Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vincent & Josephine - BIRTHDAYS  (Read 33205 times)
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2016, 11:34:15 PM »

Thanks for the explanation Rogue.  Here in Australia, we do have different standards / laws about helmets.  We're raised to wear them because we're taught about the horrific nature of brain injuries from falls.  It's drummed into us from kindergarten: the little ones go to 'traffic school' where they are taught about road safety, the lights system and about always wearing a helmet when on a bike, skateboard, scooter et al.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 11:41:41 PM by freethespoon » Logged

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2016, 07:45:09 PM »

Thanks for the explanation Rogue.  Here in Australia, we do have different standards / laws about helmets.  We're raised to wear them because we're taught about the horrific nature of brain injuries from falls.  It's drummed into us from kindergarten: the little ones go to 'traffic school' where they are taught about road safety, the lights system and about always wearing a helmet when on a bike, skateboard, scooter et al.

Typically most kids wear helmets - at least when they're on their own bike or in a seat on an ordinary bike, but many loose the helmet when they grow up - some take it up again when they start biking with their kids, others don't. We have no laws about helmets btw.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2016, 03:47:11 PM »

@FTS , the attitudes are just simply different towards wearing a helmet it might be the same in Denmark ,i know it is here. I'm genuinely one of the few wearing an helmet around here (in my town) and people find it odd.

I guess in the Netherlands we are so used to riding a bike without wearing a helmet.  I have to confess I see more and more children wearing them. But these are mostly children on their own bike or on such a hang on bike (which can be connected to the rear of the parent bike). I can't remember I have see children in a so called 'Bakfiets' wearing a helmet.

Personally I only wear a helmet when riding a mountain bike, as the chance of falling etc. seems to be bigger.

BTW one of the hot issues currently in the Netherlands with regarding to biking are the lights. Well it is in my surroundings. In the dark winter and at night it is hard to see (if not impossible) to notice cyclists without (proper working) lights on time. Police increased the frequency of the so called light controls. Often located at sneaky locations were cyclists can't escape their check Wink Smiley In my hometown it is said the fine for riding without lights is about 60 euro.
lilyrose

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: January 19, 2016, 12:57:26 AM »

shouldn't Josephine get her bracelet from Daisy on her 5th birthday?

also next year it will be Athena's turn

I wanted to ask who started this tradition, but your first image link actually contained the explanation  Tongue

"http://Tradition dating back to Princess Margaret of Connaught, mother Queen Ingrid proclaims that every female member of her family who turned 5 would receive a gold bracelet. This tradition was kept by Margaret?s daughter Ingrid, Queen Consort of Denmark, and then by her eldest daughter, Margrethe"

It's a very sweet tradition! Reminds me of the Romanov tradition where the daughters received a necklace when they were born and got two pearls for every birthday until they turned 18 (or maybe 16?). I think the bracelet is a much more frugal idea.

Who are the women in the last picture on the top left? The blonde looks like it could be Theodora, but I'm not sure? I googled around a bit and found a blog that has more information. It looks like the Connaughts might've been the ones who started the tradition because it mentions that Margaret's younger sister also had a bracelet. Very nice read. http://www.thecourtjewell...aughts-gold-bracelet.html
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:04:49 AM by lilyrose » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: January 19, 2016, 05:12:57 AM »

The women in the top left are Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Theodora.  Nathalie the younger of Benedikte's two daughters.  Benedikte's older daughter is Princess Alexandra.  She's in the bottom left corner of those photos.
periwinkle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2016, 03:35:20 PM »

Nice tradition.
Flanagan

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2016, 12:56:15 AM »

The women in the top left are Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Theodora.  Nathalie the younger of Benedikte's two daughters.  Benedikte's older daughter is Princess Alexandra.  She's in the bottom left corner of those photos.

Pixie, did Mares not get one, or does she just not wear it (or am I blind?)  Secret
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2016, 01:23:21 AM »

Pixie, did Mares not get one, or does she just not wear it (or am I blind?)  Secret

No, Mares didn't get one, and neither did Marie, both are not born princesses of Denmark. If you look at those photos, all women are daughters, grand-daughters, great-grand-daughters of Princess Margaret of Connaught.

Flanagan

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2016, 01:31:08 AM »

No, Mares didn't get one, and neither did Marie, both are not born princesses of Denmark. If you look at those photos, all women are daughters, grand-daughters, great-grand-daughters of Princess Margaret of Connaught.

Thank you PeDe!   Champagne
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2016, 02:28:41 AM »

Thank you PeDe!   Champagne

you're most welcome  Champagne

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2016, 02:57:55 AM »

Mary has a similar bracelet that is by (of course) Marianne Dulong.  It's not an Ingrid bracelet, though.  It's probably just something Mosh told Dulong to make for her (and I doubt she paid). 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: