Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 148   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 487854 times)
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2145 on: November 08, 2020, 12:47:05 AM »

Tonight C&C attended the Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall. A little different from other years, but it was a beautiful ceremony, and the speeches both made gave me goosebumps.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2146 on: November 10, 2020, 07:27:02 PM »

The PoW and Duchess of Cornwall are traveling to Germany to participate in the National Day of Mourning on Nov. 15, 2020. Visit is at the request of the UK's Foreign Office and Germany's President to mark 75 years of friendship between the two nations since the end of WWII.
https://royalcentral.co.u...ations-in-germany-152353/

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will visit Germany on Sunday 15th November to commemorate the country’s National Day of Mourning.

Their Royal Highnesses will will attend the Central Remembrance Ceremony in Berlin to commemorate the occasion 75 years on from the end of the Second World War.

This visit will mark an important moment in the Anglo-German relationship as Charles and Camilla will become the first members of The Royal Family to ever take part in Remembrance commemorations on German soil.

The visit is being undertaken at the request of the British Government following an invitation from the President of Germany, Frank-Walter Steinmeier.

During their visit, the royal couple will also attend the wreath-laying ceremony at the Neue Wache Memorial.

Their Royal Highnesses will then join the Central Remembrance Ceremony at the German parliament, where Prince Charles will deliver a speech.

The National Day of Mourning will this year focus on the German- British friendship, which has grown in the 75 years since the end of the Second World War.

The event pays tribute to the Allied commitment to the liberation from Nazi occupation and to the reconstruction, re-democratisation and subsequent reunification of Germany. It remembers all victims of war and tyranny.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2147 on: November 12, 2020, 02:07:15 PM »

Oh please, they couldn't simple cancel it? I know that remembrance is important.
But the lockdowns and the new cases are brutal and I don't particularly see any necessity of a state occassion with many many politicians and celebrities present when everybody else is preparing for a very lonely christmas.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
maddie

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2148 on: November 12, 2020, 02:41:00 PM »

Oh please, they couldn't simple cancel it? I know that remembrance is important.
But the lockdowns and the new cases are brutal and I don't particularly see any necessity of a state occassion with many many politicians and celebrities present when everybody else is preparing for a very lonely christmas.

Star I agree, fairy. I think that the health and safety of others is much more important.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2149 on: November 12, 2020, 06:21:16 PM »

Are they in control of these things? If the Foreign Office says jump don't they have to say how high?
Pulsatilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2150 on: November 12, 2020, 06:32:03 PM »

So very true and utterly thoughtless of both the German and the British governments. It reeks very much of do what I say, not what I do.
The wrath could have been laid down by the UK ambassador and Charles could have given his speech live via video.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2151 on: November 13, 2020, 08:55:36 AM »

Plus to be fair, the end of WWII is very low on everybody's agenda.
Germany is obviously remembering the tragedies of the NS-Regime victims, and with the increasing animosities against jews (from the extreme right and the lefts, who have always been pro Palastina and of course the extreme muslims themselves) Germany is very keen to commemorate any such event. But there have been so many commemorations of the victims, there has never been any of the fallen soldiers and the families.
And right now, with everybody concerned about the lockdown consequences a state event with everybody who thinks he/she is important trying to get their mugshots in to the yellow press seems extremely unnecessary.
I doubt it will get any attention at all among the main Population...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2152 on: November 14, 2020, 12:06:16 PM »

A very happy 72nd birthday to Prince Charles.  Jumping Jumping

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2153 on: November 14, 2020, 12:56:42 PM »

A very happy 72nd birthday to Prince Charles.  Jumping Jumping

Yes, happy 72nd, Charles!   Jumping  

And contrats to you on your 3000 posts, Lady Liebe.  Champagne
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2154 on: November 14, 2020, 01:47:23 PM »

@ClarenceHouse
Thank you for all the well wishes on The Prince of Wales’s 72nd Birthday!

leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2155 on: November 14, 2020, 02:17:20 PM »

Many happy returns to HRH, The Prince of Wales  Champagne

And congratulations Lady Liebe on reaching 3000 posts  Beer
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2156 on: November 14, 2020, 05:00:54 PM »

Thank you, Margaret and leatherface! Here's to more to come!  Beer

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2157 on: November 14, 2020, 05:03:52 PM »

Also congrats, LL!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2158 on: November 14, 2020, 05:47:20 PM »

@ClarenceHouse
Thank you for all the well wishes on The Prince of Wales’s 72nd Birthday!

Fantastic photo LA - really captures the glory of autumn.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to the PoW too!
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2159 on: November 14, 2020, 07:00:29 PM »

I can't help but really like him he seems so charming and interested in so much. Maybe too much sometimes to his detriment but at least he cares and is engaged in many things that help the nation and the people. I would love to be seated next to him at a fantasy dinner party and love a tour on the dance floor with him.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 148   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: