Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 525421 times)
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2250 on: April 09, 2021, 04:04:46 PM »

No.
Edward will be.

Not yet.

The LPs that created the Edinburgh title for Philip has the normal remainder - heirs male of the body lawfully begotten.

That makes Charles Philip's heir as well as heir to the throne.

The announcement, in 1999, was that when both the Queen and Philip have died, and the titles merge with the Crown then Edinburgh will be recreated for Edward.

Of course IF - Charles, William AND George were all to predecease the Queen then Charlotte becomes Queen but Louis inherits all of Philip's titles (as well as William's titles).
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2251 on: April 09, 2021, 09:19:00 PM »

I thought it was a given that Edward would get the title since he is the only one who is an earl. Charles is already Duke of Cornwall.
Ghost

Medium Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #2252 on: April 09, 2021, 09:31:00 PM »

I thought it was a given that Edward would get the title since he is the only one who is an earl. Charles is already Duke of Cornwall.

They follow the law.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2253 on: April 09, 2021, 09:32:11 PM »

Once it reverts to the crown which can only happen once both Philip and The Queen pass away.  Then Charles will issue LPs making Edward Duke of Edinburgh.  The LPs for Philip’s creation (1947) have the standard wording “heir male lawfully begotten” which means it operates like any regular peerage and therefore Philip’s eldest son was always his heir and succeeded him to his titles.

I don’t expect Charles to use “Duke of Edinburgh” but he is now The Duke of Edinburgh...well The Duke of Cornwall, Rothesay, and Edinburgh if you wanted to get technical.  

Personally this is probably a good thing.  It’s very likely that the title won’t be used for 5 years (give or take) so there won’t be such raw emotion when it reverts to the crown and Edward is made Duke.  A little down time will be a good thing.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2254 on: April 10, 2021, 04:25:10 PM »

I agree. In the past few years I have come to really like Ed & Sophie as a couple and as assets to the Crown. I think they will make excellent Duke & Duchess of Edinburgh.
jolene

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2255 on: April 10, 2021, 06:31:01 PM »

I agree. In the past few years I have come to really like Ed & Sophie as a couple and as assets to the Crown. I think they will make excellent Duke & Duchess of Edinburgh.
Agree, but then again, I have a soft spot for the Countess.  Hug
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2256 on: April 17, 2021, 08:28:16 PM »

In the wake of Philipp's funeral I was watching some interviews with him and I was struck at how very much indeed Charles resembles him.
I have never really thought so, because quite frankly Charles while ever the suberbly dressed and coiffed gentlemen, was never IMO good-looking or handsome, while his father from early on until very late (the interview I was watching was done in 1995, when PP was 74!) was incredibly handsome and attractive.
But looking at PP in this interview, his gestics, his mimics, his facial expressions and his way of talking... it is all Charles...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2257 on: April 17, 2021, 09:15:59 PM »

I agree, he has become less the Queen and looking more like the DOE as he’s aged, especially as his hair is getting whiter.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #2258 on: May 12, 2021, 09:44:46 PM »

This was tucked into a DM article about the Wessexes visiting NHS staff at Frimley Park on International Nursing Day.

https://www.dailymail.co....national-Nursing-Day.html

It comes a day after Prince Charles personally thanked staff who cared for his late father at St Barts Hospital before his death.

The Prince of Wales, 72, was on a visit to the historic hospital in the City of London yesterday when he got the chance to meet privately with some of the team that cared for the Duke of Edinburgh when he was transferred for heart surgery in March.

Royal officials declined to say who, saying the hospital wanted to protect their identities, but confirmed the group included a nurse, a consultant and a therapist.

Philip, who died last month at the age of 99, spent four nights at St Barts, after being transferred from the private King Edward VII Hospital on 1st March.

He subsequently underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition, before being moved back to the King Edward VII.[/i]

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2259 on: May 22, 2021, 12:00:30 PM »

This took place on the 19, but is a much need palette cleanser: Camilla visited Horses for People in Comber, Northern Ireland.

Cool your jets, everyone
Nappyolean

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2260 on: May 22, 2021, 01:28:33 PM »

Leave it to Camilla to be able to wear a white ruffle blouse, a green dress with a black boleroish jacket with suede boots to visit horses and look appropriate for the occasion but still elegant and “Queenly”.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2261 on: May 22, 2021, 01:51:06 PM »

Leave it to Camilla to be able to wear a white ruffle blouse, a green dress with a black boleroish jacket with suede boots to visit horses and look appropriate for the occasion but still elegant and “Queenly”.

Yes I think she sees appropriate clothes for the visit as her role and does a great job... she can look State Visit whenever required but otherwise she is at heart a country lady....
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2262 on: May 22, 2021, 02:39:21 PM »

Their whole NI visit earlier this week was really nice! Clarence House does a great job of documenting their engagements.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2263 on: May 25, 2021, 09:37:48 PM »

This took place on the 19, but is a much need palette cleanser: Camilla visited Horses for People in Comber, Northern Ireland.

Camilla seems such a nice person and the animals seem to love her too.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2264 on: May 26, 2021, 09:41:38 PM »

Camilla just seems so warm hearted. I love that public opinion of her has been thawing for the most part.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: