Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Sarah Chatto and family  (Read 4497 times)
Paulina

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2022, 05:56:06 AM »

If anyone is curious about her paintings (as I was!):

https://www.redfern-galle...e-paintings-and-works-on/

Her art is good! My style. One of them.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Paulina

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2022, 05:57:44 AM »

Hands down, my favorite royal wardrobe, too. She just looks like a nice person. Her husband and son are both easy on the eyes.

She must miss HLM very much. Sarah is probably more like her aunt than like her own mother and probably had a lot in common with her too.

Princess charlotte looks a LOT like Lady Chatto.

Just a small pickup, Paulina - she is Lady Sarah Chatto, not Lady Chatto. The latter would mean she wasn’t a Lady in her own right but only through marriage…

Ah, sloppy of me. I should know things like this having spent enough time on the board. Thanks.  Hug

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2022, 07:00:01 PM »

Hands down, my favorite royal wardrobe, too. She just looks like a nice person. Her husband and son are both easy on the eyes.

She must miss HLM very much. Sarah is probably more like her aunt than like her own mother and probably had a lot in common with her too.

Just a small pickup, Paulina - she is Lady Sarah Chatto, not Lady Chatto. The latter would mean she wasn’t a Lady in her own right but only through marriage…

Ah, sloppy of me. I should know things like this having spent enough time on the board. Thanks.  Hug

Or that she'd married a peer.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2022, 08:28:06 PM »

Wouldn’t she keep “Lady Sarah” no matter who she married? Is there an example of a born “Lady” being styled “Lady [surname]”? (I’m no expert!)
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2022, 01:22:37 PM »

She is my favourite royal. Very talented, very discreet, and she looks lovely and kind. She has found her own style and always looks elegant and understated. I wish I could afford to buy one of her paintings.
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2022, 04:42:36 PM »

Wouldn’t she keep “Lady Sarah” no matter who she married? Is there an example of a born “Lady” being styled “Lady [surname]”? (I’m no expert!)

No, if she married a lord, like the Earl of Shire, she'd be the Countess of Shire or Lady Shire. 
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2022, 04:59:46 PM »

She is my favourite royal. Very talented, very discreet, and she looks lovely and kind. She has found her own style and always looks elegant and understated. I wish I could afford to buy one of her paintings.

I agree she is wonderful. Kind of amazing that with distracted parents like theirs that she and David have lived productive and grounded lives. The power of strong family bonds no doubt.
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Black Pearl

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2022, 05:06:12 PM »

I agree she is wonderful. Kind of amazing that with distracted parents like theirs that she and David have lived productive and grounded lives. The power of strong family bonds no doubt.

Margaret and Antony's neglect was actually serendipitous for their children. They spent a good deal of time under the care of HLM and PP, and it served them well.

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” -- CS Lewis
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2023, 03:17:10 PM »

Lady Sarah and Daniel Chatto's son Arthur graduated from his Marine Corp. training on December 8, 2022. The Princess Royal was also in attendance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjcdvsagAlI

Very honoured to be present at the Royal Marines Young Officers Pass Out Parade, to welcome 44  new Royal Marines Officers and 1 San Marco Marine Brigade Officer into the Corps at CTCRM. VIP's in attendance were HRH Princess Royal, CGRM General Gwyn Jenkins, CB, OBE, ADC and Major General Julian Thompson, CB, OBE.

This is the largest RMYO Batch for 44 years and for the first time with a member of the Royal Family, Lt Arthur Chatto completing his training with his family also present, were Lady Sarah Chatto and Daniel Chatto. Congratulations to you all, fair winds and following seas.
SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2023, 03:45:20 PM »

Lady Sarah and Daniel Chatto's son Arthur graduated from his Marine Corp. training on December 8, 2022. The Princess Royal was also in attendance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjcdvsagAlI

Very honoured to be present at the Royal Marines Young Officers Pass Out Parade, to welcome 44  new Royal Marines Officers and 1 San Marco Marine Brigade Officer into the Corps at CTCRM. VIP's in attendance were HRH Princess Royal, CGRM General Gwyn Jenkins, CB, OBE, ADC and Major General Julian Thompson, CB, OBE.

This is the largest RMYO Batch for 44 years and for the first time with a member of the Royal Family, Lt Arthur Chatto completing his training with his family also present, were Lady Sarah Chatto and Daniel Chatto. Congratulations to you all, fair winds and following seas.

Congratulations Arthur!! Very sweet that Anne went too, I've always imagined her and Sarah to be quite similar in personality and therefore perhaps close. Is Anne godmother to Arthur or anything?
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2023, 09:24:34 PM »

I've searched and can't find  anything saying she is Arthur's godmother - but its not to say she isn't as there is no "official announcement" as such of his godparents.
It make me wonder though - perhaps it is no surprise Anne is close to Sarah and Sarah's family - despite the 14 year age gap, they are the only two women of their generation - Elizabeth and Margret's only daughters, both at Balmoral/Sandringham during the holidays, the royal cruises on Britannia etc. I can imagine they well have become close in some way and may well be the closest each has to a sister.  
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2023, 10:34:03 PM »

Possibly, and to add, at a certain point in your life, age is just a number and if two people click, it doesn't really matter if they are 10/15or even 20 years apart.
I can imagine them sharing a lot of character traits, both seem rather down to earth, no nonsense, both appear to be private, calm, unfazed and dedicated to their interests, neither seems a girly girl.
Sarah has a reputation of being a lovely person to be around, I can understand that Anne with her own rather boisterous family being drawn to this, esp. as both ladies seem to have more intelligence than the male members of their family.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: