Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 402924 times)
Aubiette

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: March 25, 2020, 05:41:03 PM »

I saw this on twitter. Yikes. I wish him a speedy recovery and I hope Camilla, the Queen, etc. donít get it at their age. Itís not surprising considering the amount of people he comes into contact with.
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1876 on: March 25, 2020, 08:35:37 PM »

I heard the news about Prince Charles this morning. Hopefully he will get better very soon!
Gemsheal

Mini Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: March 25, 2020, 10:16:26 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear that Charles has tested positive for the virus I pray he has a full recovery but the implications of who he himself may have infected is too great. I hope his parents and sons did not come in contact with the virus that could be the end of it for the Duke of Edinburgh and if Harry was exposed and is now in the US then he is doomed because while not enough tests are around it is a particularly dire situation in the US and Harry won't be treated like a special person. I hope everyone and that includes you wonderful people stays at home and flattens the curve the worst is yet to come.

I don't know where you live but I live in New York, not far from NYC, and despite the overblown panic-inducing media and our ridiculous Governor Cuomo and Mayor of NYC DeBlasio 💩, things are not dire.  That's just my opinion, of course.  Sorry for the OT.

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
kbart

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: March 26, 2020, 12:02:37 AM »

According to the BBC, they definitely didnít arrive in Scotland till Sunday, after the requests not to travel, and he was tested by the NHS:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52033845

I hope he makes a full recovery, as I would do for anyone with the virus, but there are double standards in play here.
Definitely agree with this. Definitely double standards. We hope he makes a full recovery but he was tested by our underfunded and overstretched NHS (when he could afford to pay) and he broke the plea NOT to leave London (which has a higher rate of cases) to go to second homes (or third or fourth or fifth in his case.) There are fewer hospitals in these areas as well as the risk of him bringing the infection in. He may be in an isolated castle but he DOES come into contact with people. Hs staff support his royal office work, prepare his food, clothes, run his baths, chauffeur him etc etc
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1879 on: March 26, 2020, 12:04:19 AM »

I hope this isnít tacky but If Charles, Queen and William all died. Who would be regent for George until 18, Kate? I hope for Edward
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: March 26, 2020, 12:07:25 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear that Charles has tested positive for the virus I pray he has a full recovery but the implications of who he himself may have infected is too great. I hope his parents and sons did not come in contact with the virus that could be the end of it for the Duke of Edinburgh and if Harry was exposed and is now in the US then he is doomed because while not enough tests are around it is a particularly dire situation in the US and Harry won't be treated like a special person. I hope everyone and that includes you wonderful people stays at home and flattens the curve the worst is yet to come.

Could not agree more, periwinkle. Containment is the only way to stop it, and grandstanding by those in power and dismissal of the severity of the virus is not helping.

Anyway, best wishes for a speedy recovery for the PoW.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1881 on: March 26, 2020, 12:48:36 AM »

He had already left London before the appeal to not leave London came as he went first to Highgrove and then, as scheduled, to Scotland where he goes every year at this time to spend Easter there. He actually spends more time in Scotland than any other member of the family going there after Christmas and staying through much of January, going for a month or around Easter and then for two months in August/September. He works while there undertaking engagements, although not this year.

The government want the three most senior royals spread across the country - one at Windsor, one in Scotland and one in Norfolk.

Charles was tested because he met the criteria for testing - on age grounds AND the fact he had been in contact with a confirmed case (Prince Albert of Monaco).

I hope this isnít tacky but If Charles, Queen and William all died. Who would be regent for George until 18, Kate? I hope for Edward

Harry - the next adult in the line of succession over 18 (so long as they are three years older than the monarch ... or 21 if the regent would be less than three years older than the monarch).

Edward would need Harry, Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie to also be dead or out of the line of succession for him to become Regent.

Edward is currently the 7th adult in the line of succession and 11th overall.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: March 26, 2020, 12:50:31 AM »

delete
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1883 on: March 26, 2020, 01:14:43 AM »

I don't know where you live but I live in New York, not far from NYC, and despite the overblown panic-inducing media and our ridiculous Governor Cuomo and Mayor of NYC DeBlasio 💩, things are not dire.  That's just my opinion, of course.  Sorry for the OT.
I'm in Northern Westchester. It's not a problem for our family of three. But I am also shopping and cooking for my elderly parents and a friend who is immuno suppressed, which makes it a bit more difficult. I find the key is to go to the market first thing in the morning, right after they restock. If you wait until 10 am, certain thinks are off the shelves.
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #1884 on: March 26, 2020, 01:29:58 AM »

According to the BBC, they definitely didnít arrive in Scotland till Sunday, after the requests not to travel, and he was tested by the NHS:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52033845

I hope he makes a full recovery, as I would do for anyone with the virus, but there are double standards in play here.
Definitely agree with this. Definitely double standards. We hope he makes a full recovery but he was tested by our underfunded and overstretched NHS (when he could afford to pay) and he broke the plea NOT to leave London (which has a higher rate of cases) to go to second homes (or third or fourth or fifth in his case.) There are fewer hospitals in these areas as well as the risk of him bringing the infection in. He may be in an isolated castle but he DOES come into contact with people. Hs staff support his royal office work, prepare his food, clothes, run his baths, chauffeur him etc etc

and toothpaste on his toothbrush

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
lynaH

Ignore
« Reply #1885 on: March 26, 2020, 02:31:54 AM »

I suspect that if George were to become king a law would be passed allowing Kate to be his regent, just as it was for Prince Phillip. She is the third most popular member of the family, after only the Queen and William. Also the optics of the widowed mother ruling for her orphaned son would be heartbreakingly amazing.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1886 on: March 26, 2020, 04:08:29 AM »

I suspect that if George were to become king a law would be passed allowing Kate to be his regent, just as it was for Prince Phillip. She is the third most popular member of the family, after only the Queen and William. Also the optics of the widowed mother ruling for her orphaned son would be heartbreakingly amazing.

I can't imagine that happening, and I am not in favour of it happening.  Philip's situation was singular and appropriate for the time, I think.  Well, no I actually don't think it was appropriate at all, but it happened.  It should have been Margaret.  But Philip is of royal blood himself, and a descendant of Queen Victoria.  And he was man at a time when being a man held a significance it doesn't hold in modern society and he had that amoeba complex.  If there is to be a regent I think it should be the next available and eligible in the line of succession.  Harry has excluded himself by moving overseas, though some private international law loophole may still be able to be teased open to enable him to be declared domiciled in Britain.  If it weren't to be Harry then IMO it should be Andrew, or Beatrice if he is not available.  

And the monarch does not rule, they only reign.  
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1887 on: March 26, 2020, 04:19:12 AM »

I can't imagine that happening, and I am not in favour of it happening.  Philip's situation was singular and appropriate for the time, I think.  Well, no I actually don't think it was appropriate at all, but it happened.  It should have been Margaret.  But Philip is of royal blood himself, and a descendant of Queen Victoria.  And he was man at a time when being a man held a significance it doesn't hold in modern society and he had that amoeba complex.  If there is to be a regent I think it should be the next available and eligible in the line of succession.  Harry has excluded himself by moving overseas, though some private international law loophole may still be able to be teased open to enable him to be declared domiciled in Britain.  If it weren't to be Harry then IMO it should be Andrew, or Beatrice if he is not available.  

And the monarch does not rule, they only reign.  

God forbid it ever ends up in this situation, but it would be a cold day in hell before Andrew is allowed to step up given the optics surrounding him right now.

Thereís few things still in the news besides CV19, and Epstein and the events surrounding him are some of them.

It would likely be Kate, Edward, Anne, or the entire monarchy abolished.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: March 26, 2020, 04:44:14 AM »

The reason they passed the law for Philip was a belief that Margaret wasn't up to the job.

The Queen Mum wasn't going to be Regent for The Queen for instance.

The law would also have to be passed before hand as once the Regency is established it wouldn't be the right thing to do. To strip Harry after he became Regent would be seen as another racist attack on Meghan as well.

GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1889 on: March 26, 2020, 05:03:34 AM »

Can we leave the OT couple OT?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: