Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 394   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 1490557 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #5625 on: September 20, 2021, 06:14:08 PM »

I bet you just had the loveliest time!

I did, and of course I had to channel my inner Hyacinth Bucket and buy a Highgrove tea towel. Highgrove holds a Christmas shopping and dining event which I really want to go to

Cool your jets, everyone
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5626 on: September 20, 2021, 06:35:25 PM »

Love the tea towel.

Has anyone been following the Gabby Petito case? I find it absolutely horrifying. She was traveling across the US with her fiance and disappeared. He was named a person of interest and has since disappeared. Now they believe they have found her remains.

She is only a year older than me. I can't believe her fiance would kill her, he is supposed to be the person she can trust the most. It definitely made me re-think my whole relationship with my (currently ex) boyfriend. I think it's good that I have a no contact order with him for 30 days.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #5627 on: September 20, 2021, 06:50:39 PM »

Love the tea towel.

Has anyone been following the Gabby Petito case? I find it absolutely horrifying. She was traveling across the US with her fiance and disappeared. He was named a person of interest and has since disappeared. Now they believe they have found her remains.

She is only a year older than me. I can't believe her fiance would kill her, he is supposed to be the person she can trust the most. It definitely made me re-think my whole relationship with my (currently ex) boyfriend. I think it's good that I have a no contact order with him for 30 days.

The fact that there was a report of domestic violence and Gabby was filmed distressed and crying and the police's advice was the couple spend the night apart. And then didn't talk to her fiancé after she went missing.

Cool your jets, everyone
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5628 on: September 20, 2021, 07:24:37 PM »

I find the whole thing really scary. I feel so bad for her family but at least they found her and have closure.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
jolene

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5629 on: September 20, 2021, 07:29:14 PM »

The Gabby Petito case breaks my heart. He seems to have been an abusive jerk. I know that doesn't make him a murderer, but if he is at fault, I want justice.

I'm also sad at the Norm MacDonald passing.  Cry
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #5630 on: September 20, 2021, 10:13:03 PM »

The Gabby Petito case breaks my heart. He seems to have been an abusive jerk. I know that doesn't make him a murderer, but if he is at fault, I want justice.

Poor girl.

It reminds me a bit of the case in South Africa a few years ago (can't think of the names now, but she was a model and he some sports man).
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #5631 on: September 20, 2021, 10:14:12 PM »

Love the tea towel.

People, who're in love are often not thinking clearly and killers often know how to turn people's blindness to their advantage.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5632 on: September 20, 2021, 10:22:27 PM »

People, who're in love are often not thinking clearly and killers often know how to turn people's blindness to their advantage.

Yes - it's really freaked me out. I'm glad I don't have contact with my ex right now.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #5633 on: September 20, 2021, 10:25:47 PM »

Yes - it's really freaked me out. I'm glad I don't have contact with my ex right now.

I do hope that he wouldn't have taken such extremes. Glad that you're ok.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5634 on: September 20, 2021, 10:40:00 PM »

I do hope that he wouldn't have taken such extremes. Glad that you're ok.

Thank you! As hard as it is, I've enforced a no contact for 30 days rule with him. 6 days down...

jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5635 on: September 20, 2021, 10:52:00 PM »

It was Oscar Pistorius and Reeva Steenkamp
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeva_Steenkamp
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #5636 on: September 20, 2021, 10:56:08 PM »

It was Oscar Pistorius and Reeva Steenkamp
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeva_Steenkamp

Thanks Thumb up
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5637 on: September 21, 2021, 03:56:08 PM »

On the other hand, at the police incident he presented with bruises and scratches and she admitted to hitting him.
I heard there was a phone-call indicating he had hit her, but the police officers didn't put anything like this into their report. Only that she had admitted to struggling with her mental health.
But I can imagine that a case of " too much closeness in cramped spaces" is a rather common phenomena with such long camping trips and I can imagine that the Police did not see any red flags. Sad, obviously in view of what happened only shortly after, but a crystal ball simply does not exist.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5638 on: September 21, 2021, 04:14:15 PM »

On the other hand, at the police incident he presented with bruises and scratches and she admitted to hitting him.
I heard there was a phone-call indicating he had hit her, but the police officers didn't put anything like this into their report. Only that she had admitted to struggling with her mental health.
But I can imagine that a case of " too much closeness in cramped spaces" is a rather common phenomena with such long camping trips and I can imagine that the Police did not see any red flags. Sad, obviously in view of what happened only shortly after, but a crystal ball simply does not exist.

I agree that the close quarters/long trip exacerbated the situation - police have to make recommendations based on what they are seeing in the moment. It did not help that Gabby was alone in a strange place with no one familiar but Brian.

I saw this earlier this morning. It's the first report I've seen of a female NP ranger talking to Gabby along with the Moab UT police:

https://nypost.com/2021/0...an-laundrie-seemed-toxic/

A National Park Service ranger who responded to a domestic incident between Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito in Utah last month warned the woman that her relationship with Laundrie seemed “toxic.”

“I was probably more candid with her than I should’ve been,” Melissa Hulls, the visitor and resource protection supervisor at Arches National Park, told the Deseret News in an interview about her conversation with Petito on Aug. 12.

By the time Hulls responded that day, Petito, 22, was sobbing in the back of a police cruiser, and the ranger approached her knowing that the Long Island native might be more comfortable speaking with a woman during the emotional ordeal.

“I was imploring with her to re-evaluate the relationship,” Hull told the newspaper, “asking her if she was happy in the relationship with him, and basically saying this was an opportunity for her to find another path, to make a change in her life.”

The audio contradicts a police report that portrayed Petito as the aggressor, stating at one point she “began slapping” him after he told her to take a walk to calm down.

An officer wrote “it was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female,” but later determined that “no one reported that the male struck the female.”

No charges were filed that day and the incident was classified by police as a “mental/emotional health break.”
The couple then reportedly agreed to spend the night separately.

“This wasn’t a good day for anybody. We thought we were making the right decision when we left them,” Hulls said in the interview.

“I wouldn’t have called (the relationship) unsafe. If we had any reason to think any one of them was in danger, we would’ve separated them,” she said.

Police bodycam footage of the incident has been released by the Moab City Police Department.

Hulls was also wearing a body camera, but said she has not looked over the footage.

“It’s hard not to second-guess myself, and wish I said more, or wish I had found the right words to make her believe that she deserved more,” Hulls said.

Petito was reported missing by her family on Sept. 11 after Laundrie, 23, returned to his Florida home without her 10 days earlier.

The FBI said Sunday that remains “consistent with the description” of Petito had been uncovered in Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5639 on: September 21, 2021, 05:39:46 PM »

That poor female ranger is going to feel guilt for the rest of her life, dodged by the 'what if' questions in her mind. I hope she seeks therapy and heals from this situation. It's likely that there's nothing she could have done - she couldn't have predicted just how dangerous this was going to turn.

Things can seem like they're cooled off and in less than a nanosecond, it turns on a dime. People are unpredictable. If you had asked me two months ago if I thought my boyfriend would have been physical with me, I probably would have been offended. I never saw it coming, personally.

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 394   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: