Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 95   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 280334 times)
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #1335 on: December 06, 2018, 11:44:01 AM »

https://acnuk.org/news/we...f-middle-east-christians/
Happy to know about prince Chales's involvement about this very important issue!
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #1336 on: December 06, 2018, 05:40:59 PM »

Tomorrow is THE BEST BRF event of the year! Camilla's Christmas party!  Supercontent
I agree. This is the BEST HOLIDAY EVENT on the BRF calendar.  Jumping

They brought in live reindeer this year!!! Banana

https://twitter.com/Clare...70696853208031232/photo/1
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1337 on: December 06, 2018, 07:32:40 PM »

Tomorrow is THE BEST BRF event of the year! Camilla's Christmas party!  Supercontent
I agree. This is the BEST HOLIDAY EVENT on the BRF calendar.  Jumping

They brought in live reindeer this year!!! Banana

https://twitter.com/Clare...70696853208031232/photo/1

It's the BEST, she's the BEST - love this event so much!

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1338 on: December 06, 2018, 07:35:18 PM »

Hey guys - total Disher Fail here today - I apparently missed seeing Chuck coming from the BFI event at lunch.

Went with a long walk with a friend at lunch, heading down towards Waterloo. Passed by the BFI and I saw three police outriders, a chauffeured Jag, and two following black Ranger Rovers and some people on the door. Not a lot of gawkers. We hung about for a moment, but I noticed the chauffeur had military ribbons, so I figured it was BRF. My friend and I did a walk around the South Bank Centre and hit some shops and came back up the alley where the outriders were stationed. Still no movement so we gave up and headed back to work. Based on the Daily Mail this evening, it was Charles and looks like Tom Hiddleston was there as well. Ah what a bummer!

To be honest, for the PoW it was a rather low key presence - you could tell it was VIP but no indication of royal standard or anything. Lots of folks having lunch and drinks in the bar, you have to pass through there to go in.  Poor Charles, not many onlookers waiting to see if he was going to come out!
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1339 on: January 12, 2019, 01:50:47 PM »

January 11, 2019, The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay visited The Fife Arms in Braemar, Aberdeenshire, to mark the innís re-opening. The Fife Arms in Braemar is being sensitively restored and returned to its former splendour as a first class hotel. The building is a significant landmark in the scenic village famed for the Braemar Gathering annual highland games, the Cairngorms National Park and its Royal Deeside connections. Dating back to 1856, The Fife Arms is located in the village of Braemar, home of the Highland Games

fruela

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1340 on: January 12, 2019, 08:10:43 PM »

Fairy,Larla, DoloresYellowstone,that's it exactly. I love the materials and the way their clothes fit their figures so well. Perfect cuts,too.
There was a time when people made their own clothes or had them made. My mum learnt the job from a very good seamstress and neither of them would feel satisfied if the garment did not fit right: they would redo whatever it was that they found faulty. They were very careful and skilful with the iron, too,so as not to spoil the item.
ElisaRose

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1341 on: January 13, 2019, 10:02:01 PM »

Very happy to see Camilla out and about again. I was worried but she seems fine although a bit frail perhaps but at least she didnít loose her lovely smile.  Thumb up

"I always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life.Ē HRH Princess Margaret
SvenskaSarah

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1342 on: January 14, 2019, 02:36:05 AM »

I always love how whenever the royals are in Scotland, it seems mandatory to wear tartan. Tartan was only popularised by Queen Vic, and the clan tartans you see are a produce of the monarch's fascination for Scotland. Clansfolk wore material, not necessarily tartan! So much of Scottish identity originates in royalist love of the country, such as Queen Victoria and the romance of Bonnie Prince Charlie. It anyone is interested, I recommend reading about Scottish links with the monarchy, it is truly fascinating!
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1343 on: January 14, 2019, 08:12:49 AM »

... the romance of Bonnie Prince Charlie ...

Blink

'Romance' would really be the last word I associate with Bonnie Prince Charlie
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1344 on: January 14, 2019, 08:46:32 AM »

I always love how whenever the royals are in Scotland, it seems mandatory to wear tartan. Tartan was only popularised by Queen Vic, and the clan tartans you see are a produce of the monarch's fascination for Scotland. Clansfolk wore material, not necessarily tartan! So much of Scottish identity originates in royalist love of the country, such as Queen Victoria and the romance of Bonnie Prince Charlie. It anyone is interested, I recommend reading about Scottish links with the monarchy, it is truly fascinating!
[/b]

I have a question on this point:

why doesn't the Scotish ambulance have the Maltese Cross on their emblem? They have the St Andrew's cross. Every other naition, like Australia, has Maltese cross.

Any ideas, anyone?

tak

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1345 on: January 14, 2019, 10:27:28 AM »

St. Andrews ambulance is just a separate Organisation, founded (in Scotland, thus using St Andrew cross) much later than the St. Johns or Maltese Order,
which are both using the Maltese cross as their emblem.

Just scroll down a bit here for details:
https://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/medical.html
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1346 on: January 14, 2019, 11:27:55 AM »

Germany doesn't use either, they have either the red cross (straight up and down plus sign) or the ambulance cross the + sign with another horizontal bar and often the Ascolap in it.
So it is hardly "every other Nation".

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1347 on: January 14, 2019, 02:51:10 PM »

In the US there is no cross at all. Just the caduceus (snake on a stick) medical sign.
fogdancer

Big Member

Brazil Brazil

An explosive mix of blonde and ginger with blue ey

Ignore
« Reply #1348 on: January 23, 2019, 05:41:21 AM »

In the US there is no cross at all. Just the caduceus (snake on a stick) medical sign.

This is OT and I am so sorry about it, I do not follow C & C BUT why Harry "could not marry" a divorcee and his father could? Just because he was widow??
Thank you in advance.

In the lack of the words, be fluent in diamonds.
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1349 on: January 23, 2019, 02:16:17 PM »

The rules of divorcees remarrying were changed by the Church of England at a moment in time (just by co-incidence I'm sure  Roll Eyes)that allowed Charles to marry Camilla. Prior to that, Charles, considered a widower by the CoE, could have married any unmarried or widowed woman at any time after Diana's death. The problem was that Camilla's 1st husband was alive. The rule change enabed Charles to marry Camilla while Andrew Parker-Bowles was alive. I am not sure whether the CoE recognizes prior marriages which were not CoE. Megan's first marriage ceremony was Jewish.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 95   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: