Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra and Sebastian  (Read 38990 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2017, 08:03:48 PM »

I think that going to Sandhurst helped him grow up far more than his "university" years in the US and he might now be ready to get a job in Lux (maybe in the army since he would be qualified for such a job). Henri and MT look like happy, proud parents and I'm sure they both enjoyed the visit. They seem to be doing more things together lately and seem to be much happier than some months ago. It must have been a nice birthday present for MT to go there 3 days after her birthday and being able to spend some time with her youngest.
Royal Di

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2017, 10:12:27 PM »

Trier1 - I agree with you.  Henri and MT look very happy.  I notice that they are doing more engagements together.  This is good!

Sebastien looks like he's lost some weight!  King Abdallah posted a pic of his son, Prince Hussein, who also attends Sandringham.  The Luxembourg and Jordanian royal couples both attended a dinner this evening with their sons at the Military Academy.
http://www.noblesseetroya...nie-ouvre-compte-twitter/

I finally translated the interview with Sebastien from Maria Teresa's PdV birthday article last year.

Sebastien: Mama brightens a room the moment she enters it.  We laugh a lot with her.  She gets along incredibly well with my father, the love that they have for each other is palpable.  This make us all closer.  Mama always like to be where the action is.  She is the engine of the household.  I think of our reunions all together in the south of France at Cabasson.  My mother, like my father, has always stressed the importance of family, to stay close, to know that there will always be someone there to help us when we are no longer at home.  She is very demonstrative, always taking us into her arms, and gives us immense confidence.  My jokes make her scream with laughter, even when they are a little naughty.  I hope to continue to grow close to her.  May she have as much happiness as she gives us.  And she gives us a lot.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 10:17:52 PM by Royal Di » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2017, 10:28:36 PM »

Trier1 - I agree with you.  Henri and MT look very happy.  I notice that they are doing more engagements together.  This is good!

Sebastien looks like he's lost some weight!  King Abdallah posted a pic of his son, Prince Hussein, who also attends Sandringham.  The Luxembourg and Jordanian royal couples both attended a dinner this evening with their sons at the Military Academy.
http://www.noblesseetroya...nie-ouvre-compte-twitter/

I finally translated the interview with Sebastien from Maria Teresa's PdV birthday article last year.

Sebastien: Mama brightens a room the moment she enters it.  We laugh a lot with her.  She gets along incredibly well with my father, the love that they have for each other is palpable.  This make us all closer.  Mama always like to be where the action is.  She is the engine of the household.  I think of our reunions all together in the south of France at Cabasson.  My mother, like my father, has always stressed the importance of family, to stay close, to know that there will always be someone there to help us when we are no longer at home.  She is very demonstrative, always taking us into her arms, and gives us immense confidence.  My jokes make her scream with laughter, even when they are a little naughty.  I hope to continue to grow close to her.  May she have as much happiness as she gives us.  And she gives us a lot.

I don't know if something is lost in translation, but what a weird thing to say.  It's also odd how he calls her "mama", especially when talking with a reporter. 
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2017, 11:18:51 PM »

IMO, this is the least akward looking son at the moment. I've just compared him with his brothers, not with his dad. The eyes come from Henri's side, his eyes look a bit similar to Sebastien's eyes. I still think it is the inbreeding on Henri's side of the family that finally shows  Secret.

Josephine Charlotte had narrowed eyes.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2017, 11:27:37 PM »

IMO, this is the least akward looking son at the moment. I've just compared him with his brothers, not with his dad. The eyes come from Henri's side, his eyes look a bit similar to Sebastien's eyes. I still think it is the inbreeding on Henri's side of the family that finally shows  Secret.

Indeed!

Wondering from which side of the family she had them (the Belgian or the Swedish side)
Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2017, 02:43:23 AM »

Indeed!

Wondering from which side of the family she had them (the Belgian or the Swedish side)

Her parents were very good looking but didn't have those type of eyes

rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2017, 04:53:40 AM »

I think those narrow eyes go way back on the Belgian side. Archduchess Stephanie, who married the Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria, seems to have them in some photos, so does her father Leopold II. Maybe his brother, whom the modern Belgian royal family is descended from, also had them. It's an unfortunate feature.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2017, 09:35:03 AM »

Stephanie

Leopold II

Albert II, nephew of Leopold II who succeeded his uncle (and of whom the modern Belgian family descends)

Prince Philippe (brother of Leopold II & father of Albert I)

Perhaps they eyes entered through princess Marie of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen (wife of prince Philippe & mother of Albert II)

rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2017, 03:01:50 PM »

I think you're right. Although Stephanie does look squinty-eyed in some photos Princess Marie's eyes do look small and definitely  have that downward slope. The inheritance from great-grandma!
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Princess Gollumina wants her precioussss

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2017, 03:53:57 PM »

About those eyes... Far-fetched but I'm always reminded of their ancestor Athenais de Rochechouart de Mortemart, Marquise of Montespan. Every single painting of her has similar eyes.

I read something about her long time ago, I think it was a book by Nancy Mitford called Sun King. I can't remember what they said of her looks and family traits, I wish I had the book here with me. Something about their quick wit I think and evil sense of humour.

The Rally Prince driving (yes, it's really him)...
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2017, 02:02:26 PM »

Alexandra attended the wedding of Charles Astor and Eliane de Mérode earlier this summer

Gilmourgirl

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2017, 07:24:20 PM »

Indeed!

Her parents were very good looking but didn't have those type of eyes

Everytime I see a photo of Astrid it strikes me how much Princess Elisabeth resembles her.

As for the eyes; I think they come from Leopold. At least it looks like it from the pic above.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »

Sebastien is back in Lux and is now officially a member of the Lux army. He was sworn in as an officer of the Lux army today. So he seems to be the one kid that has an actual job  Thumb up.

Phina

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2017, 03:13:17 PM »

Sebastien is back in Lux and is now officially a member of the Lux army. He was sworn in as an officer of the Lux army today. So he seems to be the one kid that has an actual job  Thumb up.

Good to see this, thanks Trier.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2017, 03:16:42 PM »

Considering how chubby he looks, I am guessing he's doing some kind of desk work Thinking
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: