Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 176281 times)
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: March 19, 2017, 03:58:34 PM »

I don't get it either... These titles are rightfully hers through her marriage to Charles. Also, she works and seems to do that well. She's not Mosh, MM or Linus, after all... Or Sofia of Sweden.

Seriously, people need to let Diana rest in peace now. Those titles existed pre Diana and they will exist and apply to people post her.

It may be because I'm not into this family but I don't get the fuss.

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: March 19, 2017, 04:04:20 PM »

I don't get it either. It's been 20 years. Time to move on.
Jonathan

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: March 19, 2017, 05:11:10 PM »

I don't get it either... These titles are rightfully hers through her marriage to Charles. Also, she works and seems to do that well. She's not Mosh, MM or Linus, after all... Or Sofia of Sweden.

Seriously, people need to let Diana rest in peace now. Those titles existed pre Diana and they will exist and apply to people post her.

Star

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:45 PM »

There isn't really any fuss, it's just the tabloids trying to create or rake-up fake controversy.

Camilla *chose* to avoid *using* her title of Princess of Wales because of tabloid nonsense, but it's still one of her titles.

It'll be the same with the title of "queen" when Charles eventually ascends to the throne. She may *choose* to be known/addressed by a different title, but she'll be queen, whatever the DM/other tabloids try to sell.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #904 on: March 19, 2017, 08:24:21 PM »

It's almost funny when you see people - typically online - caring a lot about Camilla's titel. Those 20 years gone by seems to have passed them over.
Those I've seen care the most aren't even English - most seem American. Quite a few of them also seem to feel Charles should be passed over, because he's not worthy. You kind of get the feeling they've missed quite a few things about what monarchy is about Whistle
Ellie

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: March 19, 2017, 08:38:31 PM »

Well, you know, Charles and Camilla are positively evil and William and Kate are the shining stars and the saviour of the monarchy together because they're so down-to-earth, intelligent, what else can I say before my repeating of the PR lines causes my brain to atrophy...

Camilla will be Queen. As she should. Now, to whit--will she use it, who knows, but she deserves it. I think she can do even more for a lot of her charities as queen. Become a real voice for sexual assault and rape and domestic abuse survivors, as she is now; but with a bigger stage and perhaps people will respect her more and report more on all she does for those women.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #906 on: March 19, 2017, 08:46:19 PM »

I guess it's easy to stick to the tabloid-version of monarchies when you don't live in one which would explain why C&C don't appeal to many - unless you actually follow the BRF for a bit and see that unlike W&K they actually work quite a bit. I think that's why many have come to accept Camillia at least.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: March 19, 2017, 09:33:16 PM »

Star

ITA.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: March 19, 2017, 11:23:35 PM »

There isn't really any fuss, it's just the tabloids trying to create or rake-up fake controversy.

Camilla *chose* to avoid *using* her title of Princess of Wales because of tabloid nonsense, but it's still one of her titles.

It'll be the same with the title of "queen" when Charles eventually ascends to the throne. She may *choose* to be known/addressed by a different title, but she'll be queen, whatever the DM/other tabloids try to sell.

TBH I think at the time of their wedding it was the right decision to not use her PoW title although it is hers. It was a good PR move and I think she didn't want it anyway because there would have been even more reason to compare the two women and paint her in a bad light. But the title of Queen Consort was never Diana's. So I don't see any reason why Cam shouldn't use the title that will be hers because of Charles being king and that isn't associated with his first wife. Maybe the tabloids just want to prove that they lied when they married and the palace told the media she wouldn't be PoW or Queen Consort.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: March 19, 2017, 11:49:40 PM »

She's not young, beautiful or a good clotheshorse.  (Kate isn't either, but that's another story.)  Charles isn't young, a man who spends his time volunteering, or the child of Diana.  That whole fairytale thing that was pushed so hard for William and Kate's wedding has, unfortunately, stuck.  In particular, Charles works so often that it's simply not news, and therefore not reported on.  Camilla's not glamorous (though she is...) to many, and neither are her causes.  Now, I haven't met her, but all I can see in photos is that she seems genuinely enthused by the people she meets and the people seem happy and comfortable in her presence. 

Now, if people want to get moralistic about whether or not someone deserves to be monarch/consort, then perhaps they should ponder whether anyone should be.  But while monarchy exists, Camilla has done nothing since she married Charles to indicate that she shouldn't be queen.
emtishell

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: March 20, 2017, 12:12:57 AM »

She's not young, beautiful or a good clotheshorse.  (Kate isn't either, but that's another story.)  Charles isn't young, a man who spends his time volunteering, or the child of Diana.  That whole fairytale thing that was pushed so hard for William and Kate's wedding has, unfortunately, stuck.  In particular, Charles works so often that it's simply not news, and therefore not reported on.  Camilla's not glamorous (though she is...) to many, and neither are her causes.  Now, I haven't met her, but all I can see in photos is that she seems genuinely enthused by the people she meets and the people seem happy and comfortable in her presence. 

Now, if people want to get moralistic about whether or not someone deserves to be monarch/consort, then perhaps they should ponder whether anyone should be.  But while monarchy exists, Camilla has done nothing since she married Charles to indicate that she shouldn't be queen.

They pushed the fairytale thing with C&D too, which is why people still can't let it go, and can't see Diana's faults (she had them!)..... Camilla has done a wonderful job, it can't have been easy for her at all..... she is always beautifully dressed, and seems to be great with people.... long live Queen Cam!
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: March 20, 2017, 12:20:21 AM »

People are acting very silly if they still feel Cam cannot become Queen but have no trouble with all the rest of the nouveau royals - and born royals - who have something questionable in their past (or present). Compared to many, she hasn't really done anything that bad. D was no saint (and people should finally learn it) and Cam has not given anyone a reason to not like her since she married Charles. She has worked hard, is good with people and IMO is much more worthy of the title of Queen consort than Waity.
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: March 20, 2017, 01:01:32 AM »

People are acting very silly if they still feel Cam cannot become Queen but have no trouble with all the rest of the nouveau royals - and born royals - who have something questionable in their past (or present). Compared to many, she hasn't really done anything that bad. D was no saint (and people should finally learn it) and Cam has not given anyone a reason to not like her since she married Charles. She has worked hard, is good with people and IMO is much more worthy of the title of Queen consort than Waity.

Even though she gives me the heebie-jeebies and I just can't find it in me to like Cams (but have no real opinion whether she should be queen or not as I'm a "damn Yankee"  Wink ), you raise an extremely valid point. Twenty years on and some people are still as hysterical over it as they were in 1997. Good lord, get over it already.

MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: March 20, 2017, 03:13:05 AM »

The people that think Camilla shouldn't be Queen Camilla are the same people that want William to be the next King after Elizabeth II and still allow William to hide behind his mother even though it was 20 years ago, take it with a grain of salt, these people said Charles will not be allowed to marry Camilla.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: March 20, 2017, 03:30:52 AM »

She's not young, beautiful or a good clotheshorse.  (Kate isn't either, but that's another story.)  Charles isn't young, a man who spends his time volunteering, or the child of Diana.  That whole fairytale thing that was pushed so hard for William and Kate's wedding has, unfortunately, stuck.  In particular, Charles works so often that it's simply not news, and therefore not reported on.  Camilla's not glamorous (though she is...) to many, and neither are her causes.  Now, I haven't met her, but all I can see in photos is that she seems genuinely enthused by the people she meets and the people seem happy and comfortable in her presence.  

Now, if people want to get moralistic about whether or not someone deserves to be monarch/consort, then perhaps they should ponder whether anyone should be.  But while monarchy exists, Camilla has done nothing since she married Charles to indicate that she shouldn't be queen.

whell.. you know it is VERY hard for everyone to move on...when Billy the Plumber keeps reminding us that his Mummy died, you know  Dead Snare

and does things like ' first time since his mother Diana the Princess of Wales died in that Paris tunnel' he has visited Paris. FFS Dead

you think that's all Paris has to offer  Snare Crap

G Snare

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: