Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Wedding Gifts  (Read 41339 times)
sj007

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 01:06:34 AM »

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2004/s1108174.htm

Anticipation building ahead of Danish royal wedding PRINT FRIENDLY EMAIL STORY
AM - Friday, 14 May , 2004  08:25:32
Reporter: Fran Kelly
TONY EASTLEY: It'll be the biggest party that Copenhagen has seen for a while. Tonight's royal wedding is all set – the guests and the gifts all in place.

Tasmanian Mary Donaldson is about to become a Princess and one day perhaps a Queen, after she marries the Crown Prince of Denmark, Prince Frederik.

The Danish capital is all aflutter in anticipation.

Our Europe Correspondent Fran Kelly is there

FRAN KELLY: In Copenhagen, everybody's smiling and it's usually got something to do with Mary Donaldson, their Princess-to-be.

They smile when you mention her name, they smile when they hear her speak in her not quite perfect Danish. They even laugh and smile when she gets the protocol at formal events a little wrong.

Today, her hat blew off as she greeted parliamentarians at a reception in her honour. The crowd loved it.

(audio of squeals, with brass band in background)

VOX POP 1: We saw her hat flew off, and we enjoyed it and she was taking it very strong. She laughed and he said to her, "it doesn't matter".

FRAN KELLY: In this city it seems, everybody loves Mary. Just witness the crowd lining up to bring wedding gifts.

(audio of motorbikes revving)

From bikies to scoutmasters they came. Some driving five hours to deliver their gifts.

So what do you give the couple that has everything?

VOX POP 2: They're getting two very nice Harley-Davidson jackets on behalf of the biker environment in Denmark.

VOX POP 3: I brought them a frame with three pictures from the boat race which took place last Sunday.

VOX POP 4: I'm a leader of some young scouts and yesterday we made drawings for the Prince and for the Princess.

VOX POP 5: I brought a jacket in suede and I made a tie for Prince Frederik.

VOX POP 6: We brought them two pair of handcrafted RM Williams boot. We have a special store for that here in Copenhagen, we bought Australian stuff. So therefore we are very, very happy to have Mary here as the coming Queen.

FRAN KELLY: There were paintings and rugs, glassware and jewellery, even his and her mountain bikes, though the new Princess might be a little taken aback to see her bike already mounted with a baby seat, ready for that first heir.

But if she is starting to feel the pressure, she needn't worry.

Anna Johanderson (phonetic) is Copenhagen's leading royal writer. She's the one who first discovered the romance between Frederik and Mary, tracking the Crown Prince's new girlfriend all the way to Sydney. Since then, Mary Donaldson hasn't been off the front cover.

ANNA JOHANDERSON: She should just stay the way she is. She's perfect the way she is. She is so honest, she's open, she's intelligent, good looking. And I think they will get children pretty soon.

FRAN KELLY: Is that important to the Danes, that children come out of this royal marriage very quickly?

ANNA JOHANDERSON: They don't have to do it this year, but I think maybe next year we have a baby boy or baby princess.

FRAN KELLY: There's all sorts of people in Copenhagen for this wedding. European royals, Australian dignitaries, the Donaldson family and friends – even the Queen's favourite singer, Donovan, who's star guest at the royal gala concert, a role normally preserved for the likes of Paul McCartney, Elton John or Sting.

DONOVAN: I think I was invited because of my love of myths and legends and fairytales, and perhaps I'm a favourite of the Queen.

FRAN KELLY: Now Donovan, can you give us a sneak preview for Australia?

DONOVAN: Well, apart from singing…

(singing) "Sunshine came softly through my window today"…

I'll be singing in particular, Little Tin Soldier which is the story of the little tin story with one leg who fell in love with a ballerina. So I'll be singing a fairytale tonight for the royal family. And it goes like…

(singing) "Once in a town in the black forest, a little white toyshop stood, and a little tin soldier with only one leg, lived in a castle of wood. And across the room on another shelf…"

FRAN KELLY: This is Fran Kelly in Copenhagen, for AM.

DONOVAN: (singing) "… and a tiny ballerina lived in there all in a dress of lace and…"

TONY EASTLEY: Singer Donovan.

I wonder what Denmark's founding father of democracy, Gorm the Old, would make of it all. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 10:17:36 AM »

Maybe the erotic boardgame is just a synomyme for their first IVF/ICSI?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 12:52:52 PM »

Naked Twister is a lot of fun...from what I've heard anyway!

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 01:10:34 PM »

Naked Twister is a lot of fun...from what I've heard anyway!
Of course... Wink

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 07:42:11 PM »

Giant clay jug - another wedding gift for Mary and Frederik
Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik receive the wedding-gift by the danish town Tommerup, a giant clay jug, that has been placed in the garden of their home, the Chancellery House at Fredensborg Castle.
source http://www.ppe-agency.com/

RLB

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »

That is one ugly jug...
patricia07

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 04:20:09 PM »

What would be amazing is if a royal couple said that instead of gifts, they wished people would donate to charity.  Because these people are fricking privileged enough and have enough STUFF as it is, let alone accepting hundreds of hundreds of gifts.
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 04:29:37 PM »

What would be amazing is if a royal couple said that instead of gifts, they wished people would donate to charity.  Because these people are fricking privileged enough and have enough STUFF as it is, let alone accepting hundreds of hundreds of gifts.

Friso and Mabel asked for charitable donations in lieu of gifts.
patricia07

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 04:31:57 PM »

Oh cool, I didn't know that.  I meant one of the crown princely couples, though, since they get way more and bigger gifts.
anirac

Medium Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 04:46:33 PM »

Alexander and Maxima also got a charity gift. They got the Oranje-Fond, a foundation that supports foundations and associations that work for the neighborhood and the society.
http://www.oranjefonds.nl...2/pagina.asp?pagkey=69740

The Oranje Fonds invests in the social side of the Netherlands. We make financial contributions to organisations that submit requests to us. Contributions must be intended for investments or projects occurring within the Netherlands, the Netherlands Antilles or Aruba and which contribute to the Fund’s general objective: a society in which people are mutually involved in eachother's lifes. And where people can meet eachother or find a better place for themselves. There are also certain specific criteria and guidelines with which requests must comply.

I owe so much to my wife.You cannot imagine what I'm feeling.It's fabulous.Thank you,Beatrix.

Perhaps history will bear out that the choice of my partner was my best decision.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2008, 07:56:50 PM »

Didn't CP Haakon & Mette-Marit also request donations be made to a charity Huh??
Máxima

Medium Member

Argentina Argentina

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 05:16:17 PM »

HRH the Prince of Orange and HRH Princess Máxima married on 2 February 2002. In the months preceding the wedding, people donated money to a special account to offer them a gift on behalf of the Dutch people. The gift originated the Oranje Fonds, which was presented to the royal couple, that became patrons of the foundation.

The Prince and Princess are actively involved in the operations and activities of the Oranje Fonds. They both attend the award ceremony of the Appeltjes van Oranje, where the Princess presents the prizes. The couple is also regularly consulted on developments within the Oranje Fonds.

The Oranje Fonds can proudly claim to have patrons that are actively involved in its activities!
http://www.oranjefonds.nl...2/pagina.asp?pagkey=69738
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2008, 09:23:16 AM »

So years and habits have changed...
When May of Teck was to marry the future King of Britain, every girl in the realm had to give a certain portion of her sad and meager income to buy her future Majesty a beautiful tiara (the girls of Great britain Tiara) a present solely for the use of HRH.
But today with all those annoyingly democratic tendencies we want funds instead of lavish gifts, so sad, what is next? Royals that are expected to work? Yikes

Mary's life motto:
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2008, 11:59:09 AM »

So years and habits have changed...
When May of Teck was to marry the future King of Britain, every girl in the realm had to give a certain portion of her sad and meager income to buy her future Majesty a beautiful tiara (the girls of Great britain Tiara) a present solely for the use of HRH.
Oyy... I won't spend any cent for royal.....

Quote from:
But today with all those annoyingly democratic tendencies we want funds instead of lavish gifts, so sad, what is next? Royals that are expected to work? Yikes
I think it has already happened in present day, many royal now earn their own bread, only the one with HRH has been paid by Govt.....(expl, Norwegian RF)  Thinking

Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 12:01:27 AM »

Fred got a Mitsubishi sports sedan and Flicka' got an SUV for their wedding. Third story...

http://www.mitsubishi.com...nitor/back/0410/news.html

I am also almost sure, they got another car from Saab or Volvo. I just can't find the article right now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: