.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4848 on: April 16, 2019, 10:05:31 PM »

Thanks for the Explanation, interesting isn't it? Almost like double minus makes it positive..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4849 on: April 16, 2019, 10:52:49 PM »

Thanks for the Explanation, interesting isn't it? Almost like double minus makes it positive..

Due to this kind of contact with others you come aware of some things you are very used to but a weird, strange for others
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4850 on: April 17, 2019, 07:10:02 PM »

An oval-shaped gemstone weighing more than 20 carats has been unveiled as the largest blue diamond to be discovered in Botswana.

What a wonderful color 

https://news.sky.com/stor...diamond-unveiled-11696365

QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4851 on: April 24, 2019, 02:23:44 PM »

An oval-shaped gemstone weighing more than 20 carats has been unveiled as the largest blue diamond to be discovered in Botswana.

What a wonderful color 

https://news.sky.com/stor...diamond-unveiled-11696365
Wow, that is a gorgeous colour. Beautiful. Thumb up
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4852 on: April 24, 2019, 05:15:21 PM »

I get almost all my braces off on July 9th.  There's three that have to stay on because the tooth is not turning the way it's supposed to.   Supercontent Jumping  But it's in the back so it won't be noticeable! 

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4853 on: April 24, 2019, 05:38:43 PM »

I get almost all my braces off on July 9th.  There's three that have to stay on because the tooth is not turning the way it's supposed to.   Supercontent Jumping  But it's in the back so it won't be noticeable! 

Congratulations. Jumping
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4854 on: May 01, 2019, 09:55:16 AM »

Today is the First of May... And traditionnaly everyone here is given and offers a bouquet of lilies-of-the-valley for luck and happines !

So dear RDishers please accept my contribution and Happy Premier Mai to you all Jumping Beer Champagne

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4855 on: May 01, 2019, 09:58:48 AM »

Oh, that's a nice tradition. Of course I'll join in.  Beer Champagne

Wishing you happiness and luck back.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4856 on: May 01, 2019, 09:59:48 AM »

That is beautiful, Elissa!
Sending luck and happiness back!

Having a beautiful day ahead of me ... public holiday = no work; all clear blue sky, temperature to raise to the low 20ies later = out in the garden!
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #4857 on: May 01, 2019, 01:15:56 PM »

Today is the First of May... And traditionnaly everyone here is given and offers a bouquet of lilies-of-the-valley for luck and happines !

So dear RDishers please accept my contribution and Happy Premier Mai to you all Jumping Beer Champagne

Joyeux Jour du Muguet Elissa!

They are my favourite flower (my wedding bouquet was just a huge bunch of muguets and their leaves). When I was a young girl my Dad and I would cycle to a small patch of them in the woods to pick a few for my mom in spring. My dream was to have a garden full of them. They are plentyful in the woods around my home, and I dug up some rhizomes and planted them in my garden. The place is now slowly being taken over by them. This spring, they're blooming early and last evening I suddenly noticed their scent coming from the flower beds. Paradise is real. At last.
Now I'll bring some inside and check them for 13 flowers for good luck!

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4858 on: May 01, 2019, 01:35:48 PM »

Joyeux Jour du Muguet Elissa!

They are my favourite flower (my wedding bouquet was just a huge bunch of muguets and their leaves). When I was a young girl my Dad and I would cycle to a small patch of them in the woods to pick a few for my mom in spring. My dream was to have a garden full of them. They are plentyful in the woods around my home, and I dug up some rhizomes and planted them in my garden. The place is now slowly being taken over by them. This spring, they're blooming early and last evening I suddenly noticed their scent coming from the flower beds. Paradise is real. At last.
Now I'll bring some inside and check them for 13 flowers for good luck!

I LOVE muguet too ! White flowers are my favorite ever: jasmine, lilies, freesias, arum lilies...you name it !

Your garden must be a paradise Pomme  Hug

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4859 on: May 01, 2019, 09:02:33 PM »

https://www.boredpanda.co...8mfXNsyUxvxSEvxtJfnH8yJc8

Woman and pet turtoise together for >50 years 🐢❤
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 333   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: