Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 652576 times)
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2595 on: May 12, 2022, 12:28:03 AM »

Could Camilla have worn a tiara at the State Opening of Parliament?
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2596 on: May 12, 2022, 12:45:16 AM »

The Queen's (and Cam's most likely) come from Fulton Umbrellas who holds a Royal Warrant to HM. The style Camilla has is the "birdcage". HM has them in a whole range of colours, Cams seems to be catching up with her. They aren't all that expensive - about £24.

https://www.fultonumbrell...womens/walking-umbrellas/

Thank you!!!! I am totally ordering one. Now I just have to decide which pattern to order!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2597 on: May 12, 2022, 02:15:18 AM »

Could Camilla have worn a tiara at the State Opening of Parliament?

No - the dress for the occasion had been set well in advance as 'day wear' and that means no tiaras for anyone.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2598 on: May 12, 2022, 02:17:13 AM »

First (rainy) garden party

Prince Charles & Camilla have attended the Not Forgotten Association Annual Garden Party at Buckingham Palace on a drizzly day in London.

Princess Anne hosted this year’s event after it was announced the Queen will not be attending this year’s garden parties.

Princess Anne always hosts the Not Forgotten Association Garden Party as she is the current Patron of the Not Forgotten Association.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2599 on: May 12, 2022, 02:20:03 AM »

Why on earth didn’t they bring the event indoors? So not fun!

1. It is a Garden Party and they are held outdoors.

2. This is Britain and they don't move things indoors just because of a little rain.

3. BP is still undergoing a massive refurbishment.

4. They don't have a space indoors that can hold over 5000 people.

5. Security would have been a nightmare controlling that many people over so many rooms.
Nappyolean

Warned
Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2600 on: May 12, 2022, 03:57:24 AM »

Could it be tented? I don’t mean the kind at weddings with walls and floors, but just a large structure with stakes holding up a roof…for a little shelter….

Camilla and Anne look soooo stylish and Charles so dashing. And William looks like he rolled out of bed in his wrinkled blue coat with his scuffed up suede shoes and while Kate is neater, she still dresses very dowdy, pretty regularly. The 70 year olds are rockin it and the ones in charge of “modernizing” the monarchy dress like they go thrifting in Norfolk.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2601 on: May 12, 2022, 04:03:20 AM »

It takes time to put up marquees and they also affect the gardens. Only if an event is planned to have a marquee well in advance would it have been possible to put them up.

Rain is perfectly normal in London and the UK. These people are used to going about their lives outdoors in the rain. If they didn't go out in the rain they would be inside a lot of the time. Rain is a simply fact of life for people in the UK and they don't expect to have to go inside just because of some rain.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2602 on: May 12, 2022, 04:07:32 AM »

There are some visible tents in this video. For food perhaps?

https://twitter.com/RE_Da...;t=9RRyQyDqO8vjRikfCWy74g
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #2603 on: May 12, 2022, 06:04:52 AM »

Why on earth didn’t they bring the event indoors? So not fun!

1. It is a Garden Party and they are held outdoors.

2. This is Britain and they don't move things indoors just because of a little rain.

3. BP is still undergoing a massive refurbishment.

4. They don't have a space indoors that can hold over 5000 people.

5. Security would have been a nightmare controlling that many people over so many rooms.

1. Thank you. Of course I didn’t know a “garden party” is held outdoors.

2. We Britons need to change. Rain is not conducive to a fun occasion.

3., 4. & 5. A little contingency planning would have enabled an undercover alternative.
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2604 on: May 12, 2022, 06:11:33 AM »

Could it be tented? I don’t mean the kind at weddings with walls and floors, but just a large structure with stakes holding up a roof…for a little shelter….

Camilla and Anne look soooo stylish and Charles so dashing. And William looks like he rolled out of bed in his wrinkled blue coat with his scuffed up suede shoes and while Kate is neater, she still dresses very dowdy, pretty regularly. The 70 year olds are rockin it and the ones in charge of “modernizing” the monarchy dress like they go thrifting in Norfolk.

I don't know, W&C have looked pretty well turned out at previous garden parties.

https://www.thecelebrityc...-the-queens-garden-party/
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2605 on: May 12, 2022, 06:25:01 AM »

There are some visible tents in this video. For food perhaps?

https://twitter.com/RE_Da...;t=9RRyQyDqO8vjRikfCWy74g

Food and beverages are served in the marquees, and I believe there are some tables and chairs though not everyone can be accommodated at once.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Nappyolean

Warned
Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2606 on: May 12, 2022, 01:29:49 PM »

I don't know, W&C have looked pretty well turned out at previous garden parties.

https://www.thecelebrityc...-the-queens-garden-party/

I wasn’t referring to comparing Garden party attire, just overall general attire.
QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2607 on: May 17, 2022, 08:40:18 PM »

I’m in St. John’s for the first leg of their Canadian Tour and am at Government House waiting for them to arrive. Will post pictures if I can!
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2608 on: May 17, 2022, 08:45:18 PM »

I’m in St. John’s for the first leg of their Canadian Tour and am at Government House waiting for them to arrive. Will post pictures if I can!

Yay, QueenE, fingers crossed! Enjoy the show no matter what.
QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2609 on: May 17, 2022, 09:26:34 PM »

I met them both!! Cams came down first and stopped to talk to me and my 3 year old niece, who was waving a flag, and said “you’re having lots of fun waving your flag!” And then on the way back, Charles said hello and shook my hand, and patted my niece on the head! Both very nice!! I have some good pictures but don’t know how to post them! I will look when I’m on my computer at home!
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: