Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 496223 times)
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2190 on: December 05, 2020, 02:43:46 PM »

I have not seen The Crown and I don't think I will. Since this is Camilla's thread too, I would like to strongly express my admiration for her as  a person who was vilified and ill-treated by many -- something her young children had to endure in their own flesh-- and who has for many years shown respect and  devotion for the institution she represents. She may not be the most chic and elegant, but she has been contributing to improve the image and essence of the "firm" in a positive, dedicated way all these years. Cheers to you, Duchess of Cornwall. Well-done.

I didn't get the fuss of the Crown. Granted i think everyone came out looking bad.

Charles was selfish and old man eccentric who was bitter to not have all the attention.

Camilla was his understanding companion but knew she couldn't be his #1 even if he wanted it

Diana was a selfish child (already dealing with bulemia) who married a man she knew to be having affair but not much more about him and she enjoyed taking his events and making them about her.

C & D suffered because they were both the same (selfish, needy, requiring constant praise) while having none of the same interests, lifestyles, friends, or hobbies.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2191 on: December 05, 2020, 02:49:56 PM »

There is a bit too much War of the Wales’ here and the added bonus of Harry and Meghan. Both topics are O/T.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2192 on: December 05, 2020, 05:56:13 PM »

Paulina, you could just go back and read the Sun from1982-1992 . When Stuart Higgins was editor, he used to get a  minimum of  once weekly 'briefing' from Camilla to get her side out.

https://www.theroyalforum...ets-of-diana-1037-43.html

How anyone who could give a weekly briefing to a tabloid newspaper's editor  for 10 years could be ever considered 'discrete' is beyond me. Especially when it began 6 months into the Wales marriage. Sorry, but time has not washed off  Camilla as far as I am concerned. I'm prepared to tolerate her, but I will never be a fan.

Fascinating! I do remember hearing at the time how Diana admitted pushing her stepmother down the stairs and not being remorseful. I thought it was off then. She was a really complex and disturbed person, destructive and self destructive.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2193 on: December 05, 2020, 06:01:27 PM »

Well, I rather like Camilla. They are well suited to each other and in any other era, the prince could marry her and that would be that.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2194 on: December 05, 2020, 06:22:47 PM »

Getting back on topic...Charles and Camilla visited the National Gallery on the first day of its reopening after the lockdown

https://www.dailymail.co....sit-National-Gallery.html

Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2195 on: December 07, 2020, 02:50:23 PM »

The article says that Lady Sarah Chatto went with them, she's a talented professional painter herself (wish I had the money to invest in a flower still life of hers!) and she and big cousin Charles connect well over art, I'm sure. The artistic talents comes down from Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. Empress Frederick was a good painter, too. Her sister Princess Louise of course was a good sculptor.

I'd loved to have seen a picture of Lady Sarah, she's always a joy to see.

And how wonderful that museums and galleries slowly open  again. Culture is important to keep the spirit healthy.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2196 on: December 09, 2020, 05:12:13 PM »

Camilla opened a new facility at Battersea Cats and Dogs Home, accompanied by the cutest plaque unveil-er ever, her rescue dog Beth Doggy

*Click to see the video*

https://twitter.com/Clare...tatus/1336677586064330753

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2197 on: December 09, 2020, 07:58:46 PM »

That is the cutest royal plaque unveiling EVER!
amethyst

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2198 on: December 09, 2020, 08:59:10 PM »

this is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen! absolutely delightful  Grin
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #2199 on: December 09, 2020, 09:55:33 PM »

Camilla opened a new facility at Battersea Cats and Dogs Home, accompanied by the cutest plaque unveil-er ever, her rescue dog Beth Doggy

*Click to see the video*

Cams brings Beth with her when she visits Battersea Cats and Dogs Home - but we usually just see Beth on her lead. I've got to agree with FC - absolutely adorable  doggo and a wonderful picture of Cams too. 

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2200 on: December 10, 2020, 12:25:44 AM »

Camilla opened a new facility at Battersea Cats and Dogs Home, accompanied by the cutest plaque unveil-er ever, her rescue dog Beth Doggy

*Click to see the video*

Cams brings Beth with her when she visits Battersea Cats and Dogs Home - but we usually just see Beth on her lead. I've got to agree with FC - absolutely adorable  doggo and a wonderful picture of Cams too. 

That is fantastic!  I have often wondered if the BRF supports charities for homeless animals - nice to see Camilla doing this.
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2201 on: December 10, 2020, 02:20:11 AM »

This is peak Cams. I love how much she seems to enjoy her visits with her patronages. The videos they shared on social media are so cute (especially Beth doing the reveal of the plaque) and Camilla is so personable and lovely! I noticed that a lot of their followers are standing up for her and posting positive comments on the posts after the onslaught of negativity a few weeks ago.
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2202 on: December 10, 2020, 02:43:59 AM »

Camilla opened a new facility at Battersea Cats and Dogs Home, accompanied by the cutest plaque unveil-er ever, her rescue dog Beth Doggy

*Click to see the video*

That is fantastic!  I have often wondered if the BRF supports charities for homeless animals - nice to see Camilla doing this.

Camilla has been the Patron of Battersea since 2017 but made regular official visits before that. Camilla took over as Patron from The Queen who had been the Patron for 60 years.

https://www.battersea.org...-queen-60-years-patronage

Prince Michael of Kent has been the President since 1984

https://www.battersea.org...0on%201%20February%202017.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #2203 on: December 10, 2020, 06:37:47 AM »

This and the Clarence House Christmas party for ill children is the best Cams.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2204 on: December 10, 2020, 10:00:12 AM »

This and the Christmas house party and the donkey sanctuary and the care for victims of sexual assault and the osteoporosis campaign and dancing the hora with Jewish residents or an old age home... and a lot of other things I can't think of now - it's all Camilla. She looks great with a tiara but this is one of her best pictures.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: