Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 451276 times)
karma chamelion

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2115 on: July 22, 2020, 10:45:13 PM »

Charles and Camilla are currently on a 3-day visit to Devon and Cornwall

At first glance I thought Camilla was wearing tan knee high boots. Her legs are practically the same colour as her shoes.

Yeah, I'm iffy on the shoes but love every other detail of what she wore and she makes it work together. Good foundation garments make such a difference, glad she's gotten on board with that. Charles looks like a sly rascal. Love this photo.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2116 on: July 22, 2020, 11:37:36 PM »

Charles definitely has a twinkle in his eye that just seems like a standard character trait with him and adds to his charm.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2117 on: July 23, 2020, 01:27:53 PM »

The scenery is just breath-taking

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #2118 on: July 23, 2020, 01:39:44 PM »

LOVE the scenery.  Looks like they had a perfect day weather-wise.

It was always a dream of mine to visit Cornwall.  I know all the royals must get very tired on (and of) official trips, but seeing beautiful places like this must surely be compensation.

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2119 on: July 23, 2020, 05:16:50 PM »

LOVE the scenery.  Looks like they had a perfect day weather-wise.

It was always a dream of mine to visit Cornwall.  I know all the royals must get very tired on (and of) official trips, but seeing beautiful places like this must surely be compensation.

A little tip for you for if and when you do visit; a lot of places in Cornwall are National Trust. If you buy a membership before visiting you get into a lot of places for free using your membership. This applies to nature areas and coasts too. There's country houses, a lot of mining places (if you like Poldark I think there's something for you to see themed with that too), and even St Michaels Mount is National Trust  Smiley
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #2120 on: July 23, 2020, 07:38:51 PM »

Loved Poldark! - not the new version though.  The older one, with Robin Ellis Lolipop
Love the books, too. 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2121 on: July 24, 2020, 01:59:55 AM »

Loved Poldark! - not the new version though.  The older one, with Robin Ellis Lolipop
Love the books, too. 

I've got to fess up and be honest, I've never seen anything related to Poldark! For saying how much I love royals and history I'm not a huge fan of period dramas! One of my best friends is obsessed with Poldark (or to be more precise, the body of the main guy) and I know that the Cornish tourist board have gone big on it in recent years due to some of the new series being filmed there.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2122 on: July 28, 2020, 03:27:48 PM »

The Duchess of Cornwall paid a visit to the National Gallery to meet staff involved in the reopening process. Nice coat/mask combo

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2123 on: August 14, 2020, 09:59:34 PM »

Prince Charles visited the site of the Aberdeenshire train derailment: https://www.hellomagazine...nehaven-train-derailment/

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2124 on: August 15, 2020, 11:26:57 AM »

Yeah, I'm iffy on the shoes but love every other detail of what she wore and she makes it work together. Good foundation garments make such a difference, glad she's gotten on board with that. Charles looks like a sly rascal. Love this photo.
[/quote]

soory to disagree...but cams needs a petty coat or a slip...I can see her knicker line under her frock

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2125 on: August 18, 2020, 09:01:45 PM »

A sign of things to come: https://www.independent.c...c-farm-king-a9676091.html

Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2126 on: August 18, 2020, 09:36:15 PM »

A wise decision on his part. It is important that the farm remain organic and continue to provide produce for the Duchy brand. Charles can keep his hand in at Sandringham.

I'm going to touch on something else in the article that hit a nerve - which is this blather from one of the actors in the Crown series -

The news comes after the actor Josh O’Connor, who plays the Prince of Wales in the hit Netflix series The Crown, said that he believes Charles “has no purpose” until he becomes king.

Speaking to Esquire UK about Charles’ role in the royal family, O’Connor said: “The question of having to wait for your mum to die in order for your life to have meaning, and what that means for a young man. It’s just bizarre.

“Charles doesn’t necessarily want power, but until she dies, what the hell is he doing? What is his existence? He has no purpose.”

Horse hockey and balderdash. I'm sorry if this is anyone's favorite actor but I question his intelligence. This is why I am not a fan of the Crown.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2127 on: August 18, 2020, 10:40:44 PM »

I'm not surprised Charles is giving up Home farm, its a sensible step as his duties step up (in terms of doing more behind scenes almost a de facto sovereign) and as he takes on Sandringham's estate. He does seem to have been spending more time at Sandringham IMO. I wonder if in time he'll give up Highgrove itself.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2128 on: August 18, 2020, 10:42:05 PM »

A wise decision on his part. It is important that the farm remain organic and continue to provide produce for the Duchy brand. Charles can keep his hand in at Sandringham.

I'm going to touch on something else in the article that hit a nerve - which is this blather from one of the actors in the Crown series -

The news comes after the actor Josh O’Connor, who plays the Prince of Wales in the hit Netflix series The Crown, said that he believes Charles “has no purpose” until he becomes king.

Speaking to Esquire UK about Charles’ role in the royal family, O’Connor said: “The question of having to wait for your mum to die in order for your life to have meaning, and what that means for a young man. It’s just bizarre.

“Charles doesn’t necessarily want power, but until she dies, what the hell is he doing? What is his existence? He has no purpose.”

Horse hockey and balderdash. I'm sorry if this is anyone's favorite actor but I question his intelligence. This is why I am not a fan of the Crown.

Charles has always been a very good landlord so my guess would be the "new, non-royal tenant" is someone who has been subleasing &/or managing the farm for years.

Josh O’Connor is no expert on anything and he sounds ridiculous. Ah the brashness of youth.

karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2129 on: August 18, 2020, 10:50:08 PM »

I'm not surprised Charles is giving up Home farm, its a sensible step as his duties step up (in terms of doing more behind scenes almost a de facto sovereign) and as he takes on Sandringham's estate. He does seem to have been spending more time at Sandringham IMO. I wonder if in time he'll give up Highgrove itself.

I hope he keeps it as a bolthole, all the kings have had one. He'll have Sandringham of course but he's so comfortable at Highgrove it wouldn't be the same. What do you think would happen to Highgrove if he did decide to let it go? I don't think his sons would be interested...
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: