Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 402920 times)
Nappyolean

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1890 on: March 26, 2020, 07:25:22 AM »

I donít think Kate would want to be Regent. She definitely wants a supportive role, at best. If Kate could chuck the whole thing, live in Norfolk with the kids, attend events as needed with William, I bet she would. She doesnít seem to be motivated to go above and beyond in her role. I canít at all fathom her meeting with prime ministers, receiving world leaders, doing the work involved in meeting with them. I donít mean this as a criticism toward Kate, either. I just think that is who she is.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1891 on: March 26, 2020, 07:29:13 AM »

According to the BBC, they definitely didnít arrive in Scotland till Sunday, after the requests not to travel, and he was tested by the NHS:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52033845

I hope he makes a full recovery, as I would do for anyone with the virus, but there are double standards in play here.
Definitely agree with this. Definitely double standards. We hope he makes a full recovery but he was tested by our underfunded and overstretched NHS (when he could afford to pay) and he broke the plea NOT to leave London (which has a higher rate of cases) to go to second homes (or third or fourth or fifth in his case.) There are fewer hospitals in these areas as well as the risk of him bringing the infection in. He may be in an isolated castle but he DOES come into contact with people. Hs staff support his royal office work, prepare his food, clothes, run his baths, chauffeur him etc etc

and toothpaste on his toothbrush

According to information given he is not in direct contact with staff (or Cams).

Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #1892 on: March 26, 2020, 08:41:12 AM »

Shows that no one is safe from the covid-19 virus. Wish him good recovery, just like to everyone else who suffer because of this awful virus.
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1893 on: March 26, 2020, 11:00:42 AM »

According to the BBC, they definitely didnít arrive in Scotland till Sunday, after the requests not to travel, and he was tested by the NHS:

I hope he makes a full recovery, as I would do for anyone with the virus, but there are double standards in play here.

Itís unjust and unfair but him getting tested is little different than Angela Merkel or the Danish PM or DT being tested. If he died because his illness wasnít detected earlier it would have consequences for lots of things beyond just his family, that just how it is.

Maybe, but health workers in my country are not being tested , only those with symptoms have been : 12% of ALL  our health workers have tested positive. If more of them test positive ,we are lost.

Which is indeed unfair and unjust. But Charles getting tested (and he is infected so it was not without reason) isnít different from Angela Merkel getting tester or Prince Albert or Letizia or the Danish PM or Donald Trump or, I am 100% certain, plenty of ministers and officials everywhere even though tests should obviously be prioritised for those really in the frontline. Itís not because of Charles that doctors and nurses arenít getting tested.
Of course, I understand. But the situation here is dramatic. I hope this comes to an end soon for both royals and non-royals everywhere.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1894 on: March 26, 2020, 11:05:31 AM »

The UK went into real lockdown Monday night (only essential travel to work, shops, help vulnerable people) I wonder if maybe the Royals had been given a heads up and Charles and Cams were hoping to get to Scotland before the Monday announcement, indeed they would have managed to do so without much attention had Charles not tested positive.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1895 on: March 26, 2020, 11:12:45 AM »

Itís unjust and unfair but him getting tested is little different than Angela Merkel or the Danish PM or DT being tested. If he died because his illness wasnít detected earlier it would have consequences for lots of things beyond just his family, that just how it is.

Maybe, but health workers in my country are not being tested , only those with symptoms have been : 12% of ALL  our health workers have tested positive. If more of them test positive ,we are lost.

Which is indeed unfair and unjust. But Charles getting tested (and he is infected so it was not without reason) isnít different from Angela Merkel getting tester or Prince Albert or Letizia or the Danish PM or Donald Trump or, I am 100% certain, plenty of ministers and officials everywhere even though tests should obviously be prioritised for those really in the frontline. Itís not because of Charles that doctors and nurses arenít getting tested.
Of course, I understand. But the situation here is dramatic. I hope this comes to an end soon for both royals and non-royals everywhere.

Hoping and wishing the same. The news from Spain and Italy are dreadful  Sad Hug
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1896 on: March 26, 2020, 01:45:08 PM »

Speaking as someone who fervently hopes that Britain will be a republic in my lifetime:

1. I hope Charles gets better soon
2. Charles isn't personally responsible for how testing kits are deployed
3. Morally, Charles's life is worth the same as everyone else's, but that's not how the world works and allowances will be made to keep him and other royals safe
4. People cheering his diagnosis (or worse) on social media are scumbags who need to get out more, once the lock down is over.

#stayhomesavelives
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1897 on: March 26, 2020, 02:07:06 PM »

Speaking as someone who fervently hopes that Britain will be a republic in my lifetime:

1. I hope Charles gets better soon
2. Charles isn't personally responsible for how testing kits are deployed
3. Morally, Charles's life is worth the same as everyone else's, but that's not how the world works and allowances will be made to keep him and other royals safe
4. People cheering his diagnosis (or worse) on social media are scumbags who need to get out more, once the lock down is over.

All of this.  I might add that on the moral list of who should be tested, he goes up on virtue of the sheer numbers of people he meets and who need to know they may have been exposed by meeting him.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:34:57 PM by perdie » Logged
LadyBunion

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1898 on: March 26, 2020, 02:19:10 PM »

and at least people will KNOW they have met him in the last 14 days, unlike knowing you have been in contact with other people who know have the disease
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1899 on: March 26, 2020, 02:42:07 PM »

and at least people will KNOW they have met him in the last 14 days, unlike knowing you have been in contact with other people who know have the disease

In the US if you've been in contact with anyone positive and have any symptoms you go higher on the list.  As PC met with multiple people who have since been positive it's not surprising that he was able to be tested.
Nappyolean

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1900 on: March 26, 2020, 03:16:50 PM »

Charles has over 100 people on his staff. Most go home each night to their families, I think itís important Charles was tested.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1901 on: March 26, 2020, 03:28:20 PM »

our sole County Commissioner has asked to be "allowed" to shut down (visitors/tourists not be allowed in ) ---he is STILL waiting for a call back from our state Gov...............................good idea as all the bars and restaurants are self-close .........bet he will do it...hopefully.......we only have one grocery store that is really trying very hard to meet the residents needs....they just do not have the employees (that are still wanting towork) and the food supplies that are slowly coming in....big shortage of toliet paper still
LadyBunion

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1902 on: March 26, 2020, 03:31:04 PM »

our sole County Commissioner has asked to be "allowed" to shut down (visitors/tourists not be allowed in ) ---he is STILL waiting for a call back from our state Gov...............................good idea as all the bars and restaurants are self-close .........bet he will do it...hopefully.......we only have one grocery store that is really trying very hard to meet the residents needs....they just do not have the employees (that are still wanting towork) and the food supplies that are slowly coming in....big shortage of toliet paper still

Not just the UK that had chaos over loo rolls   Roll Eyes actually no shortage, just tons of it in bathroom cupboards now
Sops2

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1903 on: March 26, 2020, 04:56:52 PM »

There's a lot of locals in Braemar and Ballater furious that people from his protection squad and entourage have been in the local shops and have brought the virus with them.
There are reports that up to 6 of the party have the virus.
Many Scots are venting their wrath at such folly on twitter.
I was so angry at this I emailed his office to complain- and got this reply- my email has not even been forwarded, and I can't find any other way of contact other than by letter.

""

am on a secondment and will return to The Royal Household in September 2020.

Your email has not been forwarded. If you have an urgent media query about The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall please contact the Duty Communications Secretary on 020 7024 5832

Kind regards
Mrs Eva Omaghomi-Williams L.V.O, Deputy Communications Secretary to The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall.""

ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1904 on: March 26, 2020, 05:40:54 PM »

This was exactly why the government told people not to visit their holiday homes, they are usually in places with fewer NHS facilities close by or facilities that will only just about be able to cope with local residents getting the virus never mind lots of rich Londoners coming back to their holiday homes to try escape it and almost certainly bringing Covid 19 with them.

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: