Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 509683 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2235 on: March 25, 2021, 10:14:47 AM »

It is quite so interesting to see the differing approaches to the masks and the hygiene- requirements: the fabric "community masks" are out here, you are required to wear surgical masks or even FFP2 masks in the public. With a mask like those above, you would not be allowed to enter any public spaces...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2236 on: March 25, 2021, 11:06:25 AM »

It is quite so interesting to see the differing approaches to the masks and the hygiene- requirements: the fabric "community masks" are out here, you are required to wear surgical masks or even FFP2 masks in the public. With a mask like those above, you would not be allowed to enter any public spaces...

To my knowledge in the Netherlands the fabric and (simple) paper mask are still allowed.

I work close to the Dutch-German border, the shops just across the border are not difficult about my fabric mask (s) for now. I have a small amount of paper masks in my desk at work. But I already heared from colleagues that the fabric mask are not accepted a bit further on and that they can then use a paper mask. Such a simple basic one. I would have expected them to have at least an FFP2, but no. Perhaps an exception here in the border region. But when it came up I bought (relatively cheap) KN95 masks here in the Netherlands. Until now not needed / used.
anneboleyn

Warned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2237 on: March 25, 2021, 03:20:09 PM »

Cloth masks are the norm here in Canada, unless you are entering a medical place, then you must have a medical grade mask.

I do find it curious that they are travelling during the pandemic. William and Kate got backlash for a train ride to Scotland, I wonder how this trip will go over with the general public.
Astrid

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2238 on: March 25, 2021, 03:31:20 PM »

Great masks! Charles so colourful and Camilla with a clear statement. No cheap boulevard here...
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2239 on: March 25, 2021, 08:21:25 PM »

I like Camilla's style. Always age appropriate, always elegant, always occasion appropriate, and has a definite her own style. It's a recognizable style without being "fashionable," if you know what I mean. A certain elan.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2240 on: March 25, 2021, 09:19:00 PM »

There's a photo of C&C at the Presidential Palace (former home of the kings of Greece), and I said to myself, "Yup, I recognize that stairway" from all the fabulous, glittering events the Greek Royal Family used to host there.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2241 on: March 27, 2021, 11:13:42 AM »

There's a photo of C&C at the Presidential Palace (former home of the kings of Greece), and I said to myself, "Yup, I recognize that stairway" from all the fabulous, glittering events the Greek Royal Family used to host there.
I thought I recognised it. It’s where Juan Carlos and Sofia’s wedding photos were taken.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2242 on: March 27, 2021, 05:02:02 PM »

And Con & Anne-Marie's... and the 100th anniversary of the dynasty...  Prince Michael & Marina... 
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #2243 on: April 08, 2021, 06:16:46 AM »

Camilla hitting it out of the park again at Wightman Mosque:

https://www.instagram.com...jVc3/?igshid=6x11iu34of4f
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2244 on: April 09, 2021, 03:51:13 PM »

I wasn’t sure where to put this but I just saw a tweet that Charles will now be the Duke of Edinburgh. Is that true?
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #2245 on: April 09, 2021, 03:52:38 PM »

No.
Edward will be.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2246 on: April 09, 2021, 03:56:27 PM »

I wasn’t sure where to put this but I just saw a tweet that Charles will now be the Duke of Edinburgh. Is that true?

Yes.  Not that he’ll use it but he’s been the heir apparent to Philip’s titles since birth.  When Charles becomes king his titles will revert to the crown and can be reissued.  Of course Cornwall [etc] will automatically go to William as eldest son and heir.  As for Philip’s titles once a reasonable period of time has passed, following The Queen’s death and Charles accession, the plan is for Charles to recreate the dukedom for Edward.  At which point Edward will be Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Wessex, Earl of Forfar, and Viscount Severn with James (as his heir) then using Earl of Wessex. 

The Edward plan has always confused people as it requires a good number of steps...both Philip and The Queen dying (regardless of order) and then Charles (as king) reissuing the dukedom.   

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_Edinburgh
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2247 on: April 09, 2021, 04:01:05 PM »

Thanks ladies.
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #2248 on: April 09, 2021, 04:03:36 PM »

Oh, I thought it was when Philip died it would be re-issued to Edward as a new creation!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2249 on: April 09, 2021, 04:04:21 PM »

I listened on tv that technically the title now belongs to Charles, as the eldest son. What was announced at the time of Edward's wedding was:

“The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales have also agreed that The Prince Edward should be given the Dukedom of Edinburgh in due course, when the present title now held by Prince Philip eventually reverts to the Crown.”

The title will only revert to the Crown when Charles ascends to the throne, like all other of his titles. If he dies before becoming King, William will have title. So at this point, Edward will only get the title when QEII dies/abdicates.

Someone like lovecharles could confirm this?  Thinking

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: