Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 553139 times)
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2310 on: September 06, 2021, 05:14:20 PM »

Just saw a headline scrolling about, reads like Fawcet through him under the bus saying chucky knew all about the cash for honors and access.  I'm wondering how soon this will go away.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2311 on: September 06, 2021, 05:22:06 PM »

https://people.com/royals...signs-princes-foundation/

Looks like he stepped down.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2312 on: September 07, 2021, 03:02:35 AM »

The only difference I can between the Fergie scandal and this is that Charles isn't personally benefitting from it, a charity is. While Fergie was going to pocket £500,000 herself for access.
True, but the cash was still going to one of his projects, and a UK state honour was still effectively being put up for sale if enough cash was handed over.

It's grubby.  If it weren't, Fawcett would not have stepped down.  And no doubt it's temporary as Charles will still find a way to bring him back in some fashion.  For a fourth time!

ITA.

What is it about Fawcett that Charles likes so much?  The guy is a mess with one scandal after another.  Charles needs to let him go a walk far away.

or possibly  "what is that MF knows about Charles?" - keep your friends close and your enemies even closer

Star

what were the other times, I don't know the otheer times. can someone tell me them pls

thx

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2313 on: September 07, 2021, 03:25:16 AM »

It seems like this has been going on for decades (tables closer to him and Diana cost more etc.) and it's the "norm".  Fawcett came on the radar  years ago selling gifts chucky received in official capicity, he was shuffled around and then started his own "consulting firm" to get around questions. (as I understand it)  Shady, very shady. 

Thinking  wonder when his book is coming out??? 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2314 on: September 07, 2021, 08:09:07 AM »

It seems like this has been going on for decades (tables closer to him and Diana cost more etc.) and it's the "norm".  Fawcett came on the radar  years ago selling gifts chucky received in official capicity, he was shuffled around and then started his own "consulting firm" to get around questions. (as I understand it)  Shady, very shady. 

Thinking  wonder when his book is coming out??? 

Its never coming out.

This dude is toxic and the only person prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt is PoW. I say this as some with the same flaws i.e. prizing loyalty above all else.

If he burns that bridge with a book or selling secrets, it will be an act of short term gain in exchange for long term freeze out and public disdain.

He would make Paul Burrell look like the  paragon of virtue, loyalty and discretion.
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2315 on: September 07, 2021, 10:46:08 AM »

The only difference I can between the Fergie scandal and this is that Charles isn't personally benefitting from it, a charity is. While Fergie was going to pocket £500,000 herself for access.
True, but the cash was still going to one of his projects, and a UK state honour was still effectively being put up for sale if enough cash was handed over.

It's grubby.  If it weren't, Fawcett would not have stepped down.  And no doubt it's temporary as Charles will still find a way to bring him back in some fashion.  For a fourth time!

ITA.

What is it about Fawcett that Charles likes so much?  The guy is a mess with one scandal after another.  Charles needs to let him go a walk far away.

or possibly  "what is that MF knows about Charles?" - keep your friends close and your enemies even closer

Star

what were the other times, I don't know the otheer times. can someone tell me them pls

thx

G Smiley

Bullying and dodgy financial dealings : (from the Daily Fail)

In the years of the royal separation Fawcett's influence grew. By now increasingly overbearing, Fawcett – who had been promoted from valet to personal assistant – was the subject of a complaint from other servants.

He resigned only to be reinstated after Camilla intervened.

Five years later he stepped down again after an internal inquiry found he had broken regulations by accepting and selling gifts that Charles did not want. Crucially, the investigation cleared him of any financial wrongdoing.

In resigning Fawcett took the heat from Charles, a move that endeared him even more to the prince.

Charles rewarded him with a £500,000 payoff and the unswerving loyalty that exists to this day. Fawcett set up Premier Mode, an events company with the prince as number one client, organising all his social gatherings, including the wedding party when Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall married in 2005.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2316 on: September 07, 2021, 11:08:10 AM »

A few of you apparently need to be reminded that Harry is O/T Snare
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2317 on: September 07, 2021, 11:14:17 AM »

ALL royals are like this. Yes, ALL of them. Access to a royal is something that people/organisations have, are, will be interested in having someway or the other. People close to the royals have, are and will benefit from them in some way or the other. Of course it depends on the morality of the royal or the people close to them but it’s not unique to Charles nor is this case especially grim either but perhaps you have to live in a monarchy to actually think experience it truly..
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2318 on: September 07, 2021, 11:25:59 AM »

ALL royals are like this. Yes, ALL of them. Access to a royal is something that people/organisations have, are, will be interested in having someway or the other. People close to the royals have, are and will benefit from them in some way or the other. Of course it depends on the morality of the royal or the people close to them but it’s not unique to Charles nor is this case especially grim either but perhaps you have to live in a monarchy to actually think experience it truly..

There's also something about the mystery, discretion, manners and etiquette - the mystique of monarchy - which ends up creating the perfect breeding ground for favours, dodgy deeds, corruption, etc. You wrap the whole thing in royal mystique and either you can't see it, or feel such a dreadful low-brow parvenu for calling it out. "But his majesty always gets to pick the first Rolls Royce of the production line - it's tradition!"

Anyway, I agree with Luv Charles that royals don't need their own foundations. There are more than enough worthy causes needing support, and personal foundations potentially allow royals to advance personal interests, which they shouldn't be doing.

I also believe royal finances should be subject to far greater scrutiny and transparency.

Cool your jets, everyone
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2319 on: September 07, 2021, 11:28:23 AM »

ITA about more insight and transparency into their finances. If there’s nothing to hide, there’s no reason to hide it after all.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2320 on: September 07, 2021, 12:54:49 PM »

The royals do have to account for all their moneys via their reports to the parliament every year. I don't know how much more transparent they can be short of having to publish every single account and their bank balances and justify every penny they spend even on private matters. I do suspect that many people think that that is exactly what should happen when in reality the way they spend their money is already more open to the public than any other public official.
Bunnyette

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2321 on: September 07, 2021, 03:21:37 PM »

Just saw a headline scrolling about, reads like Fawcet through him under the bus saying chucky knew all about the cash for honors and access.  I'm wondering how soon this will go away.

There’s loyalty for you!  Laugh bounce
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2322 on: September 07, 2021, 06:38:13 PM »

There's also something about the mystery, discretion, manners and etiquette - the mystique of monarchy - which ends up creating the perfect breeding ground for favours, dodgy deeds, corruption, etc. You wrap the whole thing in royal mystique and either you can't see it, or feel such a dreadful low-brow parvenu for calling it out. "But his majesty always gets to pick the first Rolls Royce of the production line - it's tradition!"

Anyway, I agree with Luv Charles that royals don't need their own foundations. There are more than enough worthy causes needing support, and personal foundations potentially allow royals to advance personal interests, which they shouldn't be doing.

I also believe royal finances should be subject to far greater scrutiny and transparency.

Fully agree with all of this - you put it nicely!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2323 on: September 07, 2021, 06:52:44 PM »

Yes indeed, and I would add one more - longevity. Royals are famous their whole lives, and thus subject to more opportunities for scandal. Celebrities have a much shorter life span.
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2324 on: September 07, 2021, 08:44:10 PM »

Walter Bagehot::

Above all things our royalty is to be reverenced, and if you begin to poke about it you cannot reverence it…Its mystery is its life. We must not let in daylight upon magic.
The English Constitution (1867) ‘The Monarchy (continued)’
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: