Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 373536 times)
Lemon drizzle

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1815 on: January 08, 2020, 07:47:32 AM »

I'm also very impressed with Charles and have warmed to Camilla too

I seem to remember Charlie's was subjected to ridicule way  back for his environmental concerns yet unfortunately he has been proved right.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1816 on: January 08, 2020, 08:15:10 AM »

What I loved about Charles' message - besides the content - was the fact he took the trouble to actually make the message in person. He didn't just get someone on his staff post a message on social media but went in front of the cameras and spoke to Australia personally. He first came here as a kid (16-17 years old) and he spent quite a bit of that time in the Victorian bush as that is where the school is located. He has been back many times. I wouldn't be surprised if he insists no being the one to come out in March/April to tour the fire zones, meet the victims and those who have been fighting the fires and helping the animals.

I would be happy to see him come here and not his sons .... he has had an appreciation of the environment decades before it was fashionable and he has experience of life here and not just a tour ... I think he is genuine and not just going through the motions

I was thinking the same thing:  that he might actually be the one to come out here and in fact may insist on it being him.  I think it is an event of sufficient gravity to warrant the attendance of such a senior royal, and he has a long-standing and warm connection with Australia and its people and knows a lot of the country that has been affected.   
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1817 on: January 08, 2020, 09:41:58 AM »

I actually really admire Charles for how he turned from the despised party of the war of the Wales into this suave sincere and sensible gentlemen. I do think he will be a good king. And I am a total sugar for Camilla anyway.
BUT I did not really like this message.
His constant looking down to either gather his thoughts or to glance at his notes was not .(lacking of a wordů Thinking ) good.
The set up, outside his home on basically the door step with the wind quite audible - gave the impression that he was caught outside by a reporter and made an impromptu speech.
He spoke like he was speaking freely and not too rehearsed, but the constant: "we are thinking of you" while stressing his deep connection felt lacking. A bit like standing on the side of the pool watching a man drown and calling out to him, that you are thinking of himů.
As one of the royal head honchos of a country that still ties Aus to her apron, he should in fact do more than think of the poor dears.
Nah, not a great message...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Eliza B

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1818 on: January 08, 2020, 05:22:36 PM »

Whoever's running the Princes Trust Twitter account is my new favorite person...

The Prince's Trust
@PrincesTrustĚJan 6
Well it's the #FirstDayBack for your PT Twitter Admins too, and can confirm:

-our brains are jelly
-we can't remember what our jobs are
- we are 92% coffee
- Christmas was 8 years ago
- it's only 1 hour and 3 minutes into the working day

Stay tuned though because once we have regained full post-Christmas functionality, we can have a run down of all the BRILL things The Prince's Trust has in store for young people in 2020!🌟💃🌟🥳

https://mobile.twitter.com/PrincesTrust
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1819 on: January 08, 2020, 05:38:04 PM »

Whoever's running the Princes Trust Twitter account is my new favorite person...

The Prince's Trust
@PrincesTrustĚJan 6

-our brains are jelly
- we are 92% coffee

Stay tuned though because once we have regained full post-Christmas functionality, we can have a run down of all the BRILL things The Prince's Trust has in store for young people in 2020!🌟💃🌟🥳

That is great, and pretty much how I feel this week too.
Lady Liebe

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1820 on: January 08, 2020, 06:09:16 PM »

The Prince's Trust
@PrincesTrust·Jan 6

-our brains are jelly
- we are 92% coffee

Stay tuned though because once we have regained full post-Christmas functionality, we can have a run down of all the BRILL things The Prince's Trust has in store for young people in 2020!

That is great, and pretty much how I feel this week too.

Wonderful, lighthearted and makes you smile. Nice to get a likable sense of the people behind the posts.

I agree with Margaret and Luvcharles that it will most likely be Charles who travels to Australia because of the fires. Will does well on visits like this, but the fires are so prolific, Charles has more ties to the country, and it really should be the most senior royal possible that does this. It will, IMHO, not be a short trip. The maps of the fire areas are just mind boggling and frightful. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 06:22:54 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1821 on: January 17, 2020, 08:17:12 PM »

Duchess of Cornwall makes donation to help Australian wildfires

"With Australia wildfires continuing on, many celebrities and organisations have stepped in to lend a helping hand or, a donation. As for royalty, there was no exception for the Duchess of Cornwall."

https://royalcentral.co.u...tralian-wildfires-136437/

Cams!
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1822 on: January 17, 2020, 08:26:43 PM »

I also have warmed up to Camilla. She understands the royal game now (and has understood if for quite some time). And it is nice that she cares ...
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1823 on: January 17, 2020, 09:12:11 PM »

"With Australia wildfires continuing on, many celebrities and organisations have stepped in to lend a helping hand or, a donation. As for royalty, there was no exception for the Duchess of Cornwall."

Cams!

Thank you, Camilla!   A sensible and practical donation for specific purposes.  A good idea to do it that way, I think. 
Lady Liebe

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1824 on: January 17, 2020, 09:16:18 PM »

Cams!

Thank you, Camilla!   A sensible and practical donation for specific purposes.  A good idea to do it that way, I think. 

I really liked knowing specifically where the money went. She chose well, not surprisingly. She's very sensible.   Thumb up
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1825 on: January 17, 2020, 09:36:13 PM »

Cams!

Thank you, Camilla!   A sensible and practical donation for specific purposes.  A good idea to do it that way, I think.  

I really liked knowing specifically where the money went. She chose well, not surprisingly. She's very sensible.   Thumb up

Yes, knowing exactly where the donation is going is important.  Some very generous individuals have donated huge sums of to assist bushfire victims and support services but we don't know where that money is going and what's going to happen to it.  If someone donates a million dollars I think those funds should be tracked, for the information of the donor and also because I think the public should have the right to know.  We don't need every detail, but there needs to be some record kept - to use the words of the late Australian Democrat politician Don Chipp - "to keep the bastards honest".  This money should be used for the purposes for which it was donated, not end up in general revenue or being used for another purpose.   I bet Camilla knows this.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: