Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 148   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 487841 times)
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #2160 on: November 14, 2020, 09:52:26 PM »

I can't help but really like him he seems so charming and interested in so much. Maybe too much sometimes to his detriment but at least he cares and is engaged in many things that help the nation and the people. I would love to be seated next to him at a fantasy dinner party and love a tour on the dance floor with him.

I know!  I really like him too!  I could sit at his feet and listen to his stories all day!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2161 on: November 14, 2020, 10:23:02 PM »

I like him, too. He's been raised in unimagineable privilege, he didn't choose it. He went through some difficult times in his life. He spoke his mind about topics that were unpopular when he brought them up (environment), or pooh-poohed about by academics and professionals (carbuncle speech). He is well-read and even if it's true that he doesn't know how to deal with contradictions in open discussions, well, he's not the only privileged man of his generation who finds that difficult.... He's charming and has become more so with age. We've all "known" him for most or all of our lives, and it's great to see him happy and beaming and at peace with his place in this world.

I wish him all the best for his birthday, and I'm sure that when the day comes, he'll surprise his critics and be an excellent king - attentive, erudite, tolerant, thought-provoking, inclusive.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2162 on: November 15, 2020, 12:12:28 AM »

Happy, Joyous Birthday to The Prince of Wales!  Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers Flowers
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2163 on: November 15, 2020, 02:25:08 AM »

I hope he has had a joyous birthday too. As I've gotten older I've really come to appreciate him more. As a child of the 1900s, I was taught by the media, and even by my own parents, that Charles was a bad person. I'm glad that I've been able to judge and make an assessment of my own, and I really think that he has moulded the role of heir and 'Prince of Wales' exceptionally well. For example, I have a friend who was part of the Prince of Wales Foundation (not sure of wording here) and the confidence she gained in that one year was mesmerising. Beforehand she was a very timid young woman with Aspergers, now she is pursuing a teaching qualification and is ready and willing to embrace new things. I'm not saying the Prince of Wales Foundation was entirely the reason behind her new found confidence, but I believe it helped tremendously.

I remember a topical comedy show repeatedlpy making fun of his talking about environmental issues and his approach to nature. As someone ignorant at the time, I found it funny. Now I find it humorous that for so long Charles was the butt of jokes yet a sea seachange came when the world became more environmentally wary. When times allow, I would love to see Charles share a conference with Greta, I imagine he was ecstatic to think that someone from the younger generation has become such a voice and force to be reckoned with.

Although I post in a largely cynical manner, I am an eternal optimist, and I do think that Charles will be looked upon as "the king who didn't have a long enough reign for his vision to be truly recognised". I feel, and of course hope, that history will remember him fondly. I feel that he has flourished since he became a grandfather, it's like a sense of happiness slotted into place. I also think that Charles will be the monarch that is the epitome of the transition from the old-style monarchy of Elizabeth and her ancestors, into the new, modern world, with William and George to continue that legacy.
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2164 on: November 15, 2020, 04:59:45 PM »

I saw the livestream of the speech the Prince of Wales gave in the German Bundestag on the occasion of the German Remembrance Day. It was the first time a member of the BRF took part. He gave a beautiful speech with historical depth. He changed between a nearly accent-free German (obviously a bit rusty and halting, but one week in Germany and he'd be nearly perfect imho) and his beautiful native English.

The ceremony was under Corona conditions held with only very few attendants but I'm sure everybody who listened to him from home felt like me - touched and impressed. He spoke about Prince Albert, I'm a fan of Prince Albert :-)

Of course, he has a lot of experience on the international stage, and we all know the BRF doesn't always sympathize with their German cousins ;-) But seen on the background of a terrible past, all credit for Prince Charles for this speech.

(There is a series of books about the Anglo-German relationship, edited by Karina Urbach iirc, very interesting).

https://www.youtube.com/w...mp;ab_channel=Wasjetzt%3F
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2165 on: November 25, 2020, 06:26:17 PM »

This is crazy.

https://www.dailymail.co....comments-latest-post.html
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2166 on: November 25, 2020, 06:56:27 PM »

My goodness, people are stupid and pathetic.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2167 on: November 25, 2020, 07:39:57 PM »

Yes, it is unfortunate, because Cams weathered so much criticism already and it had mostly died down. Last time however, the internet was not such a factor.

The series was bound to dredge it all back up.

Cams will face this with the dignity and fortitude which stood her in good stead last time. Steady on, Your Royal Highness.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2168 on: November 25, 2020, 07:48:45 PM »

Yes, it is unfortunate, because Cams weathered so much criticism already and it had mostly died down. Last time however, the internet was not such a factor.

The series was bound to dredge it all back up.

Cams will face this with the dignity and fortitude which stood her in good stead last time. Steady on, Your Royal Highness.

Agreed LL.

What surprised me is that Charles and Diana did not come off well either.  Charles is portrayed as selfish and uncaring, and Diana is portrayed as pretty much Harry in a dress.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2169 on: November 25, 2020, 08:43:40 PM »

All that good PR Charles paid for down the drain
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2170 on: November 25, 2020, 09:32:02 PM »

Charles will  need to get Mark Bolland back for Operation Sanitize Camilla's Reputation 2.0. And just when he was thinking he'd be able to make her Queen Camilla....
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2171 on: November 25, 2020, 09:44:49 PM »

The comments were awful. I don’t blame them for not allowing comments on any posts the last few days. A lot of it is the idiot “squad” comparing apples to oranges but it’s also just Diana fans. Sad.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2172 on: November 25, 2020, 11:11:18 PM »

Are the comments from Brits or from Americans?
Because I am afraid the US has a very strange idea of royalty and it shows. I know that the actors are british, but there are so many errors in the series just to make it more dramatic and sensational, that I find it difficult to believe that it was written by someone who has been immersed in the british monarchy.
I have just recently started with season 3 and I got the impression the writer really hates the monarchy at large and the royal family in particular. Not one person is slightly pleasant.
Olivia Colman's queen is constantly negative and mouth-turned-into-a-perpetual-frown bore, that lacks any form of humanity.
Tobias Menzies accidently studied Prince Charles instead of Prince Philip.
Battenberg is horrid, as is the Duke of Windsor.. not any one of them comes across as likeable or at the very least undrstandable. 
Watching this you wonder, why on earth the Brits haven't done away with this lot 50 years ago...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2173 on: November 26, 2020, 12:41:46 AM »

Are the comments from Brits or from Americans?
Because I am afraid the US has a very strange idea of royalty and it shows. I know that the actors are british, but there are so many errors in the series just to make it more dramatic and sensational, that I find it difficult to believe that it was written by someone who has been immersed in the british monarchy.
I have just recently started with season 3 and I got the impression the writer really hates the monarchy at large and the royal family in particular. Not one person is slightly pleasant.
Olivia Colman's queen is constantly negative and mouth-turned-into-a-perpetual-frown bore, that lacks any form of humanity.
Tobias Menzies accidently studied Prince Charles instead of Prince Philip.
Battenberg is horrid, as is the Duke of Windsor.. not any one of them comes across as likeable or at the very least undrstandable. 
Watching this you wonder, why on earth the Brits haven't done away with this lot 50 years ago...

Well, as some of you know cable never made it down our road and we never got a dish. So I eagerly anticipated the Library getting season 1 of The Crown on DVD. I didn't make it past the first disc. I was speaking loudly at the television and metaphorically throwing things at the screen. Mostly because of liberties taken with the story and the portrayal of certain members of the BFR. Drove me crazy.   

I've never bothered again since.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2174 on: November 26, 2020, 12:47:10 AM »

I thought the BRF had been working with the production to a degree. I doubt they will now. Burn that bridge!
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 148   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: