Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 124   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 382636 times)
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »

Camilla is otherwise engaged, hosting a reception for the 80th Anniversary of the Brooke Charity for Horses, of which she is patron:

And wearing spectacles;

I think she looks great here.  But i wonder how she was able to stay out of the facelift brigade?  A well done and discreet bit of work would have made her look younger (  not suggesting the Silvia Joker League).
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2014, 06:20:27 PM »

I think she is a very interesting character and her face shows that. I always admired her for the strenghth when all Britain hated her to stay calm and in the end, she married Charles. It did not seem that way. If she had work done, it would change her. I am happy she does not.

Seabisquit and Waity have no character, so it is good she is showing some personality in her face.
Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2014, 06:23:21 PM »

Camilla is otherwise engaged, hosting a reception for the 80th Anniversary of the Brooke Charity for Horses, of which she is patron:

And wearing spectacles;

I think she looks great here.  But i wonder how she was able to stay out of the facelift brigade?  A well done and discreet bit of work would have made her look younger (  not suggesting the Silvia Joker League).
It probably helps that she has always been harshly judged in the looks department and therefore doesn't have that image to maintain.  Silvia I think was considered a beauty and so maybe felt she had to keep it up.  It must be hard to be an ageing Queen having to confront your younger face all over the place.
Camilla also has (so far as i can see) a secure marriage with a loving husband... Silvia?
Royal Di

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »

And wearing spectacles;

I think she looks great here.  But i wonder how she was able to stay out of the facelift brigade?  A well done and discreet bit of work would have made her look younger (not suggesting the Silvia Joker League).

Unfortunately she has a LOT of wrinkles on her lips due to smoking cigarettes.  It's just not attractive.  Otherwise, she looks lovely.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2014, 01:47:58 AM »

I guess Camilla figured that, at the end of the day, everybody knows her age so why bother trying to look younger.  She is stronger than I would be: if I had had her resources, I know I would have had some work done. Tongue
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2014, 04:58:01 AM »

I guess Camilla figured that, at the end of the day, everybody knows her age so why bother trying to look younger.  She is stronger than I would be: if I had had her resources, I know I would have had some work done. Tongue

Me too! At least a small "Gordon Ramsey" pull to slightly tighten the wrinkles a little.
rs55

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2014, 05:17:28 AM »

And wearing spectacles;

I think she (like most people) has had to rely on things other than looks to get her through - and that gives her the confidence to be herself as she ages.  It certainly helps that she seems to be in a happy marriage - that brings with it tons of confidence.  I will duck after saying this, but perhaps we need more role models like Camilla when it comes to aging gracefully and doing ones job without needing any fanfare.
Poniatowska

Baby Member

Poland Poland

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »

I was looking for a video from BBC Live Lounge with my favourite Tom Odell and I found the one in which Charles and Camilla listen to him playing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pK_d71L4sM

I like Charles' foot tapping :D
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2014, 07:51:46 PM »

"'No idea who Christina Aguilera is, but I've got a Handel on Beethoven!': Prince Charles reveals his love of classical music on radio tour... while Camilla gets on the decks at Kiss FM" http://www.dailymail.co.u...s-tour-radio-station.html

- Charles and Camilla visited radio stations as part of day to celebrate radio
- Met DJ Toby Anstis as he was playing Aguilera song on Heart FM
- Spoke to Classic FM DJ John Suchet about love of Beethoven and Wagner

- Admitting offering 'gentle persuasion' to Kate to help her choose I Was Glad to walk down the aisle
- Meanwhile Camilla learned to mix records at dance station Kiss FM

He admitted that he had 'no idea' who pop singer Christina Aguilera was. But when it came to the classics, Prince Charles was on safer ground.

The future king and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, enjoyed a tour today of Global Radio in London, which owns stations including Classic FM - Camilla's favourite, apparently - Heart, Capital and LBC.

In the studio with Classic FM presenter John Suchet the prince admitted that he might have offered some 'gentle persuasion' when advising the Duchess of Cambridge on her wedding music.

Asked to choose his favourite piece of music, Charles picked Charles Hubert Hasting Parry’s I Was Glad, which was played when Kate and William walked down the aisle.

'Well I might have offered a bit of subtle influence,' he said archly.

There is a video in the above link.
AliCat

Gigantic Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2014, 08:01:19 PM »

More pics;

Lady G

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2014, 08:19:13 PM »

Wow, Charles is actually making being royal look fun! I can't get over the change in him...it took a long time, but he got there in the end. I'm a late bloomer myself, so this gives me hope!

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2014, 10:48:25 PM »

Wow, Charles is actually making being royal look fun! I can't get over the change in him...it took a long time, but he got there in the end. I'm a late bloomer myself, so this gives me hope!

Is it wrong to note that John Suchet is looking better with age?? Blush
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2014, 10:44:15 AM »

Is it wrong to note that John Suchet is looking better with age?? Blush

No it isn't, age agrees with him.
Harryite
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Albania Albania

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2014, 10:52:54 AM »

Very cool pictures of C & C  Champagne .

edoep

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »

I think she (like most people) has had to rely on things other than looks to get her through - and that gives her the confidence to be herself as she ages.  It certainly helps that she seems to be in a happy marriage - that brings with it tons of confidence.  I will duck after saying this, but perhaps we need more role models like Camilla when it comes to aging gracefully and doing ones job without needing any fanfare.

no need to duck  Star - i'll stand in front of you and intercept the tomatoes, eggs and whipped cream cakes  .

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 124   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: