Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 1102374 times)
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #4935 on: August 10, 2019, 02:29:26 PM »

"Cast out by HIV
How hundreds of children have been infected"

https://www.telegraph.co....s/pakistans-hiv-outbreak/  Cry Thumb down

"More than 800 children in Pakistan face a potential death sentence after being infected with HIV."

One-by-one Irshad Khatoon points out the children in her family who have tested positive.

In the cramped brick compound she shares with five related families, 22 people have been told they have HIV. Seventeen of those are children.

None had ever heard of the virus before April, or knew how it could be caught. Now they know little more except they have a potentially deadly infection, must travel miles for medicine and their neighbours shun them.

“We had never seen such a disease. We had never heard of it,” the 43-year-old widow explains. Among her immediate family, she is infected with the virus that causes AIDS, as are her daughter and two grandchildren.

With the shock diagnosis, the family of rural labourers in a village outside Ratodero, near Larkana in Sindh province, have found themselves rejected by their neighbours.

“They don't shake hands with us, they don't talk to us, they don't mingle with us.

“The doctors told us not to segregate the children. But still because of fear, I am keeping their utensils separate from the others.”

The story is repeated in the nearby village of Thango Bozdar. There, 21 have tested positive, all but three of them children. As parents bring the children out to sit under a tree while the heat pushes 120F, some appear healthy and lively, while others, like Mohammad Ilyas, who leans weakly against his father's shoulder, appear emaciated and exhausted.

Only three months ago, this corner of southern Pakistan discovered it was harbouring an unprecedented HIV outbreak which has shocked the town and alarmed public health officials.

The outbreak is blamed on backstreet quack clinics and lax doctors spreading the virus among patients by reusing dirty needles. By the end of July the number of cases found was nudging 1,000 with 80 per cent of them children. The high proportion of children makes the outbreak unparalleled, health officials believe.

I didn't think I'll read something like that in 2019.  Crazy

leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #4936 on: August 10, 2019, 03:00:59 PM »

"Cast out by HIV

"More than 800 children in Pakistan face a potential death sentence after being infected with HIV."

One-by-one Irshad Khatoon points out the children in her family who have tested positive.

In the cramped brick compound she shares with five related families, 22 people have been told they have HIV. Seventeen of those are children.

None had ever heard of the virus before April, or knew how it could be caught. Now they know little more except they have a potentially deadly infection, must travel miles for medicine and their neighbours shun them.

“We had never seen such a disease. We had never heard of it,” the 43-year-old widow explains. Among her immediate family, she is infected with the virus that causes AIDS, as are her daughter and two grandchildren.

With the shock diagnosis, the family of rural labourers in a village outside Ratodero, near Larkana in Sindh province, have found themselves rejected by their neighbours.

“They don't shake hands with us, they don't talk to us, they don't mingle with us.

“The doctors told us not to segregate the children. But still because of fear, I am keeping their utensils separate from the others.”

The story is repeated in the nearby village of Thango Bozdar. There, 21 have tested positive, all but three of them children. As parents bring the children out to sit under a tree while the heat pushes 120F, some appear healthy and lively, while others, like Mohammad Ilyas, who leans weakly against his father's shoulder, appear emaciated and exhausted.

Only three months ago, this corner of southern Pakistan discovered it was harbouring an unprecedented HIV outbreak which has shocked the town and alarmed public health officials.

The outbreak is blamed on backstreet quack clinics and lax doctors spreading the virus among patients by reusing dirty needles. By the end of July the number of cases found was nudging 1,000 with 80 per cent of them children. The high proportion of children makes the outbreak unparalleled, health officials believe.

Good God, this is horrible.

Is there anything that can be done by us to help these people?
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4937 on: August 10, 2019, 04:33:17 PM »

"Cast out by HIV

Oh, that's bad. Wishing them all well.  Hug
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4938 on: August 10, 2019, 08:15:16 PM »

This is heartbreaking for parents. An entire generation infected.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #4939 on: August 11, 2019, 04:25:00 AM »

bleh deleted
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:11:10 AM by karma chamelion » Logged

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4940 on: August 11, 2019, 10:51:08 PM »

Unbelievable! It makes one wonder if it was pure stupidity or there was a purpose. I'm so very sorry for the kids ans their families and I wish he best of luck.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4941 on: August 12, 2019, 09:41:17 AM »

"Cast out by HIV

Oh, that's bad. Wishing them all well.  Hug

That is really bad... In current days HIV infection and AIDS are becoming more of a chronic disease, kept in with the use of spectrum medication (but still have to see if this stays this was). But as it are expensive medication and I expect it isn't easy available in this country  Cry
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4942 on: August 12, 2019, 10:42:13 AM »

Back street medics, tainted utensils and Humbug charlatans are the presence and the future of actually most of the world's inhabitants.
As the world's Population is rising to unparalleled proprotions, we cannot keep up with providing for billions of people and they will have to take their changes with unskilled, untrained people, charlatans, corrupt people, under-or no-equipped facilities and so on.
The current head count on this planet is about 7.7 billion people and estimations vary depending on several different factors*, however we can expect a population of about 8-9 billions by the end of the mid of our century.

*interestingly one of the factors is child fertility and birth or rather family control by infanticide or abortions on a far greater scale than we see today.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
jnozak

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4943 on: August 13, 2019, 05:36:46 AM »

I went to my mom's oncology appointment today and we finally got some good news. For reference, she has stage 3 ovarian cancer. She had many tumors, all over, and even had nodules on the base of her heart. She did 9 rounds of chemo, then had the big surgery in May : hysterectomy, tubes and ovaries removed, and tumors debulked, lost her spleen, belly button, and omentum. There was a 3cm tumor in the center of her pancreas. They couldn't do anything with it at the time, because it's very risky surgery and that is the worst spot for a tumor in the pancreas. So she started 9 more rounds of chemo after surgery, had some setbacks along the way, has lost a third of her body weight

Today, we found out that her CA125 levels (tumor markers in her blood) dropped 23 points in the three weeks since her last chemo, from 73 to 50 - under 46 will put her in no evidence of disease. The tumor in her pancreas has shrunk to 10mmx6mm - we're hoping to avoid surgery, as the chemo could still kill that tumor. The surgery is very risky, so if that bastard goes away with chemo, that would be a miracle. If she can stay out of the hospital after chemo (she keeps getting fever and abscesses), they'll give her two more treatments for the full second set of 9.

This has been the shittiest year ever, with one gut punch after another. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not really sure how to process good news. If you made it this far, thank you.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 06:00:23 AM by jnozak » Logged
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4944 on: August 13, 2019, 06:27:18 AM »

Sad to say I know the usual progress of this particular cancer. This is a stunning and hopeful turn of events. In the last 5 years I've heard of so many cases of remission when it wasn't so even 9 years ago. Hoping your mother will continue on her path to recovery. Must be a strong woman to have endured and come this far. Wishing you the strength to support her through this trial (and your own family if you have an SO and perhaps children). Also wishing that friends and family continue to offer strength, compassion and help to you. This is truly encouraging news for her, you and the family.
 Hug

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
jnozak

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4945 on: August 13, 2019, 06:55:47 AM »

Sad to say I know the usual progress of this particular cancer. This is a stunning and hopeful turn of events. In the last 5 years I've heard of so many cases of remission when it wasn't so even 9 years ago. Hoping your mother will continue on her path to recovery. Must be a strong woman to have endured and come this far. Wishing you the strength to support her through this trial (and your own family if you have an SO and perhaps children). Also wishing that friends and family continue to offer strength, compassion and help to you. This is truly encouraging news for her, you and the family.
 Hug

Thank you for the kind words! She is a tough lady. She has not had an easy life, from childhood on, but she is the nicest headstrong woman you'll even meet. Every one who meets her loves her. She says this not going to keep her from her goal to live to 105. She's 69 now, so has a way to go. We do have a good support system, and my work has been very accommodating. I have two kids, 11 and 14, and really don't want them to lose her so young.🤞
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4946 on: August 13, 2019, 07:28:13 AM »

The best wishes and all the strength to you, your family and especially your mother, jnozak. Hug
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #4947 on: August 13, 2019, 07:31:13 AM »

jnozak, very good news!!!!
I wish all the best for the upcoming treatments!!!

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4948 on: August 13, 2019, 09:49:52 AM »

I went to my mom's oncology appointment today and we finally got some good news. For reference, she has stage 3 ovarian cancer. She had many tumors, all over, and even had nodules on the base of her heart. She did 9 rounds of chemo, then had the big surgery in May : hysterectomy, tubes and ovaries removed, and tumors debulked, lost her spleen, belly button, and omentum. There was a 3cm tumor in the center of her pancreas. They couldn't do anything with it at the time, because it's very risky surgery and that is the worst spot for a tumor in the pancreas. So she started 9 more rounds of chemo after surgery, had some setbacks along the way, has lost a third of her body weight

Today, we found out that her CA125 levels (tumor markers in her blood) dropped 23 points in the three weeks since her last chemo, from 73 to 50 - under 46 will put her in no evidence of disease. The tumor in her pancreas has shrunk to 10mmx6mm - we're hoping to avoid surgery, as the chemo could still kill that tumor. The surgery is very risky, so if that bastard goes away with chemo, that would be a miracle. If she can stay out of the hospital after chemo (she keeps getting fever and abscesses), they'll give her two more treatments for the full second set of 9.

This has been the shittiest year ever, with one gut punch after another. I'm not kidding when I say I'm not really sure how to process good news. If you made it this far, thank you.

Whishing all the best!!  Hug
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #4949 on: August 14, 2019, 05:37:15 PM »

Best wishes to your mother, jnozak.
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: