Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 457139 times)
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2130 on: August 18, 2020, 11:00:41 PM »

I'm not surprised Charles is giving up Home farm, its a sensible step as his duties step up (in terms of doing more behind scenes almost a de facto sovereign) and as he takes on Sandringham's estate. He does seem to have been spending more time at Sandringham IMO. I wonder if in time he'll give up Highgrove itself.

I hope he keeps it as a bolthole, all the kings have had one. He'll have Sandringham of course but he's so comfortable at Highgrove it wouldn't be the same. What do you think would happen to Highgrove if he did decide to let it go? I don't think his sons would be interested...
Years ago I believe the plan was for Harry to have Highgrove as William will inherit Balmoral and Sandringham, as well as the use of Windsor etc., but now... god knows.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2131 on: August 18, 2020, 11:01:12 PM »

A wise decision on his part. It is important that the farm remain organic and continue to provide produce for the Duchy brand. Charles can keep his hand in at Sandringham.

I'm going to touch on something else in the article that hit a nerve - which is this blather from one of the actors in the Crown series -

The news comes after the actor Josh O’Connor, who plays the Prince of Wales in the hit Netflix series The Crown, said that he believes Charles “has no purpose” until he becomes king.

Speaking to Esquire UK about Charles’ role in the royal family, O’Connor said: “The question of having to wait for your mum to die in order for your life to have meaning, and what that means for a young man. It’s just bizarre.

“Charles doesn’t necessarily want power, but until she dies, what the hell is he doing? What is his existence? He has no purpose.”

Horse hockey and balderdash. I'm sorry if this is anyone's favorite actor but I question his intelligence. This is why I am not a fan of the Crown.

RE: Josh O'Connor, I think this was how he got into character for PoW. Looking at what he said, it seem he may have used PoW's understandable ambivalence to the reality of the succession as the key to getting into the mind-set of PoW.

I personally don't think this is a good exercise or mind-set for the character as he seems to be broad brushing some known aspects of PoW's personality i.e. the introspection and propensity for self-pity and doesn;t allow for a nuanced view of the full character of PoW.

This is a rather two-dimensional view of the PoW and I don't think it will make for compelling acting.
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2132 on: August 18, 2020, 11:43:49 PM »

I feel like I asked this before but I cannot find it in my posts, what is the name of the country home Charles was (or is) remodeling on his estate that he first offered to W+K but said no to for Anmer then to H+M and they said no as well for Frogmore?
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2133 on: August 19, 2020, 12:11:43 AM »

Highgrove was purchased by the Duchy, so it's not something that Charles can pass on to his descendants. I don't know what ramifications this has for use by Charles once he becomes King - I don't think Will would begrudge him the use of the house if he still wants to go there. That is unless there are specific plans already put in place for when Charles ascends the throne.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2134 on: August 19, 2020, 12:23:12 AM »

IIRC Charles has a lifetime lease on Highgrove House so it may be a non issue for sometime.  I never really understood the Harry will get it thing being that Charles isn’t the owner and has a lifetime lease...but whatever.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #2135 on: August 19, 2020, 12:27:41 AM »

I feel like I asked this before but I cannot find it in my posts, what is the name of the country home Charles was (or is) remodeling on his estate that he first offered to W+K but said no to for Anmer then to H+M and they said no as well for Frogmore?
It's in Herefordshire, IIRC.
https://www.dailymail.co....lliam-Kates-lovenest.html
Revealed: The renovated estate that was meant to be Prince William and Kate's lovenest
The Harewood Park estate near Ross on Wye was acquired by Prince Charles' Duchy of Cornwall in 2000 and work on the massive renovation began three years later.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2136 on: August 19, 2020, 01:44:46 AM »

Revealed: The renovated estate that was meant to be Prince William and Kate's lovenest
The Harewood Park estate near Ross on Wye was acquired by Prince Charles' Duchy of Cornwall in 2000 and work on the massive renovation began three years later.
I personally would rather Anmer Hall myself. But Molotov Mayhem and Froggy, "Who long for a private life" could have saved 14 million.

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2137 on: August 19, 2020, 04:39:51 AM »

I agree Leatherhead I believe he said that talking about his role on the crown
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #2138 on: August 19, 2020, 02:50:40 PM »

I personally would rather Anmer Hall myself. But Molotov Mayhem and Froggy, "Who long for a private life" could have saved 14 million.
Update: The buildings shown are just those restored. The mansion, for which plans have been approved, hasn't been built yet.
https://www.dailymail.co....-English-countryside.html
For this Roman-style mini-palace based on a triumphal arch, the Prince and his architect have gone back 2,000 years for inspiration, creating a monument of which the emperors Nero and Augustus would be proud.

An empty plot at Harewood End, near Ross-on-Wye, awaits the construction of the house, to be built lavishly in local sandstone, and featuring classical figures adorning sculptured panels, ornate bronze windows, and a mighty pillared hall graced with a languidly curved staircase.

Beer DoV: a mini-palace with all the privacy in the world, eco-friendly, building materials sustainably sourced and nary a penny out of pocket.

Some of its eco-friendly features.
The whole place sits on a 300-acre estate, close to the River Wye. And there is a ‘green’ theme running through the planned house — with solar panels on the roof for heating water, and an eco-friendly reed-bed sewage system.

The all important question: would the sewage system have the capacity for 16 loos used simultaneously?  Thinking
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 03:16:32 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2139 on: August 23, 2020, 06:22:37 PM »

Prince Charles is selling 400 jars of Highgrove Honey to benefit his charities. They are going for 25 pounds each. These are his hives. They took a year to build and were a gift from Fortnum and Mason. I suspect they hoped he would sell his honey with them, like Camilla is,but he's doing it from his own website.

https://www.dailymail.co....te-costs-25-350g-jar.html
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2140 on: September 08, 2020, 07:50:13 PM »

https://www.newmyroyals.c...cornwall-visited-1st.html

And, remember the discussion over the handbag?
https://www.usmagazine.co...han-markles-handbag-pics/
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2141 on: September 15, 2020, 01:53:26 PM »

To the Prince of Wales on a special day in his life.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2142 on: September 15, 2020, 02:35:51 PM »

To the Prince of Wales on a special day in his life.

And to happier returns of the day! Champagne
CrownJewel70

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Loving the Royals since 1970 :)

Ignore
« Reply #2143 on: September 15, 2020, 09:14:20 PM »

Prince Charles is selling 400 jars of Highgrove Honey to benefit his charities. They are going for 25 pounds each. These are his hives. They took a year to build and were a gift from Fortnum and Mason. I suspect they hoped he would sell his honey with them, like Camilla is,but he's doing it from his own website.

https://www.dailymail.co....te-costs-25-350g-jar.html

Now THATS what I call a bee hive, haha
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2144 on: October 05, 2020, 06:01:52 PM »

Those are the poshest beehives I've ever seen!

https://www.hellomagazine...ve-house-photos-inside/1/

Lots of pictures of Highgrove, both before and after Charles/the Duchy purchased and refurbished the house and grounds.

Pictures sometimes include the inhabitants, but not always.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: